IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

If you are not familiar working with Linux command line, for dealing with NAS connection and such it is better to use the HQPlayer OS image which provides web interface for doing it.

You scan content to the library on /library page. You can browse and search the library and control playback, discover address of the HQPlayer Embedded, etc using HQPlayer Client (bundled with HQPlayer Desktop and can be installed separately).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 6/20/2020 at 3:30 PM, Bayan said:

Why does Sinc-L work with Roon, but it doesn’t work with USB input (where hqplayer acts as a DAC)? I’m doing PCM 384/32 to PCM 192/24 from USB input.

Sinc-M works with the USB input still

@Miska do you know why this doesn't work?

It doesn't seem it's about running smoothly, it doesn't even show as playing or show the bitrates on the general screen in that mode (i've never seen this before). I have 64GB of ram and over 50GB free. I've used other settings where it's too slow to run smoothly and the bitrates still show.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

I think there is not enough buffer to run it smoothly. If such happens, you may need to choose another filter. I've tested poly-sinc-ext2 for example to work fine.

I checked and both CPU and RAM usage are low. There is some kind of bug it seems in Sinc-L when downsampling from USB. Sinc-M and Sinc-S work fine

Trying a Fiio K5 Pro and have some dsd issues

1. DSD works from my cubox using NAA image but doesn't work from my HP Prodesk, PCM 768k work fine.  The HP shows Format: SPECIAL but is missing DSD_U32_BE.  I am running Archlinux with the latest kernel.  Anything else I need to load or is it a hardware limitation from the usb ports?

2. Maybe a bug, hqp-control2 localhost --set-invert 1 doesn't seem to work with Embedded version 4.18.0.  Also is dsd wavpack support still on your todo list?

3. I am trying to maximize efficiency since I have a slow i5 cpu and the Fiio K5 Pro doesn't seem to do 48k dsd, it appears to work but plays static. I understand this is common, but I will email the company about a firmware update.  On the plus side it seems to mute between sample rate changes, etc.

4. I don't believe the Fiio runs in dsd bypass mode so would PCM 768 or SDM 256 be the best choice for the AKM 4493 not running in bypass mode?  I think someone said the SDM 256 measures better than 512 for the AK4493.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, tieuphi2006 said:

Help me again please!

Hqpe os how to change ip 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0

Hqpe on Ubuntu it's not sound and I'm not add library.

I'm try google but I can't make its playing.

Thanks miska again!

Untitled Document 1 67.22 kB · 5 downloads

thank miska..so I can log hqpe ang add libral music

sudo mkdir /audio/84278ace-1cc1-4bbd-9e3d-99910e199958

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=guest,password=duong1234,vers=1.0 //192.168.0.41/music /audio/84278ace-1cc1-4bbd-9e3d-99910e199958

On 7/1/2020 at 12:47 PM, audiofool said:

Trying a Fiio K5 Pro and have some dsd issues
5. Another addition to my above post, @miska, if hqplayer embedded are paused and I try to ff or rewind both versions become non responsive.  To pause, I tried hqp-control2 with embedd and the mouse with desktop.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:54 AM, tieuphi2006 said:

thank miska..so I can log hqpe ang add libral music

sudo mkdir /audio/84278ace-1cc1-4bbd-9e3d-99910e199958

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=guest,password=duong1234,vers=1.0 //192.168.0.41/music /audio/84278ace-1cc1-4bbd-9e3d-99910e199958

On HQPlayer OS, there's an option in HQPlayer web interface to add a network share that will automatically get mounted on each reboot.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:47 PM, audiofool said:

1. DSD works from my cubox using NAA image but doesn't work from my HP Prodesk, PCM 768k work fine.  The HP shows Format: SPECIAL but is missing DSD_U32_BE.  I am running Archlinux with the latest kernel.  Anything else I need to load or is it a hardware limitation from the usb ports?

Which Linux version are you using? This sounds like the kernel you are using doesn't support FiiO.

2. Maybe a bug, hqp-control2 localhost --set-invert 1 doesn't seem to work with Embedded version 4.18.0.  Also is dsd wavpack support still on your todo list?

It should work, how did you verify it?

3. I am trying to maximize efficiency since I have a slow i5 cpu and the Fiio K5 Pro doesn't seem to do 48k dsd, it appears to work but plays static. I understand this is common, but I will email the company about a firmware update.  On the plus side it seems to mute between sample rate changes, etc.

Yes, it is very common, but luckily most poly-sinc filters can convert between rate families, so you can easily stick to 44.1k DSD without massive increase in CPU load.

