IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

12 hours ago, bos3812 said:

The most weird experience I had today. This afternoon the system didn't sound good. It could be harsh sounding and pushy and I liked V3 more because it was smoother and much friendlier to the ears when I compared them again. This evening, after a restart, I listened again and to my surprise it sounded better than it ever did. It was GREAT!!!, really great. Not harsh anymore or pushy, just right, like I wished it for years. I know now that V4 can sound very, very good but the difference with this afternoon was inexplicable. My question to you all: has someone had the same experience with this difference in quality and is it explainable in some way?

Same experience. Sound quality changes for the better after waiting for a bit after initial installation. Absolutely no idea why!

@bos3812The sound was much more open, full, direct and acurate; much more a live experience.

I have the same experience. Sound quality is much much better than V3.

loss of connection

Have you found any solution? I have problem after stop listening (see attachment) one core goes to 100 %. I have to restart app (not reboot) and after that between 2-20 minutes goes offline. Sometimes helps not to turn off DAC. If I don't do that, temperature is still about 50-60 degrees.

Snímek obrazovky 2022-06-30 v 9.55.11.png

2 hours ago, PavelDosko said:

with the same SW settings, I would look elsewhere for the cause of the sound change - do you have a well-treated electrical network and a server-DAC clock?

My stereo has it's own group and everything is connected to the PS Audio Perfect Wave P10 powerplant. I also use an Uptone Etherregen and a Sonore optical module on my internet connection. I further use the Holo audio 3 dac and Audio-GD DI20 DDC with an external Morion clock on the DDC and Etherregen, so it should be oké. However it's always possible there is an issue somewhere.

I had that day an issue after I switched from kernel while the system was in ramroot. Zeljko told me it's better not to do that and first disable ramroot before switching. Maybe this influenced the sound. It's a guess from my side.

Thanks for your reaction.

10 minutes ago, bos3812 said:

My stereo has it's own group and everything is connected to the PS Audio Perfect Wave P10 powerplant. I also use an Uptone Etherregen and a Sonore optical module on my internet connection. I further use the Holo audio 3 dac and Audio-GD DI20 DDC with an external Morion clock on the DDC and Etherregen, so it should be oké. However it's always possible there is an issue somewhere.

I had that day an issue after I switched from kernel while the system was in ramroot. Zeljko told me it's better not to do that and first disable ramroot before switching. Maybe this influenced the sound. It's a guess from my side.

Thanks for your reaction.

Zeljko wrote me an answer in ticket to change USB stick. His college had the same problem, changed it and it helped. Especially for this testing I have bought Sandisk 32 flashdrive, but probably there is a problem. I'll give a try and write an answer, if it has helped.

5 hours ago, novtom said:

@bos3812The sound was much more open, full, direct and acurate; much more a live experience.

I have the same experience. Sound quality is much much better than V3.

loss of connection

Have you found any solution? I have problem after stop listening (see attachment) one core goes to 100 %. I have to restart app (not reboot) and after that between 2-20 minutes goes offline. Sometimes helps not to turn off DAC. If I don't do that, temperature is still about 50-60 degrees.

Snímek obrazovky 2022-06-30 v 9.55.11.png

Have you typed a period into the CPU isolation variable input to see what is using CPU 5? My guess is its your

ethernet port. Doubt its software unless you specifically isolated something to 5, default tends to use all CPU's

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

51 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Have you typed a period into the CPU isolation variable input to see what is using CPU 5? My guess is its your

ethernet port. Doubt its software unless you specifically isolated something to 5, default tends to use all CPU's

My skills are not so high to make something with CPU isolation. I have changed USB flash disk and it seems helped to 0 % CPU after stop playing, as Zeljko reported. But offline going still persists

47 minutes ago, novtom said:

My skills are not so high to make something with CPU isolation. I have changed USB flash disk and it seems helped to 0 % CPU after stop playing, as Zeljko reported. But offline going still persists

