IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

I shouldn’t think that a 7+ would not work, as any other audio / audio-related app under the sun that I’ve tried works fine. Actually, when I look for the app on the AppStore, it states that’s it is compatible with my phone. Minimum stated is iOS 12.0 and I’m on 14.6. Let’s see what @Ales Prochazkahas to say on this!  Thanks. JCR 

2 hours ago, jrobbins50 said:

@Ales Prochazka, I have had HQPDcontrolv4 for a while now and have yet to be able to get it to work at all.

I use an iPhone 7+.  HQPDcontrolv4 app version is 6.1.2, version code 449.  In about, the app recognizes that I use HQP Desktop v4 on Windows.  "Allow control from network" is selected on the HQP Desktop.  I've enabled your app to access my phone.

HQP Desktop is on my music server, running Windows Server 2019 under Audiophile Optimizer.  IP address of the server is 192.168.0.138, which is what I have set in the app host connection setting.  The app Port setting is at the default 4321, and to ensure no issues there, I have TCP/UDP port forwarding specifically open for 4321 in my Orbi router.  I use HQP Desktop through Roon for playback and have three microRendu devices running through HQP.

When I run autodiscovery of HQP, I always get the "not implemented" error message.  I shut down Roonserver entirely, just to see if that was interfering, but still get the same error message.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone, but that makes no difference.

I want to use your app to be able to switch between HQP settings for my three microRendu endpoints, without having to log into my music server to change directly in HQP Desktop.  I want to continue to use Roon to search for content and control the playback through HQP from there, as I've been doing.

What am I doing wrong with the app?  Thanks.  JCR

Hi,

Compatibility should be iOS 12+.

But:

1. The autodiscovery function is disabled on iOS because I have problems with it. So you have to enter the IP address manually. HQPDcontrol must be on the same network as HQPlaeyr, ie 192.168.0.x.
  2. HQPlayer input and output device settings cannot be changed from HQPDcontrol.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

46 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

Thanks, @Ales Prochazka.  Hmm, well, I have manually put 192.168.0.138 in the setup, which is the IP address of the HQP server. That isn’t working. 

But, it sounds as though I would not be able to make use of the app even if it did function because of your point 2 above. No volume control either?  JCR 

I now tried HQPD 4.11.0 on Windows 10 Pro:

The first thing - the HQPD function "control from network" did not remain on after restarting HQPD. Ok, I had the "Output Device Settings" set incorrectly.

Now enabled "control from network" function will survive the restart HQPD.

The second thing - the control still doesn't work. I use ESET antivirus on Windows 10, which has its own firewall. It can show which network communication it has blocked. Shows HQPD. ESET allows you to allow each blocked communication (create a rule), so I allow it.
Resolved, HQPDC connects to HQPD.

By the way, after entering/changing the IP address in HQPDC, I recommend restarting HQPDC.

great job Ales 👌....👏👏
with the tablet portrait display up to 4 columns
and with landscape display up to 5 columns

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

@Ales ProchazkaI just wanted to thank you for this application.  I’ve been using it everyday and it has worked predictably and flawlessly.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Hi Ales @Ales Prochazka the Android version to download is the "green one" with v4 correct?

Some content in my case can't be added to the playlist for some reason and sometimes the control on HQPe doesn't work as expected, I need to add the tracks using the library in HQPe's interface then control with your app.

It is a great app I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if you would like me to troubleshoot any of my issues and send these over with a good description of what's happening.

Thank you for a good app

22 minutes ago, luisma said:

Hi Ales @Ales Prochazka the Android version to download is the "green one" with v4 correct?

Some content in my case can't be added to the playlist for some reason and sometimes the control on HQPe doesn't work as expected, I need to add the tracks using the library in HQPe's interface then control with your app.

It is a great app I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if you would like me to troubleshoot any of my issues and send these over with a good description of what's happening.

Thank you for a good app

If you are using HQPE version 4, then the green version of HQPDC (v4) is the correct one.

Yes, describe the problem in more detail.

Hi @Ales Prochazka

There's a little inconvenience in the Matrix Profile section.

After start HQPDcontrol (latest version) does not display the matrix profile that is actually loaded in HQPlayer - instead it displays the first profile from the list of stored matrix profiles.

We be cool if you could fix this in a future update - but of course it's a minor issue ...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

On 7/1/2021 at 3:23 PM, jrobbins50 said:

Thanks, @Ales Prochazka.  Hmm, well, I have manually put 192.168.0.138 in the setup, which is the IP address of the HQP server. That isn’t working. 

But, it sounds as though I would not be able to make use of the app even if it did function because of your point 2 above. No volume control either?  JCR 

Volume control works. 

29247F54-2835-43FD-9466-74F3C8122F82.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

My issue is ‘duplicate’ albums ... which result from my simply altering the album text titles on my hard drive collection - when I sync to HQP the old text title is retained. Over time this has accumulated!

Both HQP scans & clean scans do not fix this.

Suggestions?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

58 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

My issue is ‘duplicate’ albums ... which result from my simply altering the album text titles on my hard drive collection - when I sync to HQP the old text title is retained. Over time this has accumulated!

Both HQP scans & clean scans do not fix this.

Suggestions?

Sorry, I probably don't quite understand the problem.
Can you be more specific?

On 7/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, Ales Prochazka said:

Sorry, I probably don't quite understand the problem.
Can you be more specific?

6E5877BB-F247-4FA7-8334-ABA14876AC18.thumb.png.e2083557eac95470b1d9f6aaf75f2099.png

eg in Dirs mode, HQP scan of hd - ‘Taste of Honey’ album added with title change, but earlier title remains ...

ie subsequent HQP scans have no effect: there is only ever a single ‘Taste of Honey’ album on the hard drive. Ditto other albums as above.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Yes, I’d initially thought that - as above earlier, no luck with a clean scan.

But will try again ...

9 hours ago, Miska said:

For HQPlayer, if folder name or location is different, it is a new album. To get rid of old, removed entries, clean scan is needed, or you can manually clean up some items on Desktop version.

It is Desktop HQP I’ve got, macmini M1.

/& I’ll definitely try the clean scan again.

38 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

It is Desktop HQP I’ve got, macmini M1.

/& I’ll definitely try the clean scan again.

Note that if you want to remove the already existing items on Desktop you need to click "Remove all" first and then perform a scan or clean scan. Clean scan will just overwrite any local modifications or such, but won't remove missing entries.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

23 hours ago, Miska said:

Note that if you want to remove the already existing items on Desktop you need to click "Remove all" first and then perform a scan or clean scan. Clean scan will just overwrite any local modifications or such, but won't remove missing entries.

Righto then, that’s my mis-step!

@Ales Prochazka

Thanks for the update re Matrix presets 👍

HQPDcontrol shows „[default]“ on start instead of the actually loaded profile but it works as former versions so that‘s fine with me.

I‘m puzzled how the „Playlists“ tab is supposed to work … I can‘t access playlist stored on the computer HQPlayerDesktop is installed on. Do I have to store playlists at a dedicated location (drive/folder) … or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance - and again many thanks for the great app and for the continuous updates! 🙏

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

@Ales Prochazka

Thanks for the update re Matrix presets 👍

HQPDcontrol shows „[default]“ on start instead of the actually loaded profile but it works as former versions so that‘s fine with me.

I‘m puzzled how the „Playlists“ tab is supposed to work … I can‘t access playlist stored on the computer HQPlayerDesktop is installed on. Do I have to store playlists at a dedicated location (drive/folder) … or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance - and again many thanks for the great app and for the continuous updates! 🙏

If you have any "m3u" playlists in your music library, they appear on the "Playlists" page.

20 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

If you have any "m3u" playlists in your music library, they appear on the "Playlists" page.

I‘m an idiot!

Of course I have to scan the folder the playlists reside in (just like with albums) 🙄

All good - thx! 🙂