IGNORED

New John Kenny Power Supply....

49 minutes ago, plissken said:

I'll await Amir's response. 

So surprising.

In other words UpTone's own response is no good in your book, and you'll just have to wait and see what Amir says, because after all he is the only "expert" in these matters and of course thats the final word and Amir is always 100% right?

Absurd, and Amir's response can be easily predicted.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

I just posted the first of the proof over in the ASR thread.  Go there.

I just read your detailed explanation in ASR forum and it makes a lot of sense. Not being careful with SPSU radiations and DC cables is very common.

I am going to put an example that seems to be outside thread but that is very explanatory. I have been in Bonsai for 18 years, with more time now that I am partially retired. A Bonsai is judged with the eye / brain system, there is no other way. The effort and time to create it only the master knows and there is much science (and patience) behind it. Should we then judge the ISO Regen by the measurements obtained by something other than our ear / brain system?

Roch

24 minutes ago, Siltech817 said:

So surprising.

In other words UpTone's own response is no good in your book, and you'll just have to wait and see what Amir says, because after all he is the only "expert" in these matters and of course thats the final word and Amir is always 100% right?

Absurd, and Amir's response can be easily predicted.

Not at all. Amir's benching was the only thing I had to go on. Alex has been promising measurements and theory for years.

Given that there shouldn't be any doubt as to whom gets the benefit of. 

11 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Looks like a good response, Alex. I believe you are saying the cause of the AC frequencies at the DAC output is  #3 in the list I posted earlier:

Let's see if Amir can confirm.

The culprit is air.:ph34r:

Move to Pluton to get the best of LPS1, if BS was music...

13 minutes ago, jin said:

Eliminating atmosphere isn't going to stop EMI. Even on Pluto the problems would persist. Of course, lack of air may make it a bit harder to hear the music...

Then, again, looks like EMI was only an issue with Alex's setup and could not be reproduced in Amir's, so there may yet be another leakage path from the four that I listed.

22 minutes ago, jin said:

This user should either be banned immediately or at minimum watched very closely. He just joined last Thursday and his first two posts have already been removed  His sole intention appears to be keep the attacks against Uptone and Alex going. One of his first two posts was a link back to the infamous Amir thread on LPSI. 

Be very careful with this thing. 

8 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

This user should either be banned immediately or at minimum watched very closely. He just joined last Thursday and his first two posts have already been removed  His sole intention appears to be keep the attacks against Uptone and Alex going. One of his first two posts was a link back to the infamous Amir thread on LPSI. 

Be very careful with this thing. 

That's what you think, I have a Regen in my set up.

30 minutes ago, jin said:

That's what you think, I have a Regen in my set up.

No, thats what I too think, and probably various others as well.

When 2 of your first 9 posts are removed, and much of the remainder are for the sole purpose of keeping up the attacks/criticism of UpTone, you are off to a rough start at best and it does warrant monitoring, whether or not you actually have a REGEN.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

No, thats what I too think, and probably various others as well.

When 2 of your first 9 posts are removed, and much of the remainder are for the sole purpose of keeping up the attacks/criticism of UpTone, you are off to a rough start at best and it does warrant monitoring, whether or not you actually have a REGEN.

Chill out, just joined, I don't know the rules and the forbidden subjects.

So based on SuperDads response to the measurements Amir performed it looks like the LPS-1 / Regen combo doesn't stop AC leakage currents after all. 

Looks like solid testing, competent bench setup, and data win out at the end of the day. 

It seems the more that is spent, more the noise profile goes up. So if you like the LPS-1 / Regen(iso) combo, and I'm not going to discount people are hearing a difference, it that they are hearing some added noise and they have a preference for noise added to the source material they are playing back. 

21 minutes ago, plissken said:

Looks like solid testing, competent bench setup, and data win out at the end of the day. 

Looks to me like a blatant attempt to drive traffic and clicks to ASR.

22 minutes ago, plissken said:

So based on SuperDads response to the measurements Amir performed it looks like the LPS-1 / Regen combo doesn't stop AC leakage currents after all. 

I'm having difficulty with that summation, and I'd bet @Superdad likely does as well, though I admit to not having read anything on ASR in quite some time.

1 hour ago, Les Habitants said:

Looks to me like a blatant attempt to drive traffic and clicks to ASR.

I'm having difficulty with that summation, and I'd bet @Superdad likely does as well, though I admit to not having read anything on ASR in quite some time.

I'm up for any creative solutions to have Amir post it directly here. Barring that most smart people figure out that the only alternative is to click through to another site that does have that information.

Everything Alex proposed as an error in Amir's testing was quickly, easily, succinctly, torn to shreds. You're welcome to give it a shot champ.

29 minutes ago, plissken said:

I'm up for any creative solutions to have Amir post it directly here. Barring that most smart people figure out that the only alternative is to click through to another site that does have that information.

Everything Alex proposed as an error in Amir's testing was quickly, easily, succinctly, torn to shreds. You're welcome to give it a shot champ.

Oh now the suspense is just KILLING me...

I guess I'm left with no choice but to head over to ASR for Amir's thrilling diatribe (not).

Thank you but I'll pass.

I am pro Uptone, I have and use in my chain the amber regen and isoregen.  Regen at PC with custom made 6" usb cable and linear PSU and IR at Dac with USPCB and linear PSU.  I love the improvement in sound they make compared to being out of the chain.  

Alex responded to Amir's claims and his statement made some sense, but one thing troubled me with his graphs and statements.  He claimed after showing some RFI radiation effect and mostly eliminating it that it proves the LPS-1 does not pass leakage current, yet the very graph he uses to point this out has a significant peak at 60 Hz, which obviously is some AC artifact.  Granted it is well below the audible hearing threshold, but it is there nonetheless.  Below is an actual screen shot Alex posted on ASR, once he removed the RFI interference he pointed to the reduction of AC noise, which is the X at 120 HZ, It is true it is much better than the noise at 120 Hz with the intentionally configured RFI interference.  But he never addressed the 60 Hz artifact.  Which is present in every graph he posted that day and remained unaffected during his RFI experiments.  So I ask what is going on at 60 Hz?

A partial quote from Alex below about graph.

"And ta-da, a much cleaner plot, proving that what was being measured was NOT leakage coming through the LPS-1's DC output".

resp_lab_lps1_MWoff.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:02 AM, Les Habitants said:

I built a DIY supply using AA size Eneloop NiMH batteries wired in series.

It is not grounded to any chassis, and works fine though only about 6 hours run-time in my application.

So battery supplies such as this are supposed to be chassis grounded then?

NO !

It can also defeat the purpose if used with USB, where it's best to isolate the additional power supply from mains earth as Uptone have done with their UltraCap power supply. Even with a transformer based external PSU which isn't grounded, the capacitive coupling to mains earth via the transformer windings degrades USB performance a little.

You can always put it in a die cast aluminium case for additional RF/EMI rejection, (overkill perhaps?)  but the main advantage of the diecast case with a floating battery supply, is for heat sinking to enable it to run cooler if the supplied battery voltage needs to be regulated down to the required voltage in order to maintain a highly stable output voltage.

Regen plus JLH PSU.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020