IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

8 hours ago, caesee said:

Thanks, I tried yesterday just boot upboard with NAA OS and player on hqp.

Connect micro-B with my pc. and device call UAC 1.0 hqplayer show up.

But when i try my android phone xperia 1 II, the phone can`t recognize it.

You have playback started from the UAC 2 input in HQPlayer? And you have configured the USB port on UpBoard to be in device mode from UpBoard BIOS?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

26 minutes ago, Miska said:

That is kind of non-standard behavior.

Really, is it? If I remember correctly the long gone time of CD players, I thought on the first press of the back button they go to the beginning of the current track, with the second to the beginning of the previous, and so on, but could be wrong of course.

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

Why not use the "repeat single track" feature?

You mean from the Library view open the album and then select a specific track to play? That certainly works, but I have no continuous play there, i.e. it stops after every track and I have to manually select the next one.

Or do you mean the Repeat Single / Repeat All functionality? That to my understanding requires to let the track play until the end so it can start again from the beginning, I can't go back to the beginning while it's playing, right?

I also tried the Play button, thought that could as well restart the playback of the current file, but it has no effect.

As said, no major thing, just would be convenient if there would be a one button functionality to achieve this, just like "in the old days" (at least as I remember them...) instead of having to press back and forward, but of course that's doable as well.

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Miska 

using HPlayer Embedded 4.27.0 

sometimes the playback of an album is interrupted.
I was able to identify the point in the log where this happens (in yellow)
Do you have any idea why this happens?

thanks

5990D370-D39B-4E49-BDF1-06BBD6AA5109.jpeg

httphqplayer.locallog.pdf 40.57 kB · 1 download

I know this may be a dumb question, but I see ALAC in the file path. You aren't using Apple Lossless are you?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 hours ago, Bertel said:

Really, is it? If I remember correctly the long gone time of CD players, I thought on the first press of the back button they go to the beginning of the current track, with the second to the beginning of the previous, and so on, but could be wrong of course.

Not at least with the CD players or other player software what I've used.

Or do you mean the Repeat Single / Repeat All functionality? That to my understanding requires to let the track play until the end so it can start again from the beginning, I can't go back to the beginning while it's playing, right?

Yes, that one. You can try hitting next-button in that case. It could jump back to current track. I'm not sure.

As said, no major thing, just would be convenient if there would be a one button functionality to achieve this, just like "in the old days" (at least as I remember them...) instead of having to press back and forward, but of course that's doable as well.

I see it as pretty strange feature and don't really understand what kind of normal playback that would make sense.

If you want, you can always implement it through hqp-control2 or make your own specialized control application for such purposes.

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Miska 

using HPlayer Embedded 4.27.0 

sometimes the playback of an album is interrupted.
I was able to identify the point in the log where this happens (in yellow)
Do you have any idea why this happens?

Looks like some network problem. Hard to say what/why that happens. Connection just gets broken one way or the other.

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

I see it as pretty strange feature and don't really understand what kind of normal playback that would make sense.

Well, at least I do that all the time, e.g. when listening to a new album and I think „oh that beginning of the song or intro section was cool, let me listen to that again“.

But as said, don‘t worry and let‘s not bother, all good.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Not at least with the CD players or other player software what I've used.

If you want, you can always implement it through hqp-control2 or make your own specialized control application for such purposes.

That's odd.

Maybe it's a regional thing as I'm in the USA, but every single CD player I've ever used works that way. In fact, JRiver offers options for the Previous button - "CD Player Style" and "Previous Track Always". Roon works this way right now. It always has and offers no other option.

It offers a one-touch way to restart the track you're currently listening to (and presumably enjoying). That's something I do far more often than I go to the previous track on an album. If I want to hear a different track (such as the previous track), I just chose it directly. Next gets used if I'm scanning an album I don't know, but using Previous to exit the current track? Almost never. 

With this "CD Player Style", the Previous button offers both capabilities. It's very functional.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

2 hours ago, k6davis said:

That's odd.

Maybe it's a regional thing as I'm in the USA, but every single CD player I've ever used works that way. In fact, JRiver offers options for the Previous button - "CD Player Style" and "Previous Track Always". Roon works this way right now. It always has and offers no other option.

For example in Spotify and Apple Music apps, previous always goes to previous for me, and next always goes to next.

16 hours ago, Miska said:

You have playback started from the UAC 2 input in HQPlayer? And you have configured the USB port on UpBoard to be in device mode from UpBoard BIOS?

Yes. Select a audio:default/44100/2  and play then HQPlayer will upsample upboard input signal.

Pc will recognize naa as USB Audio 2.0 and everything is ok

Chromebook will recognize naa as UAC 1.0 .

But still android phone (xperia or oneplus) is not working ,nd i may try another ios device tomorrow.

