IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Jussi ? So I did a fresh install with latest HQPlayer embedded 4.32.3-139 on server Jammy.Did the same thing after upgrading to latest first time.It let me log in through desktop save changes then no longer able to reach through desktop,HQPlayer ClientCan log in through Putty SSH.Any ideas

45 minutes ago, SwissBear said:

Seems that the Fedora 36 executable you posted is not working for me (connection refused, although the service is running).

Internet connection functional? And no things like firewalld running?

45 minutes ago, SwissBear said:

I was surprised to see that the executable size if much smaller than previous one. Can you please check ?

Reason is that CUDA support is disabled because Nvidia is again lagging behind Fedora speed.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

34 minutes ago, Miska said:

Internet connection functional? And no things like firewalld running?

Yes, everything is as it should. I downgraded to previous version (4.32.2) and it works A-ok.

Seems that hqplayerd does not connect to the network interfaces...

34 minutes ago, Miska said:

Reason is that CUDA support is disabled because Nvidia is again lagging behind Fedora speed.

Thanks for answering.

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Jussi ? So I did a fresh install with latest HQPlayer embedded 4.32.3-139 on server Jammy.Did the same thing after upgrading to latest first time.It let me log in through desktop save changes then no longer able to reach through desktop,HQPlayer ClientCan log in through Putty SSH.Any ideas

Did you create a username and password?  I find that step is necessary to use Embedded, even if you make the username, username, and the password, password. What matters is manually setting them.

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, SwissBear said:

Hi Jussi,

Seems that the Fedora 36 executable you posted is not working for me (connection refused, although the service is running). I was surprised to see that the executable size if much smaller than previous one. Can you please check ?

I'm also having this issue with the new release. I can connect via the web interface... until I select my DAC, After that, the web interface stops connecting. I can  still ping the IP, but I can't connect to the interface to control the settings.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Jussi.Went back to 4.32.2 and is working now.The latest release 4.32.3 seems to have issue on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy server.On 4.32.3 was able to connect first time but after applying changes was not able to  connect to the network interface

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Jussi.Went back to 4.32.2 and is working now.The latest release 4.32.3 seems to have issue on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy server.On 4.32.3 was able to connect first time but after applying changes was not able to  connect to the network interface

If you stop the service and run it from command line instead, do you get some error? Any errors in the log file when such happens?

I have 4.32.3 running on Jammy and playing music at the moment.

On my lowly i5-7600T to T+A DAC200:

Screenshot from 2022-07-13 23-10-25.png

2 hours ago, Miska said:

If you stop the service and run it from command line instead, do you get some error? Any errors in the log file when such happens?

I have 4.32.3 running on Jammy and playing music at the moment.

On my lowly i5-7600T to T+A DAC200:

Screenshot from 2022-07-13 23-10-25.png

Will try later.Can log in by SSH.How can I get logs if cant use desktop interface

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Will try later.Can log in by SSH.How can I get logs if cant use desktop interface

By default log goes to /tmp/hqplayerd.log which you can read through ssh.

But I think I found the issue. There was a bug that engine was in some cases picking 48k DSD rates even if not allowed. Now it doesn't anymore. But now it fails big time if your rate limit is set higher than what the hardware supports - unless you have auto rate family enabled. So regression due to fixing another bug.

I'm fixing this...

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

By default log goes to /tmp/hqplayerd.log which you can read through ssh.

But I think I found the issue. There was a bug that engine was in some cases picking 48k DSD rates even if not allowed. Now it doesn't anymore. But now it fails big time if your rate limit is set higher than what the hardware supports - unless you have auto rate family enabled. So regression due to fixing another bug.

I'm fixing this...

Okay thanks.When I SSH in says active running but can't access through web interface.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

I'm fixing this...

Using HQP OS, I just selected my DAC & Network Audio and the web interface stopped working. I did not change any other settings. The default bit rate (11289600) is well below the DSD512 that my DAC supports. 

I wiped & re-imaged my USB drive, selected my DAC & Network Audio, selected Auto Rate Family, 48K (which my DAC supports), IPv6 and left the other settings at the default and the web interface again stopped working.

I just wanted to give you some more information to work with. For me, 48k, Auto Rate Family and too-high DSD rates did not seem to matter.

Just in case it matters, the DAC is a Lampizator using an Amanero Combo USB card.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

On 7/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, bobflood said:

Thanks, I have a EOL Chrome Book that was a high end Dell with a i3. I think I can get Linux to install on it.

Success! Got Ubuntu 22.04 installed and the Desktop Client as well. Works very well. If you have a EOL Chromebook it is a great way to run the Client. It wasn't too difficult. Google is your friend here.