IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

5 hours ago, alec_eiffel said:

Thank you Miska. I need CUDA so I went with Ubuntu Server 18.04, fully updated, installed CUDA, libgmpris, then HQPlayer Embedded.

But no web browser to go ahead with config. I have tried this from an online tutorial but got an error :

Any clue ?

Please check that folder "~/.hqplayer" exists and that the userid you are using has write access to it.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi @Miska

For HQP Embedded version can you please add a 'max volume' option to the Config page?

I'm now playing with convolution for DRC using HQP for digital volume control (USB DAC direct connected to power amps).

I'm awfully afraid of... you know... boom.

I use Roon and mConnect to control HQPlayer's volume. I'm especially concerned about mConnect (phone/tablet volume buttons going to max volume).

I already set start-up volume at a low value of course.

Being able to set maximum volume (like Desktop version) would make me much less anxious.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, asdf1000 said:

For HQP Embedded version can you please add a 'max volume' option to the Config page?

I'm now playing with convolution for DRC using HQP for digital volume control (USB DAC direct connected to power amps).

I'm awfully afraid of... you know... boom.

I use Roon and mConnect to control HQPlayer's volume. I'm especially concerned about mConnect (phone/tablet volume buttons going to max volume).

I already set start-up volume at a low value of course.

Being able to set maximum volume (like Desktop version) would make me much less anxious.

I've intentionally left out some of the volume settings from the config page, but these can be set by manually editing the configuration file.

Some of the settings are intended to be set by the device manufacturer and that's why they are not in the config page.

For some cases it is not clear cut which way is better... I need to think about this and it's pros and cons.

In the latest version of HQPlayer Embedded 4.18.0, performance has deteriorated.

On the lightweight i7-8700T (2.4GHz) processor with version 4.17.1, I could listen to the sinc-S ASDM7EC DSD256. The load on two processor cores did not exceed 95%.

image.png.919d4f6f9a1bbbbd9aeca3a3780237b4.png

With version 4.18.0, the sound is greatly interrupted.

image.png.75f274e9b7b53291275e40d02eb34c79.png

DSD DAC DSC2http://puredsd.ru

11 hours ago, tieuphi2006 said:

How to install hqplayer 4 embedded

I'm install it on Ubuntu 18.04 but it's not run.

First download the .deb packages for bionic (Ubuntu 18.04), both hqplayerd and libgmpris. Then you can use "sudo dpkg -i" to install the packages. It will likely complain about missing dependencies before configure stage, so then do "sudo apt install -f" which will pull the dependencies and finish the installation.

You can use "sudo systemctl enable hqplayerd" to enable it to be started at boot time. And then use "sudo systemctl start hqplayerd" to start it immediately without rebooting.

If this sounds complicated, you can also use the provided HQPlayer OS image and just dump it on a USB memory stick and boot it up. No installation needed.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

First download the .deb packages for bionic (Ubuntu 18.04), both hqplayerd and libgmpris. Then you can use "sudo dpkg -i" to install the packages. It will likely complain about missing dependencies before configure stage, so then do "sudo apt install -f" which will pull the dependencies and finish the installation.

You can use "sudo systemctl enable hqplayerd" to enable it to be started at boot time. And then use "sudo systemctl start hqplayerd" to start it immediately without rebooting.

If this sounds complicated, you can also use the provided HQPlayer OS image and just dump it on a USB memory stick and boot it up. No installation needed.

Sorry I do that but I don't know how to add key HQplayer embedded because of my misstake something's

And use HQplayer OS image, I'm not find ip address..

I just think about it so easy install HQplayer embedded and I don't know why me to wrong.

7 hours ago, tieuphi2006 said:

Help me!

hqplayerd -s username password ( -s or -u)

I'm not login use and pass

I use -u but I can't login.

What is use pas login ?