If you run CPU usage up to 100%, a machine will misbehave. You might try this setting in CPU isolation to get everything off 5 that you can (i'm assuming 5 is HW that you can't

change)

6-7 stylus 0-4

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

56 minutes ago, davide256 said:

If you run CPU usage up to 100%, a machine will misbehave. You might try this setting in CPU isolation to get everything off 5 that you can (i'm assuming 5 is HW that you can't

change)

6-7 stylus 0-4

Thanks for formula to isolation, but still nothing. After I turn off DAC, then CPU 5 goes to 100 %. Tested on both USB flash discs in various USB (3.0 vs 3.1), still do the same

4 hours ago, novtom said:

Thanks to Zeljko all my settings are back to normal again. Losing internet connection persists a few times each hour, something I never had with V3. I also lose my audio output now and then which makes the music stop. It comes back after a while. I checked my usb cable several times but the fysical connection seemes oké. When I play V3 this doesn't occur. 

I hope these gremlins disappear when I can write the official release to my SSD. It's possible that playing Euphony from an USB stick can be the cause of these problems. We will see. Going back to V3 is no option for me. I assume that all bugs will be solved and sound quality of V4 will be better and better as time moves on. My wishes: more bass and a little bit smoother.

7 hours ago, bos3812 said:

I hope these gremlins disappear when I can write the official release to my SSD. It's possible that playing Euphony from an USB stick can be the cause of these problems. We will see. Going back to V3 is no option for me. I assume that all bugs will be solved and sound quality of V4 will be better and better as time moves on. My wishes: more bass and a little bit smoother.

The same thing is happening to me too, every now and then the dac disconnects, which initially did not happen.

Question to those running Euphony on a NUC. How is your experience compared to a more classic PC? Have you changed the case? Also, are you feeding it 12v or 19v and have you seen a difference in SQ. 

I am interested in reducing my rack space (essentially removing one of my two racks) and considering retiring my full-blown case audio PC in favour of a NUC (starting with a server and end point in one box and maybe moving to two boxes in the future). 

On 7/2/2022 at 9:51 AM, al2813 said:

Question to those running Euphony on a NUC. How is your experience compared to a more classic PC? Have you changed the case? Also, are you feeding it 12v or 19v and have you seen a difference in SQ. 

I am interested in reducing my rack space (essentially removing one of my two racks) and considering retiring my full-blown case audio PC in favour of a NUC (starting with a server and end point in one box and maybe moving to two boxes in the future). 

Euphony on my stock 7i7DN NUC sounded considerably better than my previous JRiver or Roon on my Windows laptop. And got better still once I tweaked the NUC with better power supply, Apacer memory and Euphony configurations, as per my old posts.

This was with server and end point both in the small and cute Porcoolpine fanless box and using the NUC's built-in WiFi for networking. Whilst some have gone for ever more powerful and complex solutions, the 7i7DN is great for a simple, low-powered, downsized solution.

I did try different voltages, but found that the fundamental quality of the power supply was much more important that its voltage setting.

A while back, I further downsized my system by going for a much more expensive dedicated server (Grimm MU1). I have so far kept my NUC as a spare, but haven't used it for a year, so it's going to go up for sale. PM me if anyone is interested - I haven't got round to putting it up in Classified yet.

Others have reported that their trials were extended by 10 days. My trials were extended only by 8 days on my 1st PC and a bit later by 5 days on my 2nd PC, basically until end of this week. This could be a very misleading sign that the final release date is approaching - perhaps by end of this week / early next week?

17 hours ago, PavelDosko said:

The deadline for the end of June did not come out .. is there another deadline for the final version of V4?

where did you read about a deadline of the end of June? Not sure this was ever disclosed… as with all product launches… if they find bugs and want to postpone the launch to fix bugs and get a better user experience I’m all for that. Kudos to the development team so far. Having a blast with the improved sound quality.