4. I don't believe the Fiio runs in dsd bypass mode so would PCM 768 or SDM 256 be the best choice for the AKM 4493 not running in bypass mode?  I think someone said the SDM 256 measures better than 512 for the AK4493.

If it is not in bypass mode, it is better to run it at 705.6/768k PCM. And that will save you also a lot of CPU time.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:20 AM, Bayan said:

It doesn't seem it's about running smoothly, it doesn't even show as playing or show the bitrates on the general screen in that mode (i've never seen this before). I have 64GB of ram and over 50GB free. I've used other settings where it's too slow to run smoothly and the bitrates still show.

It likely stops with an error, you could check the log file if there are some errors. Amount of RAM doesn't matter here, HQPlayer Embedded doesn't use a lot of memory.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, Le Concombre Masqué said:

@Miska Hi Miska, I have experimental sets of convolution in Matrix and Delete does not work (4.18.01) : even after a restart they are still listed

Fixed now for next release. Seems like I have broken it. Note that the the uploaded filters are not deleted/cleaned up, since that's a bit complicated thing and I don't want to accidentally delete something that shouldn't be deleted. I need to think about how to manage existing filter files, maybe some new page where you can explicitly delete items you don't want and upload custom named ones.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:17 AM, Miska said:

Which Linux version are you using? This sounds like the kernel you are using doesn't support FiiO.

It should work, how did you verify it?

If it is not in bypass mode, it is better to run it at 705.6/768k PCM. And that will save you also a lot of CPU time.

I'm on 5.7.7-arch1-1

I think it was status or get-status that shows a 1 in Desktop when inverted but always 0 in Embedded.

I think it sounds better in sdm mode, wish there was a way to know if it was working in bypass mode.

Also, when sending sdm to sdm the volume is approx 6db louder than pcm to sdm and sdm to pcm.  I have dsd_6db="0" is this normal with sdm to sdm upsampling?

2 hours ago, audiofool said:

I think it sounds better in sdm mode, wish there was a way to know if it was working in bypass mode.

If there's a setting to set the DSD filter corner frequency, it is in bypass mode.

But it could be that they are using the DAC chips volume control and that's why it is not in bypass mode.

2 hours ago, audiofool said:

Also, when sending sdm to sdm the volume is approx 6db louder than pcm to sdm and sdm to pcm.  I have dsd_6db="0" is this normal with sdm to sdm upsampling?

It should be same as pcm to sdm. And same as if you set dsd_6db="1" for sdm to pcm case. In bypass mode, AKM chips have DSD volume -3.5 dB lower than PCM volume when PCM volume is turned to 0 dBFS. Thus in such case, setting PCM volume to -3.5 dB produces same output level for both.

sdm to sdm volume follows your HQPlayer volume setting just like the other cases too.

21 hours ago, Miska said:

If there's a setting to set the DSD filter corner frequency, it is in bypass mode.

But it could be that they are using the DAC chips volume control and that's why it is not in bypass mode.

It should be same as pcm to sdm. And same as if you set dsd_6db="1" for sdm to pcm case. In bypass mode, AKM chips have DSD volume -3.5 dB lower than PCM volume when PCM volume is turned to 0 dBFS. Thus in such case, setting PCM volume to -3.5 dB produces same output level for both.

sdm to sdm volume follows your HQPlayer volume setting just like the other cases too.

No dsd options  https://fiio.com/k5pro

They are using a NJW1195 chip for volume after the dac, seems like they are converting sdm to pcm in the xmos chip since sdm output is louder than pcm output for a sdm file.

Thanks for the details on sdm vs pcm volume, sdm mode has about a 6db gain vs pcm instead of -3.5db in sdm mode, which was confusing me. 

I tried your NAA image on my HP ProDesk, DSD_U32_BE shows up.  Something missing with the Archlinux kernel so not a hardware issue.

I am now trying to decide between TPDF at 32 bits or LNS15 at 19 bits at 768k. 

Thanks Miska

7 hours ago, audiofool said:

No dsd options  https://fiio.com/k5pro

They are using a NJW1195 chip for volume after the dac, seems like they are converting sdm to pcm in the xmos chip since sdm output is louder than pcm output for a sdm file.

That would be really strange with a DAC chip that supports DSD... From the hardware architecture perspective I don't see a reason why they wouldn't run the chip in DSD Direct mode.

7 hours ago, audiofool said:

I am now trying to decide between TPDF at 32 bits or LNS15 at 19 bits at 768k.

Why not LNS15 at 32 bits?