IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

11 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

@Miska, I have been unable to install the last two upgrades on my sonicTransporter.  See screenshot showing error messages below.  Is this something you can address, or should I contact Small Green Computer for assistance? Thanks 

You need to talk to SGC about it.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I don't know much about Linux at all, but I have learned a little through managing several Linux playback devices (four different Olive and SoTM servers in particular) by using Putty and copying and pasting commands from the developers' instructions and other internet posts. I now am thinking of moving HQPe from a USB stick on my NUC to the NUC itself.  

My reasons are twofold:

(1) No more enabling and disabling of secure boot in BIOS.

(2) Reclaim my Windows license for use in some potential future Windows PC. 

There are a few detailed guides on the internet, including one from the @The Computer Audiophile, that provide command strings for an SSD installation. I think I probably can use them to get up and running.  My question is this: How over my head will I be if I have to manage potential HQPe issues using SSH rather than by just reflashing a USB stick? 

Thanks for your advice. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

@Miska , the release notes for HQP Embedded version 4.28.0 indicates updates for Intel 12th gen chips.

Does version 4.28.0 also include your core allocation modifications for AMD that allow DSD EC 512 with the Ryzen 5800X?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

@Miska, I'm trying HQP OS 4.28.0 on a Ryzen 5800X.  The workload is still pinned to two cores (for stereo playback) and I'm unable to get DSD512 upsampling to work.

Do I have to change the setting for "Multicore DSP"? If so, I don't believe that setting is available in the web interface. How do I change it?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Also, I double-checked to make sure I'm using the AMD version of 4.28.0, but the command line in the OS reads "@intel-corei7-64"

I don't know if that means anything.

I installed Ubuntu on my NUC today for several reasons.  Then, I made a point of using Chris' instructions in this thread to try to install version 4.28.0 of HQPe on the NUC: 

In any event, that did not work for reasons that I posted in that thread, so I went back to booting the NUC with HQPe OS on a USB stick.  My 4.27.2 version booted up fine and played music.

Then, I decided to try 4.28.0 on a USB stick.  I downloaded the image, flashed it on to another USB stick, and started up the NUC from the USB stick.  Unfortunately, I could not find the new version anywhere on my network, whether using the http://hqplayer page on my browser or trying to find its IP address on Fing.  It also wasn't pingable at the NUC's reserved IP address. 

I then tried burning the image to yet another USB stick just to be sure it wasn't a hardware issue.  Same result.

I then rebooted 4.27.2. It's fine. Playing beautifully as I type this. 

I have not been unable to find on the network any of the three previous versions of HQPe that I have used since buying my license.  Because I remain able to boot 4.27.2 even after changing the NUC from Windows to Ubuntu, I am even more baffled.

Were there any changes made to the .img for this version that could account for this differing result?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

1 hour ago, Mike Rubin said:

I installed Ubuntu on my NUC today for several reasons.  Then, I made a point of using Chris' instructions in this thread to try to install version 4.28.0 of HQPe on the NUC: 

In any event, that did not work for reasons that I posted in that thread, so I went back to booting the NUC with HQPe OS on a USB stick.  My 4.27.2 version booted up fine and played music.

Then, I decided to try 4.28.0 on a USB stick.  I downloaded the image, flashed it on to another USB stick, and started up the NUC from the USB stick.  Unfortunately, I could not find the new version anywhere on my network, whether using the http://hqplayer page on my browser or trying to find its IP address on Fing.  It also wasn't pingable at the NUC's reserved IP address. 

I then tried burning the image to yet another USB stick just to be sure it wasn't a hardware issue.  Same result.

I then rebooted 4.27.2. It's fine. Playing beautifully as I type this. 

I have not been unable to find on the network any of the three previous versions of HQPe that I have used since buying my license.  Because I remain able to boot 4.27.2 even after changing the NUC from Windows to Ubuntu, I am even more baffled.

Were there any changes made to the .img for this version that could account for this differing result?

Did you search your network for a new IP address? My machine changed IP address when I switched to 4.28.0

No electron left behind.

16 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Did you search your network for a new IP address? My machine changed IP address when I switched to 4.28.0

Thanks.  I actually did, to no avail.

That said, I came back to this thread to note that, for whatever reason, HQPe finally showed up, although I still can't find it by entering "HQPlayer" on a browser.  I have to enter the IP address manually. I will reassign it the old stick's reserved IP address once I get it reconfigured. 

26 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Thanks.  I actually did, to no avail.

That said, I came back to this thread to note that, for whatever reason, HQPe finally showed up, although I still can't find it by entering "HQPlayer" on a browser.  I have to enter the IP address manually. I will reassign it the old stick's reserved IP address once I get it reconfigured. 

I don't know how you're set up, however I have an old monitor and usb keyboard I plug into the machine when I update just to see the console and any potential messages that may be of interest. While there you can type in "inconfig" and verify whether or not the IP has changed, and what it is.

No electron left behind.

Dec 6 2021 HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.28.0 released!
New CPU core allocation algorithm. Preliminary support for 12th Gen Intel CPUs.

Thank you for the nice Santa Claus present. It works great.

At the moment I have only activated the P-Cores (i9-12900K) to be able to use AVX512. The load is okay. Two cores are pinned for the modulators (approx. 70% per core at 4.0GHz).

SDM (DSD) poly-sinc-gauss-long ASDM7ECv2 12288000/1/2

42585517qo.jpeg

Under Windws 11 Pro, HQPlayer Desktop 4.14.0 distributes the load on the cores more evenly. What is better now? No idea.

42585525bv.png

With activated E-Cores, stuttering occurs and one core is heavily loaded. So that doesn't work on my i9-12900K

42585526cm.jpeg

Summary

With deactivated e-cores, HQPlayer Embedded works very well. The sound is very good.