IGNORED

Article: System Install Prep and Deep Purple Pep

I think the EQ on the atmos mix is really bad. The bass guitar needs more 80hz, and kick 50-70hz. The snares are dull, particularly on Highway star. I would have boosted around 8k. The rhythm guitars and organ also sound bad. Roger is not as high in the mix as he should be. The funky part of lazy has him way too low. If these mixes were sent to be mastered by somebody like Michael Romanowski at Coast Mastering they would sound much better. Dweezil has great ideas, but poor execution of EQ.

59 minutes ago, keenly said:

I think the EQ on the atmos mix is really bad. The bass guitar needs more 80hz, and kick 50-70hz. The snares are dull, particularly on Highway star. I would have boosted around 8k. The rhythm guitars and organ also sound bad. Roger is not as high in the mix as he should be. The funky part of lazy has him way too low. If these mixes were sent to be mastered by somebody like Michael Romanowski at Coast Mastering they would sound much better. Dweezil has great ideas, but poor execution of EQ.

We're talking about art, where there's no such thing as objectively right or wrong :~)

I love this mix. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Are the old speakers going into the kitchen or the bedroom?

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I was thinking Atmos in the bathroom 🤣

The toilet as the sub... 🤣

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I stayed with the Ivory for the Alidas. Now I’m wishing I would’ve went with Olympia Pearl. The ivory works perfectly in my room, but that pearl finish would’ve taken it to another level 😏

I see them now in the images...very nice and a great modern look. 

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We're talking about art, where there's no such thing as objectively right or wrong :~)

I love this mix. 

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love this mix. 

The stereo mixes show the levels roger wanted his bass guitar at, the atmos mix buries them. That is an objective reality unfortunately. Like 8 seconds on Highway star. The bass lick is buried. 

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I was thinking Atmos in the bathroom 🤣

I had a better thought...set them up as PA speakers for your daughter's band...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

4 hours ago, keenly said:

The stereo mixes show the levels roger wanted his bass guitar at, the atmos mix buries them. That is an objective reality unfortunately. Like 8 seconds on Highway star. The bass lick is buried. 

The new levels are what Zappa, or those who hired him to create something different, want. It’s art. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png