IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Upsampling to dsd 256.Really like sinlc filters but get drop outs.Have a 8086 cpu.Looking at getting a graphics card for cuda off load.In looking for a card what do I look for.What is most important amount of cuda cores,speed ,

or amount of memory ?

Hello Outlaw, 

I am upsampling to DSD512 and with sinc-L. Miska/Jussi advised to for this to use minimum 16GB of memory (and he is correct!) and a fast enough NVidia graphics card. From this I gather that a minimum amount of GB's RAM is essential and speed and amount of cores need to be "enough". Miska/Jussi will step in no doubt be able to advice you the right graphics card. I would guess something minimum like NVida 3060 or 3060Ti with minimum 8GB for DSD256 with sinc-L. Your CPU will be doing the modulator. My i9-10900K is fast enough for AMSDMEC7 512+fs (at DSD512). 

9 hours ago, Rovo said:

Hello Outlaw, 

I am upsampling to DSD512 and with sinc-L. Miska/Jussi advised to for this to use minimum 16GB of memory (and he is correct!) and a fast enough NVidia graphics card. From this I gather that a minimum amount of GB's RAM is essential and speed and amount of cores need to be "enough". Miska/Jussi will step in no doubt be able to advice you the right graphics card. I would guess something minimum like NVida 3060 or 3060Ti with minimum 8GB for DSD256 with sinc-L. Your CPU will be doing the modulator. My i9-10900K is fast enough for AMSDMEC7 512+fs (at DSD512). 

Looking to buy a 3080 with 12GB that way should be no issue.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Miska.How do I install drivers for 3080 rtx on HQPlayer latest on Ubuntu focal 20.04 ?

If you have a lot of space for extra fluff its as easy as 

sudo apt update

followed by

sudo apt install nvidia-cuda-toolkit

Although, you don't necessarily need all the stuff that will add. Here is a good guide (Official) that I suggest reading before you jump in.

https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-installation-guide-linux/index.html

No electron left behind.

13 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

If you have a lot of space for extra fluff its as easy as 

sudo apt update

followed by

sudo apt install nvidia-cuda-toolkit

Although, you don't necessarily need all the stuff that will add. Here is a good guide (Official) that I suggest reading before you jump in.

https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-installation-guide-linux/index.html

Im running Ubuntu 20.04 Focal server I thought I just needed drivers

Miska or anyone.Running HQPLayer Embedded 4.30.3 on Ubuntu Focal 20.04 server.Today installed a graphics card for cuda offload.Now PC goes into to sleep mode roughly after 25 minutes.Is there a way to disable sleep mode or how to fix issue ?

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Miska or anyone.Running HQPLayer Embedded 4.30.3 on Ubuntu Focal 20.04 server.Today installed a graphics card for cuda offload.Now PC goes into to sleep mode roughly after 25 minutes.Is there a way to disable sleep mode or how to fix issue ?

I didnt think server would go to sleep, but type this into terminal and share the output.

sudo systemctl status sleep.target

No electron left behind.

50 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If you installed full version of NVIDIA driver and you connect the monitor to that GPU, the GNOME will always get into power saving mode to meet the environment protection compliance.

In your case (RTX3080), just install headless kit:

sudo apt install nvidia-headless-510

or if you insist to install full 510 driver, just pull the monitor cable out from your host after installation / reboot. Simple.

9 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If you installed full version of NVIDIA driver and you connect the monitor to that GPU, the GNOME will always get into power saving mode to meet the environment protection compliance.

In your case (RTX3080), just install headless kit:

sudo apt install nvidia-headless-510

or if you insist to install full 510 driver, just pull the monitor cable out from your host after installation / reboot. Simple.

Thanks.

23 hours ago, Miska said:

Just drivers needed, no need to install full development kit. It would pull huge amount of unnecessary stuff.

Installation of headless server drivers was recently discussed on this thread:

Can I install headless server driver overtop of other driver as it is installed already ?

@MiskaI think the Embedded version will be updated soon but I'd still like to report two things I observed in v4.30.3...

First I re-eval the v4.30.3 and observed performance penalty in 48-family compare to v4.29.2.

For v4.29.2 I could set CPU OC 51x to make AMSDM7EC works and quite satisfied:

image.thumb.jpeg.88b8d2616549ecd6a08f798553dfba64.jpeg

But for v4.30.3 I have to set CPU OC 53x to get this... 😅

621952940_Image2022-4-17at11_29AM.thumb.jpg.337f1282689e7e0a9a75b29faeb979b2.jpg

If I kept OC 51x the three most heavy loading filters (i.e. ext3, xtr and gauss-xl / xla) won't play 48-family anymore. Not sure what changed between 4.29 and 4.30 but I wish the next update is already optimized for 48-family. 

Second thing was, when I set the gauss-long-lp / mp, htop gave me this info:

728274615_Image2022-4-17at1_27AM.thumb.jpg.f36775fe5e8464ecb300c8b46812adc4.jpg

Same initialization behavior as gauss-long-ip. I did reboot / cut the power / reinstall everything, but the long-lp / mp still react the same. 

These CPU halting stat supposed not to happen when using gauss-long-lp / mp? 🤔

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Same initialization behavior as gauss-long-ip. I did reboot / cut the power / reinstall everything, but the long-lp / mp still react the same. 

I run i9-12900K at max. 4.4GHz (passively cooled) excellently. 

43262940mu.png

The new release HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.31.0 works flawlessly. The interaction with Roon is excellent. I mention it because there were problems with Windows. 

43440852jw.jpeg