IGNORED

Hi-Res - Does it matter? Blind Test by Mark Waldrep

Ajax

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

Chris

I may no longer be able to hear very high frequencies, but I am able to notice the difference with their absence for whatever reason .

Yes, the relaxed filtering of high res material is undoubtedly part of the reason, but then  I shouldn't be able to notice anything in that area either according to current theory.

In the case of these files that FrederickV posted in A.S. originally, and directly challenged me, I hear a lot of distortion in the converted version right from the start ,as well as it sounding a little softer . perhaps due to the lack of these distortion products.

It also sounds more musical and involving to me

If my hearing abilities are as bad as you keep insisting, why would both John Dyson and Barry Diament take any notice of what I report back to them ?

I am still currently assisting John with  his Dolby A correction project, and you may have noticed that John has defended my hearing capabilities on a couple of occasions in your forum recently.

Alex

I only know what you tell us about your hearing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

It's interesting to me that sometimes the argument is "I don't believe you hear that" and sometimes it's "I don't believe you don't hear that"

I'd just like to point out the operative word in both cases is "believe".  😎

Interesting. 

When I talked to Archimago at Axpona he mentioned the possibility that people with certain types of hearing damage may be prone to hearing high resolution files. This was only based on his very very very limited sample, but it’s kind of interesting. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png