7 minutes ago, 111MilesToGo said:

upmpdcli is as it comes out-of-the-box. For my mpd settings I‘d like to defer that til Monday, sorry.

Thanks for that. I mean I just wonder if there are specific settings related to buffering or cache that needs to be set in mpd to avoid this issue...

Cheers

Deric

On 3/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, 111MilesToGo said:

I‘d like to say today that I‘m more and more happy with JPLAY for iOS. I get my streaming services, and - finally - I got my local library back by accessing it the way I want (i.e. including folder view without that fanatic "no no never" point of view taken by "you know who" until very recently …).

@Marcin_gps, I would like to repeat my feature request: Please think about providing a true Stop button on the Now Playing screen in addition to the Pause button. Maybe an additional button, maybe give the Pause button two roles as Pause via normal tap and Stop via long-press or double-tap, whatever is best in line with common iOS GUI practices.

My reason behind this is that I use JPLAY to also control an MPD player on my Linux computer. Leaving MPD paused at the end of a listening session looks a bit awkward to me.

I will discuss it with my partner, thanks. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Believe it or not, JPLAY is playing right now... 

When this song ends it will; either repeat it, or stop, which will continue until I manually forward it to the next song. If it were possible to downgrade to the previous version, I would. The latest version is a mess.

IMG_0255.PNG

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

We implemented a stop function by long pressing pause button. It will be available in the next build.

Hmm, there were no changes related to playback. I'd look at the player (renderer) configuration. 

If you'd  like, you may send me a log file (enable logs in the app's settings, reproduce the issue and send me the log file)

Best regards,
Marcin

I will send a log after reproducing the issue as I have figured out exactly how to do so.

Thanks Marcin.

No electron left behind.

No, I haven't read this whole thread but I have a question,

I have Qobuz on my Windows PC playing via HDMI into my processor.  I would like to use an app on a tablet to control it so I thought JPlay would do that since I can load it on my iPAD and it sees my Qobuz library, but all it will do is AirPlay to my processor. Maybe I'm misunderstanding and trying to get it to do something it isn't capable of?

If I'm confused about JPlay's capabilities. is there an app that can control Qobuz on my PC so I can get the high resolution files instead of AirPlay?

thanks

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

2 hours ago, bbosler said:

No, I haven't read this whole thread but I have a question,

I have Qobuz on my Windows PC playing via HDMI into my processor.  I would like to use an app on a tablet to control it so I thought JPlay would do that since I can load it on my iPAD and it sees my Qobuz library, but all it will do is AirPlay to my processor. Maybe I'm misunderstanding and trying to get it to do something it isn't capable of?

If I'm confused about JPlay's capabilities. is there an app that can control Qobuz on my PC so I can get the high resolution files instead of AirPlay?

thanks

Does your processor support UPnP or DLNA? That’s the preferred way to use JPLAY. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 2/26/2024 at 10:27 PM, One and a half said:

I found, consistently, native Jriver uPNP SQ about less than average, 3/5 compared with Audirvana, Jplay/Minimserver. Uninstalled JPLAY a few months ago, used Audirvana Studio over Origin to listen to Qobuz for discovery, but local file searching, browsing on Studio is poor compared with Origin. Just yesterday re-installed JPlay / Minimserver, as the main go to, for me, a lot of the bugs from JPLAY are gone now and it's easy to slide into JPLAY.

Still use Jriver controlled by a phone to a Bluetooth speaker in the bathroom, works well that way, not as resolving, therefore covers errors with aplomb 😀

I have only done casual comparisons because I’m lazy in this regard (much more methodical with easy tests of things like cables), but I think I find LMS sound better than Minimserver. 

This impression goes back to when I had a microRendu and now with a Volumio Rivo. JPlay with LMS is better than Volumio too. 

I use LMS on my Synology and JPlay is also functionally more stable with that than Minimserver. Someone posted about time scrubber being out of sync…I feel like I get this with UPnP all the time (and hate it). Is LMS different than UPnP? 

And finally, is there some network behavior that might influence sound quality? Less activity perhaps?

I just know that in the long run, I find my system emotionally engaging and something I want to listen to when things are working. I can tell when I make a change and I lose interest in sitting down for dedicated listening. JPlay with LMS is engaging. Other set ups have not resulted in engagement for me. 

Anyway, just suggesting that LMS may be worth trying for sound quality - many thanks to the people keeping LMS alive and reporting their impressions vs other protocols (if that is the correct term).

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

4 hours ago, feelingears said:

but I think I find LMS sound better than Minimserver.

Unfortunately Minimserver doesn’t play … it is just a upnp media server, how can you say that Minimserver does or doesn’t sound better?

