IGNORED

HQPlayer Pro

On 1/24/2019 at 10:06 PM, lucretius said:

@Miska

I downloaded version 4.0.0beta2 and now I get this meter when I open the program.

meter.thumb.jpg.e8b1545ee705d8360e714f8497dff06e.jpg

However, when I click on settings, it disappears. There does not seem to be any way to bring it back.

It seems this behavior only happens in borderless window mode.  In a regular window, the meter re-appears after settings is closed.

mQa is dead!

4 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I have this problem what can it be?

image.thumb.png.a831b5f754ca4b6cdf799a81ed0b19c4.png

segmentation error

before it worked, then he started giving this error

Hard to say.. You could try renaming ~/.hqplayer directory and see if it starts working again?

Has there been any OS updates around the time this started happening? You seem to be using Gentoo, and it is not at all guaranteed that the hqplayer4pro build works on anything else than Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 3:45 AM, Miska said:

It depends what you want. You can have live monitoring output or without. You can have live monitoring switched on/off on the fly during conversion. Or you can choose not to have live monitoring possibility which also opens up also those output formats your DAC doesn't support.

How do I configure so that I can offline convert PCM into DSD without having to rely on the DAC ? 

How do I get it registered to use for longer than 30 minutes , please ?

thanks 

10 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

How do I configure so that I can offline convert PCM into DSD without having to rely on the DAC ? 

I've tried to explain it in the manual. But essentially when you select the Null Output mode ("PCM N/O" or "SDM N/O") and then it is completely unrelated to the DAC. With DAC you can still convert faster by using the free running mode check box - this can be switched on/off at any time during the process.

13 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

How do I get it registered to use for longer than 30 minutes , please ?

I've given out few beta test keys. But other than that, wait for the non-beta, it should happen within Q1...

On 1/24/2019 at 2:27 AM, kelvinwsy said:

So if NO monitoring mode, I can let the PC run overnight slowly and upsample Polysinc xtr NON 2s to DSD512, save the output using Pro 4 and then next day ENJOY the DSD512 direct SDM playback.

WOW. Saves me the 1600USD I was planning to spend on adding a NVIDIA RTX 2080TI to my system.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:32 AM, Miska said:

Well, that RTX is still cheaper... ;)

@Miska, yikes. Does this mean that HQPlayer Pro will cost more than 1600USD?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 2:43 AM, edwardsean said:

@Miska, yikes. Does this mean that HQPlayer Pro will cost more than 1600USD?

It sure does :( as it costs 3,111.50 EUR.

It is not for us but for professionals who can absorb the cost of it and can invoice use of it. 

A temporary license or a kind of subscription would be good idea for us.... Or someone who owns a legal copy of it can try to convert files as a business using the new software and invoice the conversion... I do not know, just thinking loud. The questions is if it is legal to convert a copy of a legally owned music for the legal owner by someone else? I dunno...

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

@Miska In another thread you mentioned that HQPlayer Pro can be used to record. How do you manage the recording from within HQPlayer Pro (obviously with a suitable input card)? 

In the source URI drop list you have list of pre-built input URIs, but you can also write your own. And you set output to a file you want.  Then you press "Play" to start processing.

You can also "record" from CD, but this is maybe more like file conversion. Effectively you just rip a CD to bunch of output tracks in chosen format.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered yesterday that if I take a 512x48 file produced with HQPPro and play it with HQPlayer desktop, it will only play with "DirectSDM" enabled. I tried turning off all DSP in HQPlayer Desktop, including setting volume to 0db. There is no up-sampling to do, because the files are already at the max set in HQPlayer Desktop's settings.

Shouldn't HQPlayer Desktop be handling these the same whether "DirectSDM" is enabled or disabled?

It means I need to switch settings to a config file that has DirectSDM enabled, whereas I would prefer to use the same config as I use for regular DSD files. I want the regular DSD files to be up-sampled by HQPlayer Desktop to 512.

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

3 hours ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Shouldn't HQPlayer Desktop be handling these the same whether "DirectSDM" is enabled or disabled?

It means I need to switch settings to a config file that has DirectSDM enabled, whereas I would prefer to use the same config as I use for regular DSD files. I want the regular DSD files to be up-sampled by HQPlayer Desktop to 512.

No, with DirectSDM disabled the data goes through the DSP pipeline, similar way like always happens for PCM (for which there is no direct setting). So you have volume control and everything else active.

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 4:23 AM, Miska said:

At least my RTX2080 + 7700K can do 44.1k to 44.1k x512, 48k to 48k x512 and 48k to 44.1k x512. So the usually needed cases.

With HQP non-pro, I'm happy to report my old i7 6700 with RTX 2080 has no problem up sampling to any of your wonderful DSD 512 formats.

3 minutes ago, MhtLion said:

Does it sound better to play a converted/up-sampled DSD file using HQP Pro vs doing on-demand up-sampling through HQP desktop to feed a DAC?  I only skimmed through this tread, so I apology if this has been already answered. 

Both perform the same mathematical operations. Main difference is with output (audio device vs file) and some additional features.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:07 AM, kelvinwsy said:

Saving 4-5 gb files of 1 album of DSD256 or even higher for DSD512 is no fun besides the work you do to generate the file.

I think I will bite the bullet and buy the RTX2080TI when it drops to say 1300uSD. I will skip the 2080 .. WHy NOT😂

Jussi - do you think the RTX 2080TI Overclocked GPU with a 6700k can do DSD512 xtr  for 44.1k material  or direct to DSD512 on 48k material

Your Software is just GREAT STUFF

Testing it on WINSERVER 2019 with Audiophile Optimizer AO3.0 Beta as a beta tester right now.

My 6700 non-k and 2080 non-ti have all the horsepower needed for DSD512.  But, I actually regret not getting 2080 TI..    

It was fortunate that I held back my purchase of the 2080ti .. Reliability issues with the card(Samsung memory chips instead of Micron?) seem to better but card failures scare me still!!

Now the latest fav is the EC modulators which the 6700k cannot run.. 

So I am going for a 9900k with a 2080 super!

Waiting for the Sales season😴

HQPlayer 4 is noticeably more transparent .. If u press me I would say 5% The highs shimmer nicely.. 

On 8/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, kelvinwsy said:

It was fortunate that I held back my purchase of the 2080ti .. Reliability issues with the card(Samsung memory chips instead of Micron?) seem to better but card failures scare me still!!

Now the latest fav is the EC modulators which the 6700k cannot run.. 

So I am going for a 9900k with a 2080 super!

Waiting for the Sales season😴

HQPlayer 4 is noticeably more transparent .. If u press me I would say 5% The highs shimmer nicely.. 

Great to hear HQP4 is more transparent.

I hate to ask a question as I feel I'm one of the few who doesn't know the answer.

But here goes.

I've converted some redbook files to both DSD128 and DSD256 but nothing I've converted plays in JRiver, VLC, AudioGate or Roon.

I've included screen shots of my settings.

I'm sure i'm missing something obvious. I'll appreciate finding out what that obvious thing is.

Also, how would I properly set the right volume level for these conversions?

Thanks.

Joel

HQPlayer Pro 4 - Screen Shot.JPG

HQPlayer Pro 4 - Settings - Screen shot.JPG