IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

29 minutes ago, Helmut said:

You have to go to the system expert settings. Scroll down to Update channel and even if there is stable in the window save this setting. Now you can update🙋‍♂️

Perfect. Still seeing same "get cover" issue with 0720. And not certain that album cover feature is working, couldn't get it to find any covers while playing with search function

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

After a few days with V4 of Euphony, I feel like a beta tester and that there are still issues with usability that need to be worked out.

I feel the same. I bought the license, upgraded from V3 through repair function. My license is shown in system info and at the bottom of Stylus window. But music stops from time to time and an error message says I should register the product.

Mimics my findings as well.

After upgrading I was able to finalise the installation on my Femto M.2 drive and the result is pure bliss. Micro detail retrieval, superb sound stage and well defined deep bass notes. No harshness to be spotted anywhere ( e.g muted trumpets … )

Not regretting anymore I won’t be able to revert to V3. Enjoy your music y’all.

I feel like a very early beta tester. I've been trying to get this to work for multiple days and their tech support all blame and no help. It will not boot to anything other than the flash drive. They tell me it is on the hard drive but it will not boot from it. Repair does not work but then nothing else is either, except the bugs! I would not advise buying this for a while.

@flkin

I got V4 installed. 
sorry to be such a crybaby. 
I reformatted the USB drive and I used Etcher to burn the image. I do not know if that was the issue at all?

I bought a video card.

once I got into the BIOS I saw that it was set to boot from the Optane M.2 card. 
I entered the voucher code and verified my email address.

I almost hit complete registration when I realized that I had booted off the USB drive, so I pulled it and restarted.

it booted fine from the M.2 card. 
now I am not sure where to find the “ complete registration“?

It already gave me the 30 minute warning.

When I go into the registration section, it looks like it wants me to start over.

It sounds good!!

I have a Pinkfaun Ultra OCXO clock on the motherboard And the PF ultra OCXO Clock on the I2S card.  You know what I’m talking about😉😉

I look forward to hearing it tomorrow when everything is warmed back up. 

thank you so much for your help and everybody else. 

2 hours ago, fantasia said:

Hello Euphony Fans

Does a 16GB SSD have enough capacity to install euphony V4 including future updates?

Many thanks

48 minutes ago, genvirt said:

It should be enough - according Euphony site - min. 16GB

I tried with a 16GB optane M10 m.2, only 14 available, unfortunately it doesn't work

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

On m.2 intel optane M10 16gb don't work. I tried several times. 

After boot (only legacy, uefi don't boot at all ) euphony screen appear but process doesn't go. I also tried to format low level and different software (rufus, etcher etc) 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

I am in the last day of my trial and this afternoon I updated to Roon 1.8 build 1021. After that I couldn't connect to Roon core anymore. I restarted everything several times. I updated Euphony Stylus app. Roon app was up to date. Still no connection. When I went back to version 3 of Euphony there was no problem to go to Roon (not updated yet to build 1021). Went back to V4 again but remote can't connect to core. My remote is an Apple Ipad. I sent Zeljko a ticket.

Anybody with the same experience?

9 hours ago, flkin said:

Ok, for the system to update to the latest v4.20220722 you have to go to expert settings, update channel and press the save button. It’s to solve a bug that stops the update process. Amongst other things this latest version is supposed to help with registration issues. 

Good morning

last night my friend had an extra ticket to see Lyle Lovett at our local, Count Basie theater, in red Bank New Jersey. What a fabulous band. And the Count Basie theater has such great acoustics. It is always fun to train my ear to hear what the whole venue should sound like.

I tried your suggestion when I got home last evening.

The dialog box for, update channel, said stable, I pushed the save button.

this morning I am still getting the orange screen asking me to register. I tried putting my name, email address and voucher code in again, but it said the code was not valid.

am I missing something?

I put a ticket in yesterday morning but I have not heard from Zeljko yet. 
I have a friend coming over to help me install a new front door and I wanted him to be able to hear how nice the system sounds and have music playing in the background. Unfortunately that is not going to work very well if the music keeps stopping. 

After pressing the save button, what’s supposed to happen is that shortly after Euphony offers you to update to the latest 0722 version. Perhaps this only occurs in the registered version. I can’t remember if the Check For Update feature works before registration is complete, seems that it’s needed.

In this case, looks like you’ll have to wait for Željko’s help to arrive. Registration in 0708 is buggy. Same thing happened to me, took a few remote sessions to get it working.

22 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

Good morning

last night my friend had an extra ticket to see Lyle Lovett at our local, Count Basie theater, in red Bank New Jersey. What a fabulous band. And the Count Basie theater has such great acoustics. It is always fun to train my ear to hear what the whole venue should sound like.

I tried your suggestion when I got home last evening.

The dialog box for, update channel, said stable, I pushed the save button.

this morning I am still getting the orange screen asking me to register. I tried putting my name, email address and voucher code in again, but it said the code was not valid.

am I missing something?

I put a ticket in yesterday morning but I have not heard from Zeljko yet. 
I have a friend coming over to help me install a new front door and I wanted him to be able to hear how nice the system sounds and have music playing in the background. Unfortunately that is not going to work very well if the music keeps stopping. 

Your putting on the voucher code. It’s registration code that needs entered. You should have got an email like this. Click on it & it will show you registration number. 

Presume you’ve completed installation to drive? 

CD3B0509-CD04-47D2-9B28-D31B10070A9E.png

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone here whose exchanges convinced me that Euphony was worth trying on.

I got on the v4 train when it got out officially after a short compatibility test with the beta and it's been relatively fuss free using stylus for streaming and local files, with a lot of detail without harshness (but maybe a bit too lean forme when in ramroot)

I still have to test convolution with mono files (using a stereo file per channel apparently doesn't work very well (one channel doesn't play)) and decide on whether I want to continue using ramroot or not but I am currently considering trying to install euphony on the hard drive and am really wondering whether there would be a way for me to keep a windows running along euphony.

Has anyone had success booting from a USB to redirect to the euphony bootloader (I think it's grub but haven't paid attention) ? The idea would be to be able to use a USB to boot and chose between euphony or a windows server on vhd.

And as a secondary question, if I create a 5th partition on my harddrive to host some windows server virtual disks, do you have any idea whether there's a risk for the partition to be overwritten at the next euphony upgrade?

I'll eventually test it but any input will be welcome as there's no sense for me to try if it's certain to fail :)

3 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Your putting on the voucher code. It’s registration code that needs entered. You should have got an email like this. Click on it & it will show you registration number. 

Presume you’ve completed installation to drive? 

CD3B0509-CD04-47D2-9B28-D31B10070A9E.png

Thank you for the information.

it looks like I have not received a registration code yet.

after I verified my email I received this page. And that is it so far.

Where is the update button, please?
I have been looking for the update button, but I cannot find it. But I am not in trial and I am not registered, so maybe it does not show up?

831D38AF-9D9C-4E42-92FC-FCAB23FE0F3E.png