IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

Some detail of my BG7TBL PCB.  I have swapped two outlets to 75 ohm BNC connectors, leaving one sinewave outlet at 50 ohms.

Top side.

50010483086_138bcbbab2_o.jpg

Underside.  Note the PCB is dated later than my rear panel, 2020-03-13.

50009950948_5db58d5c04_o.jpg

Detail showing ceramic bypass capacitors added.  There is only just enough clearance in the case, it's a tight fit.

50009951308_757e49564f_o.jpg

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

16 minutes ago, MartinT said:

What I hear is a very low noise floor, deep soundstage with micro-detail, huge ambience and note decay (this latter a revelation in my system), natural 'shape' to notes, for instance guitar strings, highly focused vocals and an easy, liquid flow to the music while remaining highly dynamic with impressive attack and slam.  Steely Dan never sounded so good!

@MartinT is this after the conversion of the clock to 75 Ohm? Incidentally the seller from Taobao is willing to change the system to use the Morion Clock and also change the connector to 75 Ohm, etc.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

6 minutes ago, zerung said:

@MartinT is this after the conversion of the clock to 75 Ohm? Incidentally the seller from Taobao is willing to change the system to use the Morion Clock and also change the connector to 75 Ohm, etc.

Yes, I'm getting a little more now but even in stock form it was worth the purchase.

If you can get it supplied in 75 ohm form then go for it as swapping those connectors wasn't easy.

How do you know the Morion clock is better than the DAPU?

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

2 hours ago, zerung said:

Can you provide the contact information for "the seller from Taobao" and how one goes about special ordering "the change to use the Morion Clock and also change the connector to 75 ohm, etc."   Thanks

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

16 hours ago, lwr said:

Can you provide the contact information for "the seller from Taobao" and how one goes about special ordering "the change to use the Morion Clock and also change the connector to 75 ohm, etc."   Thanks

@lwr Here you go. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.13a42e8dfRSJG8&id=574999325376&_u=iq09tfsf69e

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

That's the frequency adjustable model.  Can they not provide 75 ohms in the fixed model, like mine?

You want the least complexity inside that you can go for.

I am assuming he can? 

I needed two with variable output.

He is having trouble sourcing a 75Ohm BNC binding post that will fit his circuit board. 

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

7 hours ago, MartinT said:

That's the frequency adjustable model.  Can they not provide 75 ohms in the fixed model, like mine?

You want the least complexity inside that you can go for.

He can.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:46 PM, MartinT said:

From AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000152539910.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.795e4c4dGTiyce

Mine is the latest BG7TBL variant, dated 2019-12-09 and contains the DAPU OCXO.  No guarantees that others will be the same!

49948588412_d49ede6528_o.jpg

I ordered the same unit. Just received and opened it. The one I have is also 2019-12-09 and includes the same DAPU OCXO inside. I will be using it being connected to Magnafied Singxer SU-1 (sCLK-EX tweaked). I'm eager to get it compared vs the sCLK-EX clocks. 

This sCLK-EX mod provides me an extra DC-out via SU-1 which I will be using to power this clock unit. Modded SU-1 is powered by Farad3 12V.

Too bad I don't have any BNC cables, yet. Ordered bunch of custom low loss cables to try out if they make any difference. Some of the cable specs are at least above Mutec recommended cable standards to use for the REF10 (from the REF10 manual).

P.S. First post, yay. And what would be any better way to start posting than in UpTone forum 🙂

kello.jpg

4 hours ago, Savolax said:

I ordered the same unit. Just received and opened it. The one I have is also 2019-12-09 and includes the same DAPU OCXO inside. I will be using it being connected to Magnafied Singxer SU-1 (sCLK-EX tweaked). I'm eager to get it compared vs the sCLK-EX clocks. 

This sCLK-EX mod provides me an extra DC-out via SU-1 which I will be using to power this clock unit. Modded SU-1 is powered by Farad3 12V.

Try both the sinewave and squarewave outputs into the ER and let me know what you think.  Don't forget to power up the ER after you're changed the switch to external clock.

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

Try both the sinewave and squarewave outputs into the ER and let me know what you think.  Don't forget to power up the ER after you're changed the switch to external clock.

Is that an external filter? I am not sure how to do this? As far as I know this only come with square wave as a standard

3 minutes ago, zerung said:

Is that an external filter? I am not sure how to do this? As far as I know this only come with square wave as a standard

Look at your front panel: from left to right, the BNC outputs are squarewave, sinewave, sinewave.

Mine is two variable, one fixed, all square wave. Which is what I would prefer. But the sine wave sound like a good experiment.

So for me I will need a hardware filter....oh! Well!

3 hours ago, MartinT said:

Actually I don't have ER even though I'm this sub forum. I wanted to post and confirm for your and others' information about the master clock details since it pretty much was your post inspiring me to order it and hence registering as member here 😉. Sorry for confusion.

Let's not take this off-topic too far. Just want to clarify, like I mentioned in my first post I am using modified Singxer SU-1 as USB DDC device and now seems I'm quite committed using USB due to pre order of JCAT USB XE card to use in my PC.

Then again, I am open to hear any experience would ER make any sense when I'm using PC and it's USB out (JCAT USB FEMTO) to play music without ethernet streaming/NAS devices? 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:50 PM, Savolax said:

Then again, I am open to hear any experience would ER make any sense when I'm using PC and it's USB out (JCAT USB FEMTO) to play music without ethernet streaming/NAS devices? 

With my system, the ER and the clock make an alarming upgrade. If I might,  a point of debate, the Jcat Femto is still the bottleneck - you have ordered the XE, that will make a greater complete chain.....I think the synergy of those two will give you want you want.

On 6/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, zerung said:

He is having trouble sourcing a 75Ohm BNC binding post that will fit his circuit board. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-COAXIAL-BULKHEAD-BNC-Coaxial-RECEPTACLE-R-A-75-OHM-SOLDER/293400270378?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

s-l1600.jpg

@MartinT  He has it now and assembling some for me.

For (My) Ref. 

DAPU O55A  (Frequency range 5.00MHz ~ 40.00MHz) Offset Noise at 10Hz -125dBc/Hz, Single Oven
MORION 89A (Frequency range 4.096 MHz ~ 10 MHz)  Offset Noise at 10Hz-155Dbc/Hz,   Double Oven 

On 6/18/2020 at 7:03 AM, zerung said:

Ok, how do I penetrate the Chinese to contact him?  I tried Contact: which doesn't help.  I've registered for a Taobao account.  What did you do to make contact?