And another question when i start plack back on HQPlayer, No matter which device will connect to upboard(NAA OS)

there is minimal noise.

here are several pics of my setting.

1.dac noise.

dac.thumb.png.67f50e598eead8907e83ebf51502557e.png

2 upboard bios setting

upboard.thumb.jpg.05f70e4574124682d7533b850642b27f.jpg

3 hqp setting and playback hqp.thumb.png.a1ff5561713be88f06433e7461b7f9c7.pnghqp.thumb.png.a1ff5561713be88f06433e7461b7f9c7.pngplayback.thumb.png.66ed3646e382f479fac34fa0585b3b49.png

3 naa log

naa.thumb.png.35917053f52e83a06bb1882026f7041e.png

THANKS AGAIN!!!

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Spotify app works like a CD player for me. Once I’m into a track far enough, the back button goes to the start of the track. 

Pretty annoying and not logical if you ask me... They should have a separate "restart track" button for such. Although I'm not fan of the overloaded pause/stop button either. At least at good old CD times there were separate pause and stop buttons like HQPlayer has.

2 minutes ago, caesee said:

And another question when i start plack back on HQPlayer, No matter which device will connect to upboard(NAA OS)

there is minimal noise.

here are several pics of my setting.

1.dac noise.

dac.thumb.png.67f50e598eead8907e83ebf51502557e.png

If that's with DSD output, it is due to ADI-2's metering showing DSD ultrasonic noise. That is entirely normal. You have that same if you play any normal track, and put HQPlayer in pause (without having "quick pause" option enabled).

I have HQ Player embedded installed on  a sonic transporter.  When I go into the configuration page, I see there is an option to add a library to HQ Player.  I typed in the path to my NAS in the form of \\NAS\My Music, but I am unable to add anything to the library.  All my music is stored on a synology NAS.

Any suggestions on how to add this path to my library?

2 hours ago, steveoat said:

I have HQ Player embedded installed on  a sonic transporter.  When I go into the configuration page, I see there is an option to add a library to HQ Player.  I typed in the path to my NAS in the form of \\NAS\My Music, but I am unable to add anything to the library.  All my music is stored on a synology NAS.

You need to mount the share first, and then point HQPlayer to the local mount point. I don't know how to mount SMB shares on sonicTransporter or where they are mounted. You need to consult SGC for details on that. But the default media path should be configured by the device vendor on the drop-list there.

Hi all,

I’m trying to run HQP OS from a thumb drive as I am having issues with my NVMe Drive. I installed the player on the drive but every time I boot my server is looking for Euphony and I don’t think its loading as a result. I have tried both the regular and .asc version. I’m sure I am doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks….Mike

On 11/18/2021 at 11:35 AM, steveoat said:

Do have the drive mounter app installed?

Go to Software Manager in the Apps tab.

Check installed Apps, if drive mounter is not shown, go to available Apps and install it.

After confirming if it is installed, go to the settings tab.

Select drive mounter, select the SMB tab, in SMB is where you will enter your NAS information, I believe that HQPlayer will tell you your path to add to the library so that it can scan for it.

This is also where you would select the USB tab to mount a USB drive.

Hopefully I have this right, my connected drive is USB.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
3 hours ago, BCRich said:

I’m trying to run HQP OS from a thumb drive as I am having issues with my NVMe Drive. I installed the player on the drive but every time I boot my server is looking for Euphony and I don’t think its loading as a result. I have tried both the regular and .asc version. I’m sure I am doing something wrong.

.asc is a cryptographic signature file to verify the image package.

You need to extract the image from .7z archive using 7-Zip. It contains two files. One is .img which is the raw storage device image. And associated .bmap file only useful for the bmaptool utility to speed up writing the image.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

You need to extract the image from .7z archive using 7-Zip. It contains two files. One is .img which is the raw storage device image. And associated .bmap file only useful for the bmaptool utility to speed up writing the image.

Hi Jussi,

I did as instructed. Still goes to the Bios screen. It seems like the Drive is not being recognized. I’m at a loss. I'll just use Roon for now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Hi Jussi,

I did as instructed. Still goes to the Bios screen. It seems like the Drive is not being recognized. I’m at a loss. I'll just use Roon for now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

I once had an issue where the unzip utility was unzipping 7.zip files improperly, but not giving any errors. It nearly drive me crazy until I figured it out. So...

How are you unzipping the file? I was on Linux and the only tool that unzipped it properly was the official 7.zip tool.

No electron left behind.

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

How are you unzipping the file? I was on Linux and the only tool that unzipped it properly was the official 7.zip tool.

Hi @AudioDoctor

I am using the Program Jussi recommended via my Windows 10Pro LapTop. I think there might be an issue with the Thumb Drive, it is in a state where windows can’t read or determine the size of the Volume.