IGNORED

The Jazz Groove - major overhaul

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, daverich4 said:

It works in Roon which for me is always a good place to start. 

Tried pasting the URL and it didn't for me. Can you share the URL you used for Roon? Thanks.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, austinpop said:

I read about this in Paul McGowan's blog today. I understand they're struggling, but unless they can supply the premium lossless streaming through Roon via URL, it's a tough sell...

Nice to see Paul mentioning them. If one is all-in with Roon I see your point, of course. For Roon-ies using a Sonore Rendu product the Shairport function works exceptionally well and is a potential work-around (Roon supports AirPort, no?).

Good point. AirPlay does work. 

To be clear, this isn't Roon - you just need to have an Airplay server running on the DAC-connected machine (be it standalone music server, or streamer/endpoint), or the DAC itself in some cases, like dCS.

I tried it with Euphony OS, one of whose modes is Airplay Server. I assume other endpoints have similar support.

I was then able to run Jazz Groove on my laptop running MacOS/Chrome, and "cast" the output to the Airplay Server.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, austinpop said:

I read about this in Paul McGowan's blog today. I understand they're struggling, but unless they can supply the premium lossless streaming through Roon via URL, it's a tough sell...

I emailed them regarding Roon compatibility as a way to expand their market and they said they would add it to their list of improvements they would consider; however, they have bigger concerns, like long-term viability.  They pay IT folks it appears, so there doesn't seem to be a volunteer that could take up the "cause."  I'm still using the link from a year ago (or so) within Roon internet radio.  Not sure how long that will work.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, cambridgehank said:

I was able to add JazzGrove to my Sonos system as a steaming service.  Nice smooth jazz for the evening.

"Smooth Jazz" is one of our radio stations - we have five jazz stations - our most popular feature Laid-Back Jazz (artists like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Oscar Peterson, Chet Baker, Brad Mehldau & hundreds of others - 10,000+ recordings - no "algorithms." Each hour of music is hand-selected, meticulously curated and artfully blended. We're now in a Fund Drive which is silenced for Premium Plus members.  You can listen for free & donate for more. Thanks for your kind words, Hank!  New website! JazzGroove.org

Audio testimonials from some of our supporters here: