IGNORED

Euphony Audio Transport ─ Euphony OS ─ Embedded, Headless OS For Music Servers

11 hours ago, ArthurPower said:

To have these features your need a full licence. Euphony is Roon certificated and we can not included Roon server in the free trial.

I know that - I've purchased it. I'm having these problems with the registered version.

For 2-channel: Roon Nucleus, W4S DAC2-DSDSe (now upgraded to DAC-2v2Se w/9038Pro) & Recovery, Biz Audio USB cable, McAllister Audio MA-10 Pre, McAllister Audio OTL-95 Amps using Morrow Audio MA4 interconnects, PureAudio Trio 15B speakers using Morrow Audio SP-7 speaker wires. Black Sand Audio Violet Z1 MKii power cables.

7 hours ago, Norton said:

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the software section?

The title of the thread says Euphony OS - Operating System - that's software

For 2-channel: Roon Nucleus, W4S DAC2-DSDSe (now upgraded to DAC-2v2Se w/9038Pro) & Recovery, Biz Audio USB cable, McAllister Audio MA-10 Pre, McAllister Audio OTL-95 Amps using Morrow Audio MA4 interconnects, PureAudio Trio 15B speakers using Morrow Audio SP-7 speaker wires. Black Sand Audio Violet Z1 MKii power cables.

Followup - Robert from audiokernel.com finally got back to me. I will update here when I have some news.

I spoke with Robert today and apparently he tried to email you a couple times after you contacted support, but it appears you didn't receive his responses. So he tried sending them again using a gmail address. Maybe the first emails went to your spam folder?

I wasn’t aware you had a full licence since I only handle sales through the Euphony USA website in North America. I'm sure Robert will figure out and address your issue. Euphony is Roon certified and your licence should enable Roon Server.

Member of the Trade: Power Holdings Inc

1 hour ago, ArthurPower said:

I spoke with Robert today and apparently he tried to email you a couple times after you contacted support, but it appears you didn't receive his responses. So he tried sending them again using a gmail address. Maybe the first emails went to your spam folder?

I wasn’t aware you had a full licence since I only handle sales through the Euphony USA website in North America. I'm sure Robert will figure out and address your issue. Euphony is Roon certified and your licence should enable Roon Server.

That's what I'm hoping. Never got the emails before today. I run my own WatchGuard firewall and all emails go through to my computer. Not sure what happened, but I've sent him some screens shots and await his reply.

14 hours ago, ArthurPower said:

Got a reply last night - seems like my registration wasn't update from Trial to Full license status in their database. Someone did it manually last night and now everything is there. Finally.

• 1 month later...

If Euphony OS functions as an HQPlayer NAA, that makes it like a streamer/endpoint. And that means that some other computer upstream needs to be doing the upsampling on either a Windows based computer with HQPlayer desktop or a Linux based computer with HQPlayer embedded. 

Is it not possible to install Euphony OS on the upsampling computer, install HQPlayer embedded, and then have a fully OS optimized playback chain?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

> Euphony is a finely tuned headless OS based on Arch Linux to create an imbedded music server.

It's OK to charge for GPL-licensed software, but it is necessary under the GPL license to make the source code available.  Where can I get the source code for Euphony OS?  A URL would be great.  Thanks!

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, seeteeyou said:

Did anyone get a chance to compare €0 AudioPhile Linux, €49 AudioLinux Headless, and €249 Euphony Audio Transport yet?

Or snakeoil or DreamOS or ... there's a new one every time I look around.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

22 hours ago, Ben-M said:

It's been a LONG time coming to fruition for me, but I'll be firing one of their ISO onto an SSD pretty soon to give it a listen in my streamer. 

There are several audiophile, purpose built OSes now, and I'm looking to give them all a listen in the same system as they all seem to have similar functionality which will lend to pretty equal testing. 

1. Euphony Stylus

2. Snakeoil OS

3. Daphile

4. HQPlayer Embedded

5. Audiophile Linux

6. AudioLinux Headless

7. Windows 10 Pro + Audiophile Optimizer, Fidelizer, Process Lasso, RoonBridge/HQPlayer

8. Windows Server 2016 + Audiophile Optimizer, Fidelizer, Process Lasso, RoonBridge/HQPlayer

Am I missing any other one? Excluding any Mac OS, of course. 

There is also GentooPlayer.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:21 PM, Chopin75 said:

How about audirvanna for windows? It has worked great for Mac OS with El capitan or lower OS. It sucks woth Sierra as direct mode is gone. Perhaps windows version would work better now.

