IGNORED

Sonore opticalModule v0.95 - discontinued

Did you notice the "approximate" sign and the words pre-production? Both of those mean something....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

20 minutes ago, MikeJazz said:

Another question. Will it make any difference to upgrade the power supply?

From what ?

http://www.sonore.us/opticalModule.html does not ship with a PS. 

Here is a selection to choose among. (Taken from another product Sonore sell). 

RECOMMENDED POWER SUPPLIES

• CIAudio linear power supply - 7VDC
  • Teddy Pardo linear power supply - 7VDC
  • HD-Plex Linear power supply - adjust to 7VDC
  • Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 power supply - set to 7VDC
  • Uptone Audio JS-2 linear power supply - set to 7VDC
  • Vinnie Rossi LIO with microRendu/ultraRendu output stage
  • Sbooster - 6VDC
  • Small Green Computer linear power supply - 7VDC

You could ask John S. why there is expected no difference between any PS connected. If that’s the case.

Uptone Meanwell maybe a good $15 PS as well. 

Or or maybe just a Y split from your existing PS 😀

3 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Here is what I find disappointing. Companies or their fan boys telling members they need to buy two switches in series, costing 800 to 1700 each, to get good sound. Another good one is an intel mother board in a case with a power supply costing 6000. Where are the disappointed people when you really need them. 

Anyway, the cost of the opticalModule is 249 and that includes a transceiver and world wide shipping. If that price disappoints you...you can always consider off the shelf gear we have certified systemOptique compatible.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55863-sonore-systemoptique/

Thanks Jesus,

It is the fan boys i appear to be having trouble with at the moment....

I am on the verge of purchasing the recommended systemoptique compatible gear just to 'dip my toes in the water'.

I will need two switches initially in order to feed my UltraRendu (not disappointed with that at all).

I had not realised that a transceiver was included which of course helps a lot.....

Sorry to have inadvertently polluted this thread - i will not respond to the pedants anymore.

Sorry mates, one more question.

If what I am after is to introduce the benefits of optical isolation between my very standard switch and my linn ds (ethernet input streamer, spdif output to dac) how can I apply the sonore optical module to do that ? Will I need one extra device?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, MikeJazz said:

If what I am after is to introduce the benefits of optical isolation between my very standard switch and my linn ds (ethernet input streamer, spdif output to dac) how can I apply the sonore optical module to do that ? Will I need one extra device?

Thanks

AFAIK, you'll need two optical modules or one optical module + the optical starter kit (ethernet switch with optical output and accessories)

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, Frojo said:

Thanks Jesus,

It is the fan boys i appear to be having trouble with at the moment....

I am on the verge of purchasing the recommended systemoptique compatible gear just to 'dip my toes in the water'.

I will need two switches initially in order to feed my UltraRendu (not disappointed with that at all).

I had not realised that a transceiver was included which of course helps a lot.....

Sorry to have inadvertently polluted this thread - i will not respond to the pedants anymore.

LOL...they mean well. We have a lot of "pretend influences" here on CA and sometimes we need a helping hand keeping things under control. Kidding aside it was not an easy decision to make. 

15 hours ago, alexreusch said:

The external power supply of the opticalRendu is a very critical part. How do you rate the importance of the external power supply for the opticalModule? Same or less important as for the opticalRendu? Why?

Personally, I would power it with a decent power supply. I'm currently powering my switch with an inexpensive Jemeco linear power supply and it works great. That is also what I would use with an opticalModule. We are tying to find an equivalent to the Jemeco linear power supply in 220 VAC to recommend or sell along with the unit. We are also going to offer and recommend the SGC linear power supply which is available in both 110 VAC and 220 VAC.    

1 hour ago, MikeJazz said:

This will be (finally) my first Sonore product. I would prefer to source from a European online retailer. Will it be sell in this conditions in europe?

Another question. Will it make any difference to upgrade the power supply?

Maybe. I'll leave that up to you guys:) 

1 hour ago, MikeJazz said:

Thanks

For that price for the suggested parts, (at least the dual OM’s), you may investigate another product made by the same designer in order to achieve what you’re after 😀

3 hours ago, Frojo said:

?

note the "~" which means "about" or "approximately"

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

For the DIY or OEM component, would this be like a PCIe expansion card? Say, like the JCAT Network Femto Card, but optical and made by Sonore?

I'm trying to understand how it could become "internal" and what I'd need inside my PC/mobo to use it.

4 hours ago, Ben-M said:

For the DIY or OEM component, would this be like a PCIe expansion card? Say, like the JCAT Network Femto Card, but optical and made by Sonore?

I'm trying to understand how it could become "internal" and what I'd need inside my PC/mobo to use it.

I’m not a liberty to discuss the details of the design at this time, But I can tell you that we are looking at more than one option, but I can tell you that we are looking at more than one option.

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I’m not a liberty to discuss the details of the design at this time, But I can tell you that we are looking at more than one option.

10-4.

And what about any tentative release date? If it's any different than the standalone version.