Just picked this one up and it's pretty darn near absolutely amazing. Excellent relaxing music and just to be enjoyed. I was sitting out on the back patio with this turned up as the sun was setting and just really enjoyed the heck out of this one. About half way through I came back in and finished listening from the sweet spot. Excellent quality.

This truly is a very deep subject (The Well).

Front.jpg

Duke Ellington & Louis Armstrong: The Great Summit: The Master Takes XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Marvelous.

Duke Ellington & Louis Armstrong The Great Summit front.jpg

B.J. Thomas: The Living Room Sessions XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Very entertaining. SQ is very good.

B.J. Thomas The Living Room Sessions.jpg

Eric Clapton; Old Sock HDtracks DL 96/24 AIFF. Pretty Good. Especially his cast of thousands:

Musicians:

Eric Clapton - Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, 12-String Guitar, Dobro, Mandolin

Doyle Bramhall II - Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar, Mandolin, Backing Vocals

Willie Weeks - Bass, Upright Bass

Steve Gadd - Drums

Walt Richmond - Upright Piano, Keyboards

Greg Leisz - Pedal Steel, Mandolin

Chris Stainton - Clavinet, Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Hammond B3 Organ

Taj Mahal - Harmonica, Banjo

Jim Keltner - Drums

Steve Winwood - Hammond B3 Organ

J.J. Cale - Vocals, Electric Guitar

Paul McCartney - Upright Bass, Vocals

Abe Laboriel, Jr. - Drums

Tim Carmon - Hammond B3 Organ, Chord Organ

Henry Spinetti - Drums

Justin Stanley - Clavinet, Mellotron, Drums

Matt Chamberlain - Drums

Matt Rollings - Keyboards

Simon Climie - Percussion, Piano

Frank Marocco - Accordion

Gabe Witcher - Fiddle

Stephen "Doc" Kupka - Baritone Sax

Joseph Sublett - Tenor Sax

Nicholas Lane - Trombone

Sal Cracchiolo - Trumpet

Background Vocals - Sharon White, Michelle John

Guest Vocals - Chaka Khan, Julie Clapton, Ella Clapton, Sophie Clapton, Nikka Costa, Wendy Moten, Lisa Vaughn

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Eric Clapton Old Socks.jpg

Just picked this one up and it's pretty darn near absolutely amazing. Excellent relaxing music and just to be enjoyed. I was sitting out on the back patio with this turned up as the sun was setting and just really enjoyed the heck out of this one. About half way through I came back in and finished listening from the sweet spot. Excellent quality.

This truly is a very deep subject (The Well).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5177[/ATTACH]

Fully agree. Did you get the high res?

Beach Boys: Pet Sounds in 192/24. I got it because of all the praise it received here on CA. I definitely agree that this is high quality sound, but to my taste this is very light music, much too light for me really.

51ITyogY%2BlL._SY300_.jpg

Bach Cantatas by Suzuki Vol.4, 16/44 download from eClassical. Beautiful music, splendid sound.

51U2fS%2B3WQL._SX300_.jpg

Clapton Unplugged 16/44. Very entertaining, good-quality music, and very good sound.

220px-Eric_Clapton_Unplugged.jpg

Van Halen 1984, 192/24. I enjoyed the music but I am not sure that the 192/24 format is really necessary to capture this sort of music, especially the keyboards of Jump.

RC84B.jpg

Eric Whitacre Sainte Chapelle by the Tallis Scholars, 192/24 from Gimmell. Here I think that there is a greater benefit to the 192/24 format.

802-iTunes.jpg

Beatles for Sale (Remaster)

515QK7K87pL.jpg

This is September 2009 Abbey Road re-master, ripped to 16/44.1k AIFF. What can I say? It sounds *good*. Lots of fun... recommended!

Did I mention that the album artwork and liner notes are well done too, and just add to the fun!

Title: Debussy La Mer/Fetes / Iberia (No. 2 from Images pour Orchestre)

Artist(s):

Pierre Dervaux / L'Orchestre des Concerts Colonne

Recording Info:

Used for transfer Command Classics 4-track tape

Recorded 1962

DebussyLamerDervaux.jpg

Oh my - there are hardly words to describe how this recording reaches out and grips your soul. As the info above says, it is from 1962, but it has sonics that put most recordings today to shame. And on top of that, a beautiful performance too. From HD Tape Transfer at 24/192k.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Finally finished my room transformation and finally got an amplifier. Still have lots of tweaking to do with speaker positioning but right now I don't care, just want to sit back and relax. This is first on the agenda for tonight...

The John Butler Trio - John Butler

The+John+Butler+Trio+-+(1998)+John+Butler+Trio+Retail.jpg

.........but right now I don't care, just want to sit back and relax.....[with music]

A well-deserved respite....enjoy !

Sharing the evening with Diana....

This SACD rip has a presence that brings her right into the room.....

amazing.....

folder.jpg

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

BIS Bach Trios by London Baroque. Well recorded. Nice music.

41IDBHXY2FL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Bach: Mass in B minor by J. Savall and his team, SACD. Even if there are a few hiccups here and there, I enjoyed this version very much. The musicians are deeply committed, and it feels. It is also a true live: the recording of one concert, with no patches, and it hears.

poster_300484.jpg

Ralph Thamar, Exil.

ralph-thamar-exil.jpg

Michel & Tony Petrucciani: Conversation XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Superb musicality, technique, SQ. Highly recommended. PS father and son conversation is extraordinary

Michel & Tony Petrucciani Conversation.jpg

Johnny Hartman: Collection: 1947-1972 Disc 1 of 2 Discs. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Early Hartman is phenomenal. How does a artist with his voice start and remain under-appreciated? Just grand.

Johnny Hartman Collection- 1947-1972.jpg

Oscar Peterson & Fred Astaire: Complete Norman Granz Sessions Disc 1 of 2 Discs. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Another "grand" (twice). Maybe not a great voice, but a grand style and way about him with a master at the keyboard and accompanied by great musicians. If it is a matter of taste, it tastes good to me.

Oscar Peterson & Fred Astaire.jpg

For a change of pace:

Willie Nelson and Family: Let's Face The Music and Dance. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. At 80 years of age, I'd give this recording a solid 95. Excellent SQ too.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Willie Nelson and Family Let's Face The Music and Dance.jpg

Monk - Straight, No Chaser.

Not considered one of his classics, but underrated IMO. Very good album. A real toe-tapper.

Folder.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)