IGNORED

USB audio cracked... finally!

Mani ... (and other just the same for some clarification) ...

It will be quite impossible with an SFS of 1.00 to have glitch-free operation which is exactly what mansr would need for what he aims for. So he won't be having "bit perfect" playback. And thus nothing works.

So what you imply now is that all the SpeedRacers in the world will blame YOU of talking mansr into a license which is exactly what should not happen.

And so it goes on and on and on.

Maybe you forgot when it started to happen that the SFS could be lower than 2.00 for glitch-free playback. Well, it was most certainly not in Normal OS.

So, think a bit or otherwise don't interfere with my own example in the first place. OR do it somewhere else so I don't need to witness the totally unrelated ... yes, C... .

2 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Dunno. But at least any conspiracy theories of collusion between Peter and me should be out of the window now

I was thinking just that, 5 minutes ago ! :o

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

So why didn't you just say "compare 120 with 4, and not with 1 for these reasons..."?

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

3 minutes ago, manisandher said:

So why didn't you just say "compare 120 with 4, and not with 1 for these reasons..."?

Don't twist matters around. Why did you come up with 1 while I came up with 4 ?

Worse : an independent person did (Robert).

But I see, you want to be right on something tonight. Could be fun. Just you and mansr.

XXHighEnd (developer)

24 minutes ago, Jud said:

It would involve significant preparation of a Windows machine (which I imagine you could do with some reading on the Phasure forum), plus a license (which you would have to sort out with Peter).  Otherwise, at least so far as my subjective impressions suggest, Peter would be correct - the differences would be minimized, so as he says, this wouldn't "work" for you.  But frankly, I cannot see any regime under which you would feel these settings changes *would* work for you to hear differences, as the time to make the changes would be far too long.

Now THAT makes sense and that was the gist of my post.

Can I now behave again ?

um ... oh ... swoon.gif.93269a3ef847357ef6bf64dfd21fcc1e.gif

XXHighEnd (developer)

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

Don't blame you! I myself am hanging in there via liberal use of the "Ignore User" feature. The difficult ones to ignore are those who usually have sensible and useful things to say, but then get caught up in the noise. Ah well, nothing's perfect.

The listening impressions do trickle in - I posted mine a few days ago. And Mani does an excellent service by posting a summary every few days.

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of your impressions?  I did a search and couldn't find it, but you know how that goes.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

It appears that Peter is taking lessons from Trump on how to treat friends who disagree with him. 

Anything else to twist around ? 9_9

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just now, kumakuma said:

It appears that Peter is taking lessons from Trump on how to treat friends who disagree with him.   

Nah.  Robust discussions occasionally happen among friends on (and off) the Phasure forum.  Don’t think it’ll put a dent in things.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Don't twist matters around. Why did you come up with 1 while I came up with 4 ?

Peter, I didn't see your original post where you pasted the yellow screenshot. I only saw Jud's post suggesting changing SFS. I use SFS=1, so I suggested mansr try that vs. 120.

Right up until you explained that SFS=1 wouldn't work for mansr, I had no idea what you were going on about.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

Btw, about politics ...

Shouldn't any thread deal with that for a fair bit ?

At least in this thread, please not. :)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

At least in this thread, please not. :)

Yeah, we don't want Chris raining "fire and fury" down on us...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

2 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Peter, I didn't see your original post where you pasted the yellow screenshot. I only saw Jud's post suggesting changing SFS.

Well, then we state that mansr also did not see it and all is fine as it was. At least I hope so.

Peace (and a hug of course).

I'm in the fridge as of now. And with apologies for the rant. Too many cables !

haha

XXHighEnd (developer)

On 7/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, manisandher said:

Peter’s brain seems to be wired differently to most of the rest of us…

I wasn't joking...

Mani.

Getting back to the Lush cable ... I would call it Liquid for the way music just pours out of it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 minutes ago, manisandher said:
On 14-7-2017 at 5:15 PM, manisandher said:

Peter’s brain seems to be wired differently to most of the rest of us…

OK, too many wires then.

LushShipment01.thumb.jpg.9946bba63ad5eb1670a5ef5e1e9c206b.jpg

XXHighEnd (developer)

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Don't blame you! I myself am hanging in there via liberal use of the "Ignore User" feature. The difficult ones to ignore are those who usually have sensible and useful things to say, but then get caught up in the noise. Ah well, nothing's perfect.

The listening impressions do trickle in - I posted mine a few days ago. And Mani does an excellent service by posting a summary every few days.

1 hour ago, Johnseye said:

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of your impressions?  I did a search and couldn't find it, but you know how that goes.

Thanks

Nevermind, I found it in the sMS-200 microRendu SQ thread.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

It would involve significant preparation of a Windows machine (which I imagine you could do with some reading on the Phasure forum),

I tried running it in a virtual machine, and the extent to which it messed up Windows means I'm not going to risk it on a real computer. Presumably that means we can stop discussing this now since even if it did run in the VM, anything I found would no doubt be declared invalid anyway.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

plus a license (which you would have to sort out with Peter).

I was under the impression it had a demo mode. Is this too restricted for any kind of comparison to be made? Kind of defeats the point of having a demo version at all if so.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Otherwise, at least so far as my subjective impressions suggest, Peter would be correct - the differences would be minimized, so as he says, this wouldn't "work" for you.  But frankly, I cannot see any regime under which you would feel these settings changes *would* work for you to hear differences, as the time to make the changes would be far too long.

Peter only offered one setting, which is one short of being able to compare anything.

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

I tried running it in a virtual machine, and the extent to which it messed up Windows means I'm not going to risk it on a real computer.

Well, amusing in that you tried something that wasn’t intended (part of this is getting “closer to the iron,” and you instead headed in what I in perhaps uninformed fashion believe would be the opposite direction by adding a virtualization layer).  But as far as harming a computer, I have no doubt you’ve forgotten more about them than I’ll ever know, and I haven’t come close to doing harm to any of the several Windows installations I’ve tried it with.

11 minutes ago, mansr said:

I tried running it in a virtual machine, and the extent to which it messed up Windows means I'm not going to risk it on a real computer. Presumably that means we can stop discussing this now since even if it did run in the VM, anything I found would no doubt be declared invalid anyway.

I was under the impression it had a demo mode. Is this too restricted for any kind of comparison to be made? Kind of defeats the point of having a demo version at all if so.

Peter only offered one setting, which is one short of being able to compare anything.

And I offered another.  But my purpose is not to get you to try what you obviously don’t wish to.  And as I mentioned previously, I can’t see that you or we would get anything from it anyway.