IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

3 hours ago, Gato said:

Yes, it's about HQPlayer OS network part.

About the "network bridge", I found that in "hqplayer-embedded-4.31.0" the following folders contains parts of the bridge configuration:

• /lib/systemd/network
  • /etc/systemd/network

With "hqplayer-embedded-4.32.0", I am looking to see:

• if another folders/places contain parts of the bridge's configuration.
  • if there are technical articles explaining "network bridge" for this linux flavor.

Configuration is same as before under /etc/systemd/network

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 hours ago, theand said:

thanks, i found it, downloaded it, installed it. How do I configure it to control the enbledded on the other machine?

Client? It automatically discovers HQPlayer instances on the network, just choose the right one from the drop list.

I got this segfault when I try to run the newer version of hqplayer in a LXC container.

hqplayerd[2060620]: segfault at 1018 ip 00007f3c38069937 sp 00007ffd9aa93290 error 4 in libsgllnx64-2.29.02.so[7f3c38065000+7000]

The last version which works is hqplayerd_4.30.2-125amd_amd64.deb

The reason I'm using a LXC container is that my Ryzen 5900x are used for other things than just hqplayer..

3 hours ago, michaelvv said:

I got this segfault when I try to run the newer version of hqplayer in a LXC container.

hqplayerd[2060620]: segfault at 1018 ip 00007f3c38069937 sp 00007ffd9aa93290 error 4 in libsgllnx64-2.29.02.so[7f3c38065000+7000]

The last version which works is hqplayerd_4.30.2-125amd_amd64.deb

The reason I'm using a LXC container is that my Ryzen 5900x are used for other things than just hqplayer..

Containers and virtual machines are unsupported.

Why don't you run hqplayerd in the default way as a service?

Especially HQPlayer Embedded is designed for built-for-purpose streamer device firmware.

35 minutes ago, michaelvv said:

where It's a no go to mess up the host enviroment.

Depends on what you consider "mess".

All kinds of virtualization and containers just tend to mess up realtime latencies and such things important to realtime applications like HQPlayer. Of course if you output to a NAA, it is less sensitive. But overall processing performance will suffer somewhat anyway due to poorer cache occupancy.

47 minutes ago, kwatch said:

How to change the time zone in USB booted HQ Embedded?  Date and time is stuck at UTC time zone and cannot be changed.

(I don't have HQPlayer OS machine running at hand right now)

I think /etc/timezone should work. For example something like "Europe/Helsinki".

"timedatectl list-timezones" should list available time zones.

Also "timedatectl set-timezone Europe/Helsinki" should work.

@Miska I got Jammy installed using the "do-release-upgrade -d" command. Everything got upgraded successfully from what I can tell.

I then installed the Jammy version of Desktop using dpkg -i command Got some errors so issued apt install -f command. Desktop did not launch and got Ubuntu error message. Reinstalled Desktop again and did not see any errors. However, Desktop will still not launch. Any thoughts?

I know that @Quadman is having a similar issue.

20 minutes ago, ericuco said:

@Miska I got Jammy installed using the "do-release-upgrade -d" command. Everything got upgraded successfully from what I can tell.

I then installed the Jammy version of Desktop using dpkg -i command Got some errors so issued apt install -f command. Desktop did not launch and got Ubuntu error message. Reinstalled Desktop again and did not see any errors. However, Desktop will still not launch. Any thoughts?

I know that @Quadman is having a similar issue.

What error do you get if you try to start "hqplayer4desktop" from terminal?

@Miska I have an issue with HQPlayer Embedded: when booting with the latest image (4.32.0.1-x64avx2) from USB stick, all boots up fine, but HQPlayer doesn‘t seem to start. It seems that something related to USB is missing? 4.31. and former versions didn‘t show this behaviour, haven‘t changed anything. CPU is 12th Gen i9-12000K, so I understood the avx2 version should work fine, right?

A976A6EA-977E-42D3-B0E7-8E6AFF5CCDA8.jpeg

B85B257F-0669-4729-BC64-EFF3232E7918.jpeg

4D6DB92C-FF8C-4AC7-B8E1-DA34B3EA6A40.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bertel said:

@Miska I have an issue with HQPlayer Embedded: when booting with the latest image (4.32.0.1-x64avx2) from USB stick, all boots up fine, but HQPlayer doesn‘t seem to start. It seems that something related to USB is missing? 4.31. and former versions didn‘t show this behaviour, haven‘t changed anything. CPU is 12th Gen i9-12000K, so I understood the avx2 version should work fine, right?

I just fixed some OS related problems, now there are 4.32.1 HQPlayer OS images.

19 hours ago, sledwards said:

I now get this new screen pop-up during updates:

Anything I should do different other than say 'OK"?

Just hit Okay. This dialog tells you some of the services are using old libraries after 'sudo apt upgrade'. Once hit Okay those services will restart and using the updated libraries.

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It's in a script I was given to attach a external hard drive with my music

Let me guess, that hard drive comes from a windows machine?

It's very simple to leave a drive attached to the machine, format it in a way Linux can read natively, and just transfer music to it over the network instead.

That's my music on my HQPmachine, I connect to it via the network and send new music to it over the network as well.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 8.55.16 PM.png

No electron left behind.