For system-wide context (when hqplayerd runs as a service), you need to use "sudo hqplayerd -s username password". Once it has been set, you need to either restart the service with "sudo systemctl restart hqplayerd", or reboot the system. This makes hqplayerd reread the credentials file.

11 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

This option doesn't work with Parallels and Mac OS.

I'm running Windows 10 and Ubuntu Studio, but HQPlayer OS image doesn't work!

I have not used Parallels, but the image needs EFI boot. If Parallels defaults to old BIOS boot, then it won't work. But there could be config option for that.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

I have not used Parallels, but the image needs EFI boot. If Parallels defaults to old BIOS boot, then it won't work. But there could be config option for that.

Would you test with Parallels?

I tried debian, fedora, windows, ubuntu server, ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 studio and everything else works fine.

When I install HQP OS it doesn't create a virtual machine and says there is no OS installed.

I put also the image in a pen drive and my Lenovo notebook also doesn't boot with HqP OS.

Another question: why not a minimal GUI for use HQP OS as stand alone?

Thank you so much for your time and kindly attention...

I'm using HQPlayer embedded on ubuntu and have a Joplin MKIII plugged in as a real-time source for 384kbit/32bit audio.

When I select "USB Audio Class 2" as input it fails to select and I get this message in the logs. How can I fix this?

2020/06/18 06:29:19 Close previous transport
& 2020/06/18 06:29:19 Set transport (5): USB Audio Class 2
  2020/06/18 06:29:19 	found matching input: USB Audio Class 2
  2020/06/18 06:29:19 Audio transport: rate=0 channels=2 format=auto buffer=100
  2020/06/18 06:29:19 Input SDM packing: 1
+ 2020/06/18 06:29:19 UAC2 input engine initializing...
# 2020/06/18 06:29:19 clReadAudio::Open(): clUAC2Engine::Initialize(): UAC2::Open(): No such file or directory.
& 2020/06/18 06:29:19 Play
# 2020/06/18 06:29:19 clPlayerDaemon::SwitchInput(): clHQPlayerEngine::Play(): Transport == NULL
8 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Would you test with Parallels?

I tried debian, fedora, windows, ubuntu server, ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 studio and everything else works fine.

Those still support legacy BIOS boot. HQPlayer OS requires EFI boot. I've tested with VirtualBox where you have option to use EFI instead of default legacy boot.

But note that virtual machines are not supported environment for running any HQPlayer version. Only running on bare hardware is.

I put also the image in a pen drive and my Lenovo notebook also doesn't boot with HqP OS.

It likely boots for example on Mac, although not really supported. Does your Lenovo have EFI boot enabled in BIOS settings and the pen drive selected as boot device?

Another question: why not a minimal GUI for use HQP OS as stand alone?

There is the web interface and HQPlayer Client remote. HQPlayer OS is designed to be minimal "device firmware" specifically not to have or require any graphics support. If one wants to have minimal graphics, that can be achieved better with some light version of Ubuntu or Fedora and installing HQPlayer Desktop.

2 hours ago, Bayan said:

I'm using HQPlayer embedded on ubuntu and have a Joplin MKIII plugged in as a real-time source for 384kbit/32bit audio.

When I select "USB Audio Class 2" as input it fails to select and I get this message in the logs. How can I fix this?

You need to add one <input> device line to hqplayerd.xml for the Joplin to make it visible as input device for HQPlayer Embedded. There are some example items already in the file. You can use "arecord -l" command to see the device id which is the first item listed between "card X:" and the longer name in square brackets.

USB Audio Class 2 feature is one that makes HQPlayer Embedded look like a USB DAC for when connected to another computer. However this requires correct type of hardware that has USB device side port.

9 minutes ago, tieuphi2006 said:

Help me how to connect hqpe to Nas Synology?

Is your NAS mounted onto your Ubuntu computer? If not, you may need to edit the fstab file.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab

If it is already mounted, you can usually just drag-and-drop album folder from file manager into HQP. As mentioned earlier, Roon can do all this and provides a much better UI.