IGNORED

Euphony Audio Transport ─ Euphony OS ─ Embedded, Headless OS For Music Servers

I will have to check with the programmers. I know they are in the middle of transferring the images to a new server that has more bandwidth available. Hopefully this didn't cause any issues.

Windows will not reconize a Linux formated disc and therefore will ask if you want to format it. This is normal, just ingore that windows message.

Member of the Trade: Power Holdings Inc

I assume you guys know how to boot a computer from a USB drive. So it's possible there was a problem with the image you downloaded. A new version has already been released today and I can confirm it's working from a USB flash drive. If you could please try again using the downloader, so it can pull the latest image. It runs a checksum after its 100% finished to ensure everything is there.

3 minutes ago, ArthurPower said:

I assume you guys know how to boot a computer from a USB drive. So it's possible there was a problem with the image you downloaded. A new version has already been released today and I can confirm it's working from a USB flash drive. If you could please try again using the downloader, so it can pull the latest image. It runs a checksum after its 100% finished to ensure everything is there.

Thanks, Arthur, I'll try the new image.

Okay, I downloaded the new image and was able to boot the Euphony on my Mac Mini.  I'm awaiting my registration code so I can try it.

I'm still not able to boot it on my fanless mini-PC.  It's a Bay Trail processor and has a UEFI boot system.  This would actually be my preferred machine but it won't see the boot stick.  I tuned off Secure Boot but still no luck.  This might be a problem since many people like to use these Atom-based mini-PCs as media servers.  If your software people have any tips I'd be happy to try them.

Glad to hear you got it working on your Mac. Euphony does not use UEFI. So the default bios settings should be used on your PC and that should allow it to boot. 

When you register with using 'TRIAL' as the voucher code you should receive an immediate response with your registration number.

Okay, so I got Euphony booted on my Mac Mini, it plays the sample song just fine but I cannot connect to any of my NAS's.  It says they're not available.  So I can't listen to any of my own music to compare it.  Snakeoil and Daphile have no problems seeing my storage devices.  Suggestions are welcome.

Daphile is a nice OS that works well. Euphony has many additional features but the main goal of Euphony is audio quality. I know you are asking yourself is there really much of a difference. The answer is yes! You need to try Euphony to hear for yourself.

Anyone successful at installing Euphony and playing with your own music? If so, what are your thoughts?

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

@ArthurPower  Hi, i have some questions about Euphony OS:

- I have a Zotac CI320 nano with 4gb ram. Intel N2930 (quad core, 1.83 GHz, up to 2.16 GHz). I would install Euphony on the internal SSD and then my music library is attached with E-Sata external drive. Both, the Zotac and the external drive are powered by linear PSU. Is Euphony gonna work in this scenario (hardware and external e-sata drive)?

- Is there any Last.fm scrobbling option?

- Euphony supports ''Play from Ram'' option or you think that it's not necessary?

@Miracle1980 We also have a Zotac NUC with a linear power supply. This is a perfect affordable solution for a music server. Your setup will work fine with Euphony. I prefer my music on an external drive as well.

Euphony does not have the scrobbling option for Last.fm, sorry.

Every song is automatically loaded into ram before playing if 100% buffering is checked. It's not necessary but may provide slightly better audio quality with your external hard drive.

5 hours ago, Miracle1980 said:

@ArthurPower  Hi, i have some questions about Euphony OS:

- I have a Zotac CI320 nano with 4gb ram. Intel N2930 (quad core, 1.83 GHz, up to 2.16 GHz). I would install Euphony on the internal SSD and then my music library is attached with E-Sata external drive. Both, the Zotac and the external drive are powered by linear PSU. Is Euphony gonna work in this scenario (hardware and external e-sata drive)?

- Is there any Last.fm scrobbling option?

- Euphony supports ''Play from Ram'' option or you think that it's not necessary?

Which Linear PSU are you using?  

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

6 hours ago, No Disc said:

Anyone successful at installing Euphony and playing with your own music? If so, what are your thoughts?

I've gotten it to run on my Mac Mini via USB stick.  There's a problem connecting to my external storages and I have been working with the engineer on that.  I did play some music from a second USB stick.  I don't feel comfortable making many comments about audio quality yet because I don't think this is an ideal setup.

My current standard is XXHighEnd on a very powerful W10 laptop.  The clarity, focus and three-dimensionality are the best I have heard to date.  I can't run Euphony on the same laptop because it does not have ethernet, otherwise I would try to make a direct comparison.

I wish Euphony would run on either of my fanless mini-PCs, then I could do a full install and compare it directly to Daphile and Snakeoil-OS.  They use Atom-based processors with UEFI boot and will not see the Euphony boot image.  I think this is something Euphony should address because these are popular, low-cost, minimalist options for music servers.

21 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

I've gotten it to run on my Mac Mini via USB stick.  There's a problem connecting to my external storages and I have been working with the engineer on that.  I did play some music from a second USB stick.  I don't feel comfortable making many comments about audio quality yet because I don't think this is an ideal setup.

My current standard is XXHighEnd on a very powerful W10 laptop.  The clarity, focus and three-dimensionality are the best I have heard to date.  I can't run Euphony on the same laptop because it does not have ethernet, otherwise I would try to make a direct comparison.

I wish Euphony would run on either of my fanless mini-PCs, then I could do a full install and compare it directly to Daphile and Snakeoil-OS.  They use Atom-based processors with UEFI boot and will not see the Euphony boot image.  I think this is something Euphony should address because these are popular, low-cost, minimalist options for music servers.

What about your SD card reader?  Mine is on a separate bus from USB.  Snakeoil does not support the SD card reader yet. 

2 hours ago, No Disc said:

Which Linear PSU are you using?  

HDPlex Linear PSU. 

I'm actually trying Euphony and actually it seems (sounds) promising. I mean audio quality specially...

@ArthurPower Is there a way to access the Music Library as shared drive? Probably samba should be ''involved''. I ask because with Daphile i was adding my files into library directly from Windows Explorer.

Just now, zackthedog said:

No, it will not boot from an SD card.

Sorry, I meant loading some music on the SD card, not booting from it.