IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

Then I definitely consider myself lucky that it works on RPI with all formats. All the way up to DSD 512, and with no hickups or dropouts at all. 

I have to add that it plays well too, really well. I guess the D90 has good noise rejection. It belongs to the story that I power the Pi with Shanti. 

On 2/21/2021 at 7:19 PM, Mark Dirac said:

Yes. I have an Allo USBridge Sig which works very well on wifi. One would not expect to hear any difference in sound quality between ethernet and wifi, and indeed on my set-up, I cannot.

I use moOde. It seem that some or most wifi dongles will not work with my USBridge - it may be the same with Digione and/or other players. Allo sell two wifi dongles which do work. But for some reason I have never been able to find out, Allo disable their cheaper dongle from working. They do not warn you about this, and it is a (week's) faff to undo their disablement. I bought their ComFast dongle elsewhere, at a much lower price, because I was determined as a matter of principle, never to give any money to Allo ever again.

I am having trouble using comfast dual band dongle with my Allo Usb-bridge signature player. I have it configured with Ropieee XL. Can you please help?

I scanned the device but it is not showing up. All the blue light of the comfast dongle is not lighting up 

19 hours ago, Pogballistics said:

I am having trouble using comfast dual band dongle with my Allo Usb-bridge signature player. I have it configured with Ropieee XL. Can you please help?

I scanned the device but it is not showing up. All the blue light of the comfast dongle is not lighting up 

Sorry to hear that Pog. I doubt I can help, since I do not know Ropieee XL. But if we're lucky the following may help:

• I assume that you've got it all working over Ethernet? If not, that's the next step, even if it means a long ethernet cable lying untidy over the floor for a few days.
  • For the sake of your confidence - the ComFast dongle did work extremely well. Right First Time. Without any additional tweaking...
  • ... although of course, on moOde, there are several things which need configuring, such as country, networking mode (although even this is detected automatically in moOde) and ... password. 

I suggest to step back, spend a day or so on ethernet, and then try again checking each step carefully, because there really is no reason why if should not work. A hardware fault is vanishingly unlikely.

If you need more help from us, give us loads and loads more detail about your configuration and what you have already tried.

10 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

• For the sake of your confidence - the ComFast dongle did work extremely well. Right First Time. Without any additional tweaking...
  • ... although of course, on moOde, there are several things which need configuring, such as country, networking mode (although even this is detected automatically in moOde) and ... password. 

So you are saying that the comfast worked extremely well with Moode?

Maybe Ropiee / Ropieee XL do not have the drivers to support this device.

So if it worked on Moode I might try Moode OS as an option. (Altho my preference would be Ropieee as Ropieee OS makes the Allo a Roon certified device. I have asked Allo to support me for this. Let's see how that pans out.)

Can Moode be set as Roon end point tho?

Also, is there any difference in SQ with change in OS?

Your reply is very helpful and has helped my confidence.

3 minutes ago, Pogballistics said:

So you are saying that the comfast worked extremely well with Moode?

Maybe Ropiee / Ropieee XL do not have the drivers to support this device.

So if it worked on Moode I might try Moode OS as an option. (Altho my preference would be Ropieee as Ropieee OS makes the Allo a Roon certified device. I have asked Allo to support me for this. Let's see how that pans out.)

Will I be able to setup Moode as Roon end point tho? Hope that works out too.

Also, is there any difference in SQ with change in OS?

Your reply is very helpful and has helped my confidence.

Yup - that's what I said.

I reckon that Ropieee does not need extra drivers to support this device. I reckon your problem lies elsewhere.

I would focus on Ropieee rather than moOde. Ropieee really ought to work. moOde is a small project in itself.

There is only a change in SQ if there is a bug, or if you have an old or cheap DAC which is not designed as well as it might be. There has been a bug (or feature deficiency) in the Linux kernel for the last year or so, which caused clicks & pops for some people on some DACs, but that seems now to have been fixed. And would have affected Ropieee as well as moOde, I guess. I wouldn't expect anyone to hear any difference between Ropieee and moOde with a half-decent DAC.

(Repeat - I don't know Ropieee!)

43 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

Yup - that's what I said.

I reckon that Ropieee does not need extra drivers to support this device. I reckon your problem lies elsewhere.

I would focus on Ropieee rather than moOde. Ropieee really ought to work. moOde is a small project in itself.

There is only a change in SQ if there is a bug, or if you have an old or cheap DAC which is not designed as well as it might be. There has been a bug (or feature deficiency) in the Linux kernel for the last year or so, which caused clicks & pops for some people on some DACs, but that seems now to have been fixed. And would have affected Ropieee as well as moOde, I guess. I wouldn't expect anyone to hear any difference between Ropieee and moOde with a half-decent DAC.

(Repeat - I don't know Ropieee!)

Thanks, sent you a DM.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am going to buy Allo USBridge Sig with Allo DigiOne Sig (combo in one case), and I would like to know if Moode OS 7.1.0 is fully supported? I would like to download the generic OS image from moodeaudio.org, put it to SD card ... or shoud I download image from allo site? Is there a difference?

I have also noticed a separate power input in the combo case for DigiOne Sig clean side. Which power plug should I use? Is it DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input?

CB7E7E66-D14E-43D3-B4E4-85FA6A20E31A.jpeg

4 hours ago, sojer2005 said:

Hi, I am going to buy Allo USBridge Sig with Allo DigiOne Sig (combo in one case), and I would like to know if Moode OS 7.1.0 is fully supported? I would like to download the generic OS image from moodeaudio.org, put it to SD card ... or shoud I download image from allo site? Is there a difference?

I have also noticed a separate power input in the combo case for DigiOne Sig clean side. Which power plug should I use? Is it DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input?

CB7E7E66-D14E-43D3-B4E4-85FA6A20E31A.jpeg

Yes , you can download moode OS 7.1.0 from moodeaudio.org ,and flash to SD card and use .

Yes ,it t DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input.

There is no difference between Allo's images and those from moOde’s website.

The version offered by Allo seems to be arbitrary.

I found version 7.0.1 to be buggy. I would not be surprised if the next release, which was 7.1.0, also had more bugs than the last version of version 6, which was 6.7.1 and which for me works flawlessly.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KenMoreira said:

I have a allo with diet pi and my Audirvana detects the streamer.  However I  can't get the playback to function.  Play just shows the song goto 1 second. Then stops there. Also dsd is an issue..  I have my sound card set as USB dac In pi. 

Dsd showing only 64 supported in asio and when I click it, it is converting to pcm

DAC is topping D90 

Forwarded PM please check

15 hours ago, seri201 said:

Hi to all.

I would buy an Allo USBridge Signature.

Is compatible with the lateset version of Volumio?

Volumio 2.882.

And is compatible with my DAC Gustard X26 Pro?

Thanks a lot

Yes USBridge signature is compatible with latest volumio version.

And if DAC Gustard X26 Pro DAC is having USB input means ,it will work with  USBridge signature

Hi to all.

Finally my USBridge Signature is arrived. 
I have one problem, the sound, in certain songs, is very poor. The sound has a poor definition.

I use the Allo with the latest Volumio OS. It's connected via USB to my Gustard X26 Pro.

The Allo is powered by a LPS Quartz Acoustics.

Before the Allo, i used Daphile with a mini PC x64 and the sound was great, more then Allo USBridge Signature.

Is there any particular settings?

Thanks a lot

10 minutes ago, seri201 said:

Hi to all.

Finally my USBridge Signature is arrived. 
I have one problem, the sound, in certain songs, is very poor. The sound has a poor definition.

I use the Allo with the latest Volumio OS. It's connected via USB to my Gustard X26 Pro.

The Allo is powered by a LPS Quartz Acoustics.

Before the Allo, i used Daphile with a mini PC x64 and the sound was great, more then Allo USBridge Signature.

Is there any particular settings?

Thanks a lot

Can you please login to volumio through ssh and share below command result and also forwarded PM please check

sudo modinfo ax88179_178a | grep version