IGNORED

All Linear Power -- Possible?

11 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Would you require books to be able to love somebody? Do you need papers to be happy? Do you know you are pure bliss without anything written or even spoken? Sorry for possible OT.

we were discussing "describe how the world works"

that is the role of scientific publications

14 hours ago, mansr said:

Most banknotes are still made of paper.

They haven't been made with paper in Australia for many years in order to reduce counterfeiting.

https://banknotes.rba.gov.au/counterfeit-detection/list-of-security-features/

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

18 hours ago, marce said:

Hmmm, yet mankind has used writing and books to record and pass on knowledge for many years, and to be honest the modern world wouldn't exist without books and paper...

Knowing how the world works is a moving target ... books and papers are an archive of where mankind has got to, at any particular moment ...

5 hours ago, fas42 said:

Knowing how the world works is a moving target ... books and papers are an archive of where mankind has got to, at any particular moment ...

This really is a very silly answer Frank, I would think about it first...

Couldn't edit the above want to refine it to this:

Deleted, changed my viewpoint, what is being implied is silly, we still use many reference tomes, many of which are updated. The statement itself is true in the sense that each edition is created at a fixed time.

That archive though is a collection of our knowledge, so provides the foundation  for future research and development. It is how we pass knowledge on.

1 hour ago, marce said:

This really is a very silly answer Frank, I would think about it first...

marce, it's most likely you have misunderstood what I was trying to say ... consider as a trivial example, that through some slight, Moving Doors, type incident that Einstein never went into scientific research - how much would be the world's knowledge, and for that matter the world's history since then, still be identical to that which we know today?