IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

Jesus,

I sent to your email (not the one in this thread) the preliminary reply from Chord regarding Chord DAC's. It might be also helpfull to share it with  Jussi and Andrew. Best

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

For new units being sold SGC is buying the licenses and pre-installing them on new sonicTransporters. SGC is currently doing this if requested and at an increased price for the unit.

Yes, the increased price if the unit was sold with the license included is what I was thinking.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 hours ago, soares said:

As your Mojo with the NAS upgrade started to work, perhaps my Qutest will follow his little brother behaviour.

That's what I was hoping for and reason I posted about this. But it means that both are really picky to the source. I would really prefer to have this sorted out with Chord, but sometimes it needs some push from customers to get things initiated.

I would be interested to hear the results if someone can try this out.

Of course I would first need to sell my DAC and buy a new one, unless a miracle happens...

That is always plan B...

Roon upsamples to 768PCM and 256DSD without any white noise.

Do you have both Roon and HQPlayer running on the same sonicTransporter? It could be that Roon alone is lighter load than Roon + HQPlayer together making slight difference in USB noise or whatever. Please also check that the Roon DSP engine is disabled for the HQPlayer output (switch in the left corner of DSP dialog). But you can anyway see things also from the signal path display of Roon...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

How about convert option 2 into a option 1 ? ?

Possible ?

Possibly maybe, but that would need co-operation between @agillis and me and would probably cost something (bunch of manual extra work at both sides needed).

If Andrew wants, he could also sell "type 1" licenses for the pre-existing units. He is official reseller so he has  both options at his disposal.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Do you have both Roon and HQPlayer running on the same sonicTransporter? It could be that Roon alone is lighter load than Roon + HQPlayer together making slight difference in USB noise or whatever. Please also check that the Roon DSP engine is disabled for the HQPlayer output (switch in the left corner of DSP dialog). But you can anyway see things also from the signal path display of Roon...

Early on Roon was having issues with some of these devices. They were able to get samples and put hacks in place to improve compatibility. However, this is the wrong approach long term because its a DAC related issue and you can't expect very player to be willing or able to put hacks in their software for misbehaving devices. Also my recollection is there are no firmware updates available or possible in the filed. If this is correct you can't expect much compatibility going forward from a device which can't be updated.   

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Where are you seeing the price for HQPlayer on SGC website?  I was not able to locate it.

Well, you have to do a bit mathematics yourself ?

And if you own a SonicTransporter, and want a HQPlayer license, I suggest you email Andrew. You won’t regret ?

12 hours ago, Miska said:

That's what I was hoping for and reason I posted about this. But it means that both are really picky to the source. I would really prefer to have this sorted out with Chord, but sometimes it needs some push from customers to get things initiated.

I would be interested to hear the results if someone can try this out.

That is always plan B...

I'll report on my findings this weekend and yes Roon is also running on the same STi5.

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

54 minutes ago, rpzcap4 said:

Hey guys , familiar with SMG , what is a HQ Player??...O.o

The best upsampling software in the world?! ?

Well it does more, but I leave it to Jussi (Miska) to explain.

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

People may notice that the HQPlayer isn’t to bad priced if look at SMG site ?

Jesus, are you a reseller as well, or will become ?

Nope. I sold music servers based on Vortexbox, but I deal with the endpoints now. I'm involved in the software on both ends though. 

12 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

I’m seriously thinking of buying one of these but am getting different reports on the i7 ability to play  non 2s filters from here and the Roon forum. Can the i7 play  poly-sinc and  poly-sinc-xtr?

.sjb

I can confirm that with the last upgrade of HQPlayer NAA on Ultrarendu now is possible to play non 2s filter too with ST i7. The only thing is that you need a dedicated network for uRendu, ST i7 and the NAS. This network is only to share with an iPad or any tablet for Roon remote.

In order to upsample to DSD 512 you have to wait 2-3 minutes for Roon to complete your music library scanning and then you can upsample to DSD 512 without any problem even with single phase poly filters. I have been listening for more than 3 hours big tracks of classical music 16/44 native upsampled to DSD 512 with  

poly-sinc-xtr-mp and AMSDM7 512+fs and never a single pop!

I have noted that the only disturbs or pops during the reproduction are if you search something with Roon especially on Tidal or if you change some settings while music is playing. Other disturbs are in the case of other computer or smartphone sharing the same network that are downloading or doing frequent acces to the network. For this I suggest to dedicate your entire network to this system. In this case you can do everything with HQPlayer without problems.

7 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@Lotus67

This may be a pure network issue. 

Have you cheched the cpu load on the SonicTransporter?

ScreenShot272.thumb.jpg.992066fd37744e43df63be067bb925e3.jpg l

CPU load is ok. Surely is a network issue because I use an OCXO router by Paul Pang with external clock. I use it only for streaming music purpose attached only to uRendu , ST and NAS. The weakness is in the model of router used: a DLINK dual band. I have also an Asus router of the last generation that for network performance is clearly better and if I use it there are no problem even with other equipment on the same network. But sound is not the same. The external clock of the OCXO router does a great job. I have only to use it for this purpose and it is ok.

53 minutes ago, Lotus67 said:

I have been listening for more than 3 hours big tracks of classical music 16/44 native upsampled to DSD 512 with  

poly-sinc-xtr-mp and AMSDM7 512+fs and never a single pop!

Congratulations! The latest Rendu NAA update is fantastic.

Which DAC are you using?

And is your Rendu connected directly to the DAC or do you have something in between (like some people use a USB converter).

And could you share a screenshot of your Roon signal path when playing DSD512 and your HQP config page?

Much appreciated ?

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Congratulations! The latest Rendu NAA update is fantastic.

Which DAC are you using?

And is your Rendu connected directly to the DAC or do you have something in between (like some people use a USB converter).

And could you share a screenshot of your Roon signal path when playing DSD512 and your HQP config page?

Much appreciated ?

Yes really fantastic! I am using an Holo Audio Spring Dac lev 3 in NOS mode. My uRendu is connected to a Singxer SU-1 in usb using an ISO Regen with hard adapter and this to dac via I2S.

Here the Roon screenshot playing a 16/44 upsampled to DSD 512

roon.thumb.png.3cad5e04c7fcf12eea269ffd053e1bf6.png

Here HQPlayer settings

HQP.thumb.png.7d2dbcb249e931e921a698ea9ed6a33a.png

5 minutes ago, Lotus67 said:

Yes really fantastic! I am using an Holo Audio Spring Dac lev 3 in NOS mode. My uRendu is connected to a Singxer SU-1 in usb using an ISO Regen with hard adapter and this to dac via I2S.

Here the Roon screenshot playing a 16/44 upsampled to DSD 512

roon.thumb.png.493a70605715cc555142edd3be2b87ca.png

Here HQPlayer settings

HQP.thumb.png.7d2dbcb249e931e921a698ea9ed6a33a.png

roon.png

Thank you!