IGNORED

All Linear Power -- Possible?

On 8/6/2019 at 1:38 PM, AnotherSpin said:

I read many things on this forum for many years. Do not remember anything particularly important or interesting from you. Will try to give more attention, but couldn't promise.

Er I would call this personal observation, as have been other posts! level playing field!

7 minutes ago, marce said:

Er I would call this personal observation, as have been other posts! level playing field!

Any sharing of observation is personal... we aren't robots. But there's a big difference between "i don't agree/like what you say" vs " i think you are {pejorative phrase of choice}"

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Any sharing of observation is personal... we aren't robots. But there's a big difference between "i don't agree/like what you say" vs " i think you are {pejorative phrase of choice}"

I have already been reprimanded by the Main man, thank you, you don't need to chime in....

But thank you for your concern...

10 hours ago, marce said:

Its interesting to note the two people having a go at me on this thread have not read my earlier technical based posts very relevant to the thread and discussion.

I cannot understand this sort of attitude from grown men!

As usual, you are making assumptions. Just because you post a technical based report does not necessarily make it definitive.

As I said last night, I was closing down the PC .  I was not prepared to go back and check, then reply.

I have no real disagreement with you in most areas, other than mainly the one with Erin and myself from the DIY Audio days, and more recent comments from people like yourself and Mansr especially about USB cables, and the PSU areas . .

BTW, I am still in touch with Erin and he recently also confirmed the same reports as the members that I mentioned.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 8/7/2019 at 2:40 AM, kumakuma said:

And what's the science behind those "sonic footprints"?

If there is some path for interference to impact the analogue areas then there is a possibility that the audio SQ will be degraded - just thinking that this isn't likely isn't good enough ...

Trivially easy to check for this in the real world - simply introduce a much higher level of electrical noise making into the environment, until you can easily pick the effect; then back off the level and note whether you can still pick an effect, now that you've "learnt" what the signature is ...

On 8/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, marce said:

Another daft response...

You have been part of threads in the past where sites such as the one where Kieth Armstrong hangs out and other places where there is practical information so you don't have to delve into the likes of Henry Ott or Ralph Morrison.

Your last statement so much ignorance...

What I see as daftness is the belief that gear has been built and sold without any attending measurements as to its robustness against interference factors, is by some magical means going to be good enough.

Some use books to indoctrinate themselves about how the world works; others examine how the world works, peruse books to gain insights as to what factors may be relevant; and then explore further when the published knowledge doesn't provide sufficient information, ^_^.

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

As usual, you are making assumptions. Just because you post a technical based report does not necessarily make it definitive.

As I said last night, I was closing down the PC .  I was not prepared to go back and check, then reply.

I have no real disagreement with you in most areas, other than mainly the one with Erin and myself from the DIY Audio days, and more recent comments from people like yourself and Mansr especially about USB cables, and the PSU areas . .

BTW, I am still in touch with Erin and he recently also confirmed the same reports as the members that I mentioned.

Can't even remember, but then I don't carry grudges for so long, a decade or longer now? Will do a search later today on DIYAudio.

56 minutes ago, marce said:

Can't even remember, but then I don't carry grudges for so long, a decade or longer now? Will do a search later today on DIYAudio.

Erin has no problem remembering this.

There was some rather nasty stuff back then and not just from you, who IIRC wasn't nasty, just very dismissive  .

Things like Monks dipping their quills in blood (?) and transcribing the notes by hand.

I got into a bit of strife by referring to one of the more nasty posters as a " Wayne Kerr"

He didn't take too well to that, as it turned out that his surname was Kerr.:$

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, marce said:

Hmmm, yet mankind has used writing and books to record and pass on knowledge for many years, and to be honest the modern world wouldn't exist without books and paper...

Would you require books to be able to love somebody? Do you need papers to be happy? Do you know you are pure bliss without anything written or even spoken? Sorry for possible OT.

4 minutes ago, Daccord said:

Not in Canada or Australia. And I thought even the UK was switching to polymer banknotes.

Quite correct, and some other countries have also switched to plastic. However, euro and US dollar notes are still paper. I suspect those outnumber sterling, AUD, and CAD combined.