IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

On 4/28/2024 at 6:45 PM, Jud said:

Hi @Miska. I have an HQPlayer Embedded license. My main SSD is showing signs of data corruption, and out of caution I am replacing both it and the backup SSD today with new ones. The new installations will be byte-for-byte copies of the old one (as far as I can manage to do that), but the hardware will have changed. I have the Embedded license key file. Is there anything I need to do other than run Embedded as usual on the new main SSD?

It should be rather straightforward process. But if needed, you could use the HQPlayer's backup/restore functionality to bring over all the settings too. But you may already have all the necessary bits and pieces in place depending on how old your backup is.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 4/30/2024 at 6:03 PM, TomTuricum said:

The same problem here, version 5.6.0 HQPlayer Embedded, no DAC correction presets are displayed in Matrix pipeline (none).

If you are connecting DAC over NAA, then there's a bug related to DAC detection. It has been already fixed for upcoming next release.

23 hours ago, MJ1409 said:

Anybody having issues downloading 5.6.0? It’s giving me between 20hrs to 2 days!!!!

Where are you located? I'll look into making these files available also for example on one server located in Hong Kong. It may help...

Or possibly I move those to another server located in Europe (Germany instead of Finland).

2 hours ago, jabbr said:

@Miska I don't know if this has been asked but is there an ETA for Ubuntu 24.04 support now that it is released and LTS

When it becomes officially possible to upgrade 22.04 to 24.04. Which usually means the time when 24.04.1 is released (around June - August timeframe).

2 hours ago, Miska said:

That wouldn't be too far some time when I take ship from Helsinki to Travemünde with a car...

You are always welcome. With sound check and fish sandwiches included. 😄

5 hours ago, Miska said:

But you may already have all the necessary bits and pieces in place depending on how old your backup is.

I back up often, so everything worked well. Thanks!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

Where are you located? I'll look into making these files available also for example on one server located in Hong Kong. It may help...

I'm in Singapore and facing similar issue quite frequent recently.

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to download a bootable image of HQPE OS V 5.5.3 without success cause it took almost forever to complete.

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

6 minutes ago, chipvn said:

I'm in Singapore and facing similar issue quite frequent recently.

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to download a bootable image of HQPE OS V 5.5.3 without success cause it took almost forever to complete.

OK, these are some of the mysteries I cannot see directly. But I'll try to enable two more servers for downloads and hopefully this will help!

1 minute ago, Sunny_Player said:

@Miska I sucecessfully installed 5.6.1 on jammy (intel). Unfortunately, hqplayer does not list my DAC (T+A 3100 HV) connected by NAA in the DAC-correction settings. Is this a normal behaviour or did I miss something? Thank you

Your dac is not in the list of supported dac for correction 

Stefano

My audio system

It’s interesting that even with similar hardware under the same manufacturer that different models can be distinguished.  There must be some unique identifier broadcast over USB/LAN?  Or @Miska formulates some sort of identification during testing specific models?  

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

4 hours ago, cpcat said:

It’s interesting that even with similar hardware under the same manufacturer that different models can be distinguished.  There must be some unique identifier broadcast over USB/LAN?  Or @Miska formulates some sort of identification during testing specific models?  

I know for sure, that the corrections for DAC 200 / HA 200 wouldn't apply for HV-series. HV series would need it's own set of corrections. Those would be certainly worth having. To the extent possible, I try to offer only applicable corrections.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

I know for sure, that the corrections for DAC 200 / HA 200 wouldn't apply for HV-series. HV series would need it's own set of corrections. Those would be certainly worth having. To the extent possible, I try to offer only applicable corrections.

Cryptic 😆.

Your right and your IP of course. 😀

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

On 5/4/2024 at 3:46 AM, cpcat said:

Cryptic 😆.

Your right and your IP of course. 😀

Different hardware and different D/A conversion implementation. Different pieces of hardware require different corrections. Also the available settings in HV are different.

Sounds great without DAC correction.

Maybe mine wouldn’t benefit or maybe it would.

I suspect I will never know.

@Miska is it possible to do a secure connection remotely so you could access?

