IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

3 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Could be fun !

Of course I realize that this thread emerged because of some other way around :

Someone taking "measurements" of a kind which does not exist to next come up with results which are flawed as h*ll but put forward with charismatical blur that could be harmful. 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

19 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Does anyone actually have a clue about what measurements he is waiting for ?

I most certainly can't think of any, unless such a device is going to make all significantly worse.

An eye diagram is one but I don't really call that measurement as such.

So name us some type of measurement which is going to show something (doesn't need to be significant - marginal is OK too) and which someone like me won't debunk beforehand.

Could be fun !

Linewidth.

Feed perfect sine wave (e.g. 1kHz) encoded as 24/704 (or whatever) in, and perform high resolution spectrum analysis. A perfect DAC should emit *only* 1 kHz but phase error will result in a spread of frequencies around the center. The spectrum should have frequency intervals < 0.1 Hz ideally. 

A device which reduces clock phase error will cause narrowing of the peak (linewidth).

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

1 minute ago, jabbr said:

Linewidth.

That won't do it. For that I first need to be able to see *any* spur of jitter,

And no, my plots are not similar to Denis's. B|

So what I don't see can not be improved upon. However, the example of the other way around I can now make clear to you : should it be significantly worse then I might be able to see it.

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

That won't do it. For that I first need to be able to see *any* spur of jitter,

And no, my plots are not similar to Denis's. B|

So what I don't see can not be improved upon. However, the example of the other way around I can now make clear to you : should it be significantly worse then I might be able to see it.

If you increase your resolution you will see the spread... I suggested that the HP 3561A has an interval of 640 microHz between 125 microHz and 100 kHz ... now perhaps you are doing really well, and then harder to improve -- try vibration isolation ;) but seriously, this is a test of clock phase error. What frequency intervals are you measuring? They need to be small..

That device is no longer state of art, but affordable on used market... otherwise it gets ridiculous

G3-THD-03d.thumb.png.abe83d28573c4e13b7b9c09d27cc4171.png

Mind you, this is even 16/44.1. So see ? nothing to see. And of course this is one plot only from a topic of where I knew I put a plot. But I tried forever ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

Mind you, this is even 16/44.1. So see ? nothing to see. And of course this is one plot only from a topic of where I knew I put a plot. But I tried forever ...

I understand ... I want to see 1000 Hz +/- 10 Hz ... in increments < 0.1 Hz ... there's always a curve -- its physics...

Ok but ...

a) not everything is phase error -- there are other causes of distortion, even other types of "jitter"

b) we don't know that Regen helps phase error at DAC clock, perhaps it works some other way

c) does it help you? perhaps that's because you have a low phase error clock and good isolation...

d) if everyone published these measurements, we would be able to better compare.

Actually you'd need 24 bits to see deeper. This is one :

Buffer02.thumb.png.17844bada58026ee6c6eae81e3eefe4c.png

This is still not what you're asking for. So last chance coming up soon ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

Something like this ?

(this is 24 bits)

G3-THD-03b.thumb.png.f1df506ee795ebd174979d0866426ed8.png

and

G3-THD-03c.thumb.png.12f4882b01507dfa26d8226b692d2676.png

This is both from the same situation. The 2nd one has more FFT depth (resolution). So here you see something happening.

Now my message is : nothing in this isolation realm is going to improve this. Power supply etc. might.

If you have ideas what to do, don't hesitate.

PS: Don't look at the 50Hz (mains) here. This was not right yet in that setup (december 2016, B'ASS testing)

XXHighEnd (developer)

12 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

No.  I looked for it and did not find it.  Neither did another person.

What makes you think the above, and do you have any connection with the business or principals?

They still do not have the guarantee on any other product pages (as of last night).

I have no axe to grind in this fight and do not use a USB connection.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/iso-regen

It's right there in boldface. 

Maybe you are looking at an older version of the page in your browser cache?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

13 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

They still do not have the guarantee on any other product pages (as of last night).

That is because they don't have the feature on other products.

Now sue them.

XXHighEnd (developer)

3 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

A difference found in a double-blind test does not prove an actual improvement. It proves that there is a difference between A and B samples, but which one is better is based on the listener and their preferences and therefore is not objective.  

Consider the online survey where the majority of 150 listeners preferred a flawed MP3 lossy compression over the non-lossy original in a blind test using their own equipment. Over 55% of folks with high-end, expensive equipment preferred the sound of the less accurate recording and only 29% preferred the lossless version. Does that mean that MP3 is better? ;)

Today many people are used to listening to mp3 and extremely volume compressed recordings. Quite possible their standard of reference for how things "should" sound is actually something with worse SQ. When they hear a proper sounding recording they think something is missing. Having a high-end system  doesn't take this factor away. 

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

26 minutes ago, Don Hills said:

It wasn't a blind test. He knew which of the devices was in circuit at any one time.

No, according to him it was a blind test

3 minutes ago, firedog said:

No, according to him it was a blind test

He said it was marked G and M or something like that.  While true he didn't know what those markings meant, it wasn't really even single blind.  I have seen this too many times.  Even the color of a cable as long as you can see it cause people to latch onto perceived differences and place them on one vs the other.  Then you simply can't get those out of your head.  No human can. 

From what I have seen of other people and myself, you could so mark two completely identical boxes and pretty much cannot prevent yourself from hearing a difference.  Most particularly when you are auditioning to see if they sound different.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Just now, firedog said:

Go back and read his longer explanation in a different post and I think you will see it was blind. He also has repeatedly referred to it as blind, and I don't think he would do that if it wasn't. 

Awful long thread at this point.  Can you point to it.  Or perhaps more simply, Jud can tell us how it was done.  I trust he is telling the truth, and I may have misremembered his description. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

6 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

An imaginary customer?

You are certainly a vociferous advocate for this co. - do you have any sort of relation with them?

An "imaginary customer" who posted in threads here in April? Flail much?

As for my relationship, first, I consider myself a friend of Alex and John's.  This has given me the mighty mental power to conjure up an imaginary customer to post in the forum here about the 30-day satisfaction guarantee back in April, more than a month before it magically appeared to you.

Second, as I've posted prominently in each of two forum comments where I've talked about my listening experience with the current production model, in return for testing Alex provided me a production model for free.  I did that so anyone considering purchasing one could evaluate my comments knowing this.

By the way, I believe what "the other person" said was that he couldn't find it in Google or in the site footer, if I understand him correctly.  If I do, it would leave you as the only one claiming to have read that full product page and not found it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hi Peter, could you change the X axis to logarithmic and publish both with and without your USB isolator/filter?

It would widen the base of the 1K tone and maybe show some significant difference as per @jabbr

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)