35 minutes ago, mozes said:

Emmm reading how you manage your wireless network, I realize that my wireless is a big mess!

I have around 13 to 15 devices connected to my router wirelessly. Most are on 5G but that's it. I need a newbie course I guess in wifi management :)

Does this really matter to Tidal SQ if I have the TP-Link bridge? 

It is well worth the effort to add devices to the whitelist (prioritize) and blacklist (block), to ensure that only audio- and video devices uses the 5Ghz network (everything else on 2,4Ghz) and separate different wireless network devices to separate channels (if possible). The problem with your TP-Link bridge is that it is 2,4Ghz only, but your Asus bridge will cure that! ?

All these things are only made to maximize speed and minimize interferences. How it affects sq depends on your specific network. Impossible to say, bit worth the hassle! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

40 minutes ago, mozes said:

I just got this idea to try, why not remove the BK IT from LPS powering the main router and plug the modem to it. This way both my router (LPS)and modem (IT) will have some sort of clean power. 

Too many scenarios to test!

The best of both worlds would be to connect both to the BK IT. I would'nt know if that is possible due to distance though.

🎛️  Audio System  

Since I live in an appartment I actually have the other day proceedure with Netgears app WiFi analytics. I check to make sure that none of my close neighbours are using the same wifi channels for their own wifi. If I spot that my channels is used by others I change it to another channel higher than the recommended ones to ensure it is only me using them. If you do not have close neighbours this is not needed, but if you do I recommend to do so from time to time. It will ensure best possible wifi speed.?

🎛️  Audio System  

41 minutes ago, Cornan said:

It is well worth the effort to add devices to the whitelist (prioritize) and blacklist (block), to ensure that only audio- and video devices uses the 5Ghz network (everything else on 2,4Ghz) and separate different wireless network devices to separate channels (if possible). The problem with your TP-Link bridge is that it is 2,4Ghz only, but your Asus bridge will cure that! ?

All these things are only made to maximize speed and minimize interferences. How it affects sq depends on your specific network. Impossible to say, bit worth the hassle! ?

So how do you categorize smart phones and tablets? :)

4 minutes ago, mozes said:

So how do you categorize smart phones and tablets? :)

If used as a control point or playing music at home= 5Ghz 

If not= 2,4Ghz

This normally mean that my devices (incl Apple TV)= 5Ghz and everyone else= 2,4Ghz ?

🎛️  Audio System  

47 minutes ago, Cornan said:

The best of both worlds would be to connect both to the BK IT. I would'nt know if that is possible due to distance though.

You just gave me a great idea! I can move the modem next to the router with more minimal trouble

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

If used as a control point or playing music at home= 5Ghz 

If not= 2,4Ghz

This normally mean that my devices (incl Apple TV)= 5Ghz and everyone else= 2,4Ghz ?

This means that only my phone and tablet should be on 5Ghz with the Asus bridge and everything else should be either hardwired or 2.4Ghz

1 minute ago, mozes said:

This means that only my phone and tablet should be on 5Ghz with the Asus bridge and everything else should be either hardwired or 2.4Ghz

Yes, that sounds about right if you are not using WiFi for any other video streaming devices like Netflix etc.

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

The way I see it adding another wireless adapter post AQVOX with a separate SSID + channel and connect the DAP-1620 exclusively to that will do the same thing right, or am I missing something?

Yes, that should work.

But guys - let me reiterate - after all the care you've taken to isolate power, please double check whether your wireless bridges are still buying you anything. Perhaps that bought you an SQ bump in the past, but it may be moot now.

If you're operating on the theory that your Aqvox switch improves signal integrity, then adding a wifi bridge after it may negate that benefit.

1 minute ago, austinpop said:

Yes, that should work.

But guys - let me reiterate - after all the care you've taken to isolate power, please double check whether your wireless bridges are still buying you anything. Perhaps that bought you an SQ bump in the past, but it may be moot now.

If you're operating on the theory that your Aqvox switch improves signal integrity, then adding a wifi bridge after it may negate that benefit.

I hear you! ? I am aware that adding a router or wireless adapter post the AQVOX switch is not a 100% optimal solution. I am just hoping it could possibly improve upon my low budget setup as well, ie. better than without the AQVOX. Plus it is a fun experiment! ?

The main setup would still be "untouched" by this addition.

I will 100% re-evaluate it again, but before I strip-down I want to build it all the way to the top! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Yes, that should work.

good point!

I am now using the wireless bridge for convenience as wiring ethernet cable to my basement is not an easy task. Given that most of the time I use my locally stored music, I decided that this is not a priority for now

I just thought of one thing to try first to see if it will can provide a clue to if the AQVOX can improve my low budget setup as well as my main setup.

Since I own a ASUS USB N-53 (USB wireless adapter) I will see if it will work with the Chromecast audio with OTG power host for improved reception (since CCA is located inside a bench with open back but closed front doors).

Asus_USB-AC53_review.thumb.jpg.060a81d06ee0ddd52839c08cbdbf5aef.jpg

I will move my D-Link DAP-1620 post the AQVOX switch to get an idea if this improves SQ on my low budget setup without affecting SQ on my main setup. The DAP-1620 will be connected to my Peaktech 2240 IT with floating secondary like the TP-Link RE450 pre the AQVOX & Aries Mini.

I just cross my fingers that the USB N-53 will work. I have'nt found any evidence online that it will....but that only makes it more fun to these eyes! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Hmmm, I just quickly scanned through Aqvox website and found these LAN-Detoxers in their Voodoo-Corner :

http://www.myhifishop.de/Voodoo-Corner/AQVOX-LAN-Detoxer-RJ45-Caps-LAN-Caps-Network-Decontamination::79.html

58fa18ca15a85_AQVOXLAN-Detoxer.thumb.jpg.00c30fb2bf5dd5ecd886cd46bd11501e.jpg

I just have to order those! I am not a tweaker for nothing! :ph34r:

On the other hand these from AQ is a lot cheaper! http://www.audiocomav.co.uk/noise-stoppers/354-audioquest-rj45-noise-stopper-caps.html 

There is always choises! :) 

🎛️  Audio System  

52 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Hmmm, I just quickly scanned through Aqvox website and found these LAN-Detoxers in their Voodoo-Corner :

http://www.myhifishop.de/Voodoo-Corner/AQVOX-LAN-Detoxer-RJ45-Caps-LAN-Caps-Network-Decontamination::79.html

58fa18ca15a85_AQVOXLAN-Detoxer.thumb.jpg.00c30fb2bf5dd5ecd886cd46bd11501e.jpg

I just have to order those! I am not a tweaker for nothing! :ph34r:

On the other hand these from AQ is a lot cheaper! http://www.audiocomav.co.uk/noise-stoppers/354-audioquest-rj45-noise-stopper-caps.html 

There is always choises! :) 

I would put my money on AQVOX, I have faith in this brand after trying their switch

Looks pretty much like those you can easily get on Ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/10x-RJ45-LAN-DSL-