9 minutes ago, cpcat said:

Sounds great without DAC correction.

Maybe mine wouldn’t benefit or maybe it would.

I suspect I will never know.

@Miska is it possible to do a secure connection remotely so you could access?

I hope I will be arrange something either with T+A, or someone having a HV series device. It requires physical access to the device for measurements.

Next challenge is that this is not something "do once and then it's done" kind of thing. But ongoing improvements over time. That require new measurements...

1 minute ago, Miska said:

I hope I will be arrange something either with T+A, or someone having a HV series device. It requires physical access to the device for measurements.

Next challenge is that this is not something "do once and then it's done" kind of thing. But ongoing improvements over time. That require new measurements...

Sorry if I assumed you knew, but I use a Lampizator DAC- see sig.

Maybe i will try out T+A one day.  I am looking (peripherally) at their speakers.

With your NAA design it seems like there would be a way for you to access remotely, or maybe with another NAA OS that you could customize to give you access?  We would need to trust you of course.  And i am sure we could all gang up on you -if necessary -to keep you in-line and on-the-level. 😆

11 hours ago, cpcat said:

Sorry if I assumed you knew, but I use a Lampizator DAC- see sig.

Maybe i will try out T+A one day.  I am looking (peripherally) at their speakers.

With your NAA design it seems like there would be a way for you to access remotely, or maybe with another NAA OS that you could customize to give you access?  We would need to trust you of course.  And i am sure we could all gang up on you -if necessary -to keep you in-line and on-the-level. 😆

DACs have couple of different types of identifiers. Sometimes it is easier to tell the devices apart and sometimes more difficult. Sometimes manufacturers use the same USB front-end for all their products. Then it is only possible to detect the manufacturer. Availability of information also depends on the OS in question.

When it comes to DAC corrections, for making those corrections I need physical access to the device.

13 minutes ago, Gato said:

HQPresets is a desktop application that lets you manage and apply presets.
Additionally, it
 includes a web page for applying presets via a browser, it is called HQPresets via HTTP.

If I well understand, HQPresets stores its presets on a computer where it is running and, when asked for, changes the settings of the chosen HQPlayer instance (local or remote) by means of invoking hqp5control (or maybe more directly using API). It looks to work on the level of changing settings using HQPlayer Client, just that it is more convenient if one wants to change more things at once. Assigning a name to a preset also helps in situations when one likes to listen to some album or concert with specific settings.

Although you announced it in Linux based thread, thank you for publishing also a Windows version. I will try it.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
18 minutes ago, bogi said:

If I well understand, HQPresets stores its presets on a computer where it is running and, when asked for, changes the settings of the chosen HQPlayer instance (local or remote) by means of invoking hqp5control (or maybe more directly using API). It looks to work on the level of changing settings using HQPlayer Client, just that it is more convenient if one wants to change more things at once. Assigning a name to a preset also helps in situations when one likes to listen to some album or concert with specific settings.

Although you announced it in Linux based thread, thank you for publishing also a Windows version. I will try it.

Thank you for your interest in HQPresets.

I was asking if it works like I described. :)

Just trying a Windows version. I was able to create a preset but please test the scenario when a preset name contains unexpected characters (I used bogi - default as preset name). After displaying a message cursor is lost in Preset name input box. After a minute or so cursor appeared again.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 minutes ago, bogi said:

I was asking if it works like I described. :)

Just trying a Windows version. I was able to create a preset but please test the scenario when a preset name contains unexpected characters (I used bogi - default as preset name). After displaying a message cursor is lost in Preset name input box. After a minute or so cursor appeared again.

Yes your description is a good one.

HQPresets use hqp5control and not the API.

About the preset name issue: oops! It's a bug in the way the framework work under Windows with the "standard" disruptiv javascript alert. I'll take care of it and I'll tell you again! Thank you for your understanding!

19 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Does it works for HQPlayer Embedded too, without HQPlayer Client installed?

For me it does notwork with HQPlayer Embedded at all.

I have the full trial version of HQPlayer desktop installed on my windwos PC, but no sign of HQP5Control.