This impression goes back to when I had a microRendu and now with a Volumio Rivo. JPlay with LMS is better than Volumio too. 

Then the actual player was in MPD in the microRendu, so likely the issue was in microRendu MPD … in order to use JPlay with LMS you must have activated the UPNP server plugin in LMS, therefore you’re back to a UPNP setup.

I use LMS on my Synology and JPlay is also functionally more stable with that than Minimserver

Which is the actual player you’re using? I your dac directly connected to your NAS?

Long time Minimserver and LMS user here and I find Minimserver rock solid (more than 15 years on Minimserver managing a 8TB library without a single issue) while recently LMS (since 8.4.0) has some critical bugs … it was fine up to 8.3.1.

Stefano

My audio system

27 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:
5 hours ago, feelingears said:

but I think I find LMS sound better than Minimserver.

Unfortunately Minimserver doesn’t play … it is just a upnp media server, how can you say that Minimserver does or doesn’t sound better?

Then the actual player was in MPD in the microRendu, so likely the issue was in microRendu MPD … in order to use JPlay with LMS you must have activated the UPNP server plugin in LMS, therefore you’re back to a UPNP setup.

I use LMS on my Synology and JPlay is also functionally more stable with that than Minimserver

Which is the actual player you’re using? I your dac directly connected to your NAS?

Long time Minimserver and LMS user here and I find Minimserver rock solid (more than 15 years on Minimserver managing a 8TB library without a single issue) while recently LMS (since 8.4.0) has some critical bugs … it was fine up to 8.3.1.

Due to a recent upgrade to AMS 5.0 on the Antipodes streamer/servers we can now use JPLAY with LMS on the server and MPD on the player. I am happily listening now to Led Zep IV with this configuration using the JPLAY app as a controller.

IMG_4499.jpeg

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

@Fourlegs … and in your screenshot it seems you’re using LMS as UPNP renderer too (only possible with the same plugin activated ) … quite “recursive” setup:

LMS (UPNP mediaserver) -> JPlay -> LMS (UPNP renderer) ->LMS  UPNP bridge plugin -> MPD

IMG_3140.jpeg

… likely you have activated the UPNP/DLNA bridge LMS plugin too in order to use an external MPD/UPNP player.

It seems a very complex configuration that can be easily simplified using just Minimserver and the MPD renderer

Minimserver -> JPlay -> MPD

In this complex configuration LMS is not playing at all (MPD is actually playing) … just like the much more simple configuration possible using Minimserver only.

I’m wondering which could be the benefit using such a configuration 

Stefano

My audio system

9 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

It seems a very complex configuration that can be easily simplified using just Minimserver and the MPD renderer

Minimserver -> JPlay -> MPD

I am not a fan of the sound of MinimServer + MPD and was therefore interested to try LMS + MPD (I show below screenshots of this in the Antipodes set up. I have not intentionally invoked the ‘recursive’ set up. 
IMG_4502.thumb.jpeg.ab539191aacf40cc95a792a647b9d634.jpegIMG_4501.thumb.jpeg.48c79f89c50b496b260562e144a39844.jpeg

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

@Fourlegs those screenshots mask the (recursive) configuration that I described … It seems just a hard technical exercise but I really doubt it can play better than the simpler one … after all, as I wrote, LMS is not playing at all, it is just:

1. a upnp mediaserver
  2. a upnp renderer
  3. a upnp bridge to MPD that is the actual player

Stefano

My audio system

@stefano_mbp Thanks. I guess the only way to decide is for me to listen and compare to LMS + Squeezelite (obviously that is without JPLAY app). For the moment and unless anything changes I have already decided against MinimServer + MPD on sound quality grounds (at least on my Antipodes Oladra, it may be different on other devices).

ATC150 active speakers.

23 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Marcin_gps I realized just now that the MiniPlayer volume control doesn’t have any effect while the app volume control does … in the screenshot the volume is set to 0 but it doesn’t reflect into the app

(running beta 1.0.18 (94) on iPad 5gen iPadOS 16.7.7)

IMG_3141.png

Thank you for the information. I'll investigate. Although I think from the lock screen it's not possible to adjust volume. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

I really like using Jplay for IOS and think the further development of the program is very good. Streaming from Tidal, Qobuz and the local library worked very well for me.

I'm still looking for a solution to using InternetRadio. My attempts to integrate MinimStreamer for this feature were also unsuccessful. Will there be a solution for using InternetRadio or will this function not be available in the future? It would be helpful if the URL for InternetRadio could be entered as a first step.

Unfortunately, the very positive test results of JPlay for IOS that are now available did not take this function into account.