IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

Hello Cundis

please note that D90 is not Linux compatible. Its not a question of streamer but a question of software on DAC side.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know.

A good thing that Digione Signature works with all dacs I've tried at least. 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, allo.com said:

D90 is not Linux compatible , it has a patch that may or may not work depending on Linux kernel.

Thank you for your reply. 

I've kind settled into using usb out from Mac Mini as this sounds very good on the D90. I guess the xmos chip contributes to this. 

6 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I'm using topping-D90 non MQA on linux without problems

the MQA version has issues on Linux, not the plain one

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 12/5/2020 at 3:30 AM, pritaudio said:

Does the rme adi 2 dac have a similar problem over usb, because I can’t get it to output audio on picoreplayer squeezelite.

I have a USBridge Sig running ropieee connected to a ADI-2 DAC FS over USB, it works fine for me.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:30 AM, pritaudio said:

Does the rme adi 2 dac have a similar problem over usb, because I can’t get it to output audio on picoreplayer squeezelite.

I use rme adi-2 dac fs (akm 4490) connected to Allo usbridge signature. I use GentooPlayer on both, NUC and Allo, with roon server (nuc) and roon bridge (Allo) on RAM. I put all to dsd 256 without any problem

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

On 10/31/2019 at 10:05 AM, naum said:

Can someone help me.
I have easy question.
If I buy USBSig with eMMC card and Volumio, can I try Moode or DietPi on microSd card? 
Also, is there any instructions on how to change the OS on emmc?
Thank you

On 10/31/2019 at 10:17 AM, nbpf said:

I would expect that one can use any OS that runs on the RPi3 compute module but Allo will understandably offer support only for certain OSs. I use Raspbian in all my RPi systems as I tend to dislike the user interfaces of Volumio, DietPi etc.  

On 10/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, allo.com said:

eMMC should work exacly like a SD card (adaptor SD included)

...however we have found that it works on only 80-90% on all SD card readers writer

The main advantage of eMMC is that we experience by far less corruption etc. (compared with SD)

You can write any OS on SD/eMMC same way (check again the compatibility above)

You guys are puzzling me with this talk of eMMC. I tried to find out if my USBridge Sig has a CM with or without eMMC, but the website does not say. Does it, please?

And, I am starting to wonder if the USBridge is supplied with OSs on the eMMC?  I just assumed the OS was on the SD card that I added to my order (Moode)? Why would naum want to change the OS on his eMMC?  Is the idea that the OS on the SD card gets copied to the eMMC? Because it's faster and more reliable? Isn't OS-on-a-SD card good enough?

Please would someone clarify the situation with eMMC on USBridge Sig. Thx.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, Mark Dirac said:

You guys are puzzling me with this talk of eMMC. I tried to find out if my USBridge Sig has a CM with or without eMMC, but the website does not say. Does it, please?

And, I am starting to wonder if the USBridge is supplied with OSs on the eMMC?  I just assumed the OS was on the SD card that I added to my order (Moode)? Why would naum want to change the OS on his eMMC?  Is the idea that the OS on the SD card gets copied to the eMMC? Because it's faster and more reliable? Isn't OS-on-a-SD card good enough?

Please would someone clarify the situation with eMMC on USBridge Sig. Thx.

You use either an eMMC card attached to a SD card adapter or a SD card.  One or the other. 

• 2 weeks later...

Why is wifi blacklisted?

I would be curious if someone could explain please why Allo's 802.11n 2.4GHz wifi dongle is blacklisted in the version of Moode we download from Allo? After spending some time fault-finding, Allo instruct that there is a trivial solution, which is to comment-out the blacklisting line in a config file. Allo's dongle is the only entry in the blacklisting list! What's behind this?