I've never really heard too much about Audirvanna. I knew it was Mac only back in the day, but then got ported to Windows. I've never tried it and never really heard that it was "enthusiast" style. My impression was that it's more like a nicer iTunes? I do remember on Mac is used to be said to deliver the best sound, but that was back before the real "computer as a dedicated source" happened these past 4 years. 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, bibo01 said:

There is also GentooPlayer.

I tried a quick goggling of this, but not much info. The link you shared seems to be the only source of info about it?

Can you fill us in a little about what it is, what it's based on, and what it'd be comparable to functionally and then sonically? 

3 hours ago, Ben-M said:

I tried a quick goggling of this, but not much info. The link you shared seems to be the only source of info about it?

Can you fill us in a little about what it is, what it's based on, and what it'd be comparable to functionally and This is then sonically? 

Probably, it is the only place to find info on it  because our site developed it,, specifically our user "antonellocaroli".

It is based on Gentoo, like - I would say - Daphile.

However, the main characteristic is that it is "tailor made" to your system hardware. On initialization there are a few scripts to help you on that process and then kernel is compiled on your system. We were able to cut processes down to the limit. 

To give you an idea this is htop on Snakeoil:

Selection_115.png

And this is htop on GentooPlayer:

Selection_117.png

Furthermore, there are a series of useful applications installed: logitechmediaserver | networkaudiod | squeezelite | squeezelite-R2 | mpd | roon-bridge | roon-server | rtirq | HQPlayer Desktop, HQPlayer Embedded |pf-kernel | rt-kernel 
There are images X86-94bit for UEFI bios and compatible bios, with no GUI and with Xfce GUI; plus there are precompiled images for Rasp PI3B and AlloSparky. 

So, in general it can be used as a server or as NAA.  

The original thread I gave you can be of some help, if you read it. Please try and report (post on that forum in English, no problem).

The audirvana for Mac is (was) an excellent player. Sounds pretty damn good on my Macbook air, running on Yosemite OS. It has to be done in "direct mode" to bypass the CoreAudio processing. Without this it sucks. The newer Mac OS from Sierra onward does not allow this so it sucks now. It also can play almost any music files including ISO from SACD. Can't seem to do DVD/DTS rips though. Can do multi-channel as well. descent upsampling too. I am curious how the Windows version would be like.  

On 10/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, bibo01 said:

Probably, it is the only place to find info on it  because our site developed it,, specifically our user "antonellocaroli".

It is based on Gentoo, like - I would say - Daphile.

However, the main characteristic is that it is "tailor made" to your system hardware. On initialization there are a few scripts to help you on that process and then kernel is compiled on your system. We were able to cut processes down to the limit. 

To give you an idea this is htop on Snakeoil:

Selection_115.png

And this is htop on GentooPlayer:

Selection_117.png

Furthermore, there are a series of useful applications installed: logitechmediaserver | networkaudiod | squeezelite | squeezelite-R2 | mpd | roon-bridge | roon-server | rtirq | HQPlayer Desktop, HQPlayer Embedded |pf-kernel | rt-kernel 
There are images X86-94bit for UEFI bios and compatible bios, with no GUI and with Xfce GUI; plus there are precompiled images for Rasp PI3B and AlloSparky. 

So, in general it can be used as a server or as NAA.  

The original thread I gave you can be of some help, if you read it. Please try and report (post on that forum in English, no problem).

Hi bibo01,

I've taken a look and tried it on my PC player with Gigabyte GAH77M-D3H mobo and it appears that the Ethernet card of this motherboard which is an Atheros GbE LAN chip is not recognized by Gentooplayer :(

4 hours ago, Le dom said:

I've taken a look and tried it on my PC player with Gigabyte GAH77M-D3H mobo and it appears that the Ethernet card of this motherboard which is an Atheros GbE LAN chip is not recognized by Gentooplayer :(

Probably the driver (kernel module) is missing and/or the relative firmware ("non-free").
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Atheros+GbE+LAN+gentoo+linux

Have you a working Linux system? If you do, could you please execute on this system the following command: lspci -v  ?

...and give me the result 

I am currently testing euphony OS via booting from my Macbook air. Spent hrs late in the night and finally works properly. Sounding pretty damn good. The difference with audirvana on MAC OS yosemite direct mode is not a lot but sound does appear a bit less digital and more organic. Audirvana is already superb but often run out of juice with DSD 256, with clicks and disrupted signals.  HQplayer alone has similar issues. Not so with euphony, at least so far seems quite smooth but before I get too excited I realize it is not able to play many of my DSD files,;all DSF, so this essentially makes it useless for DSD from 64 to 256, also issue with some DXD too. Euphony states that it does not have the correct decoder; Anyone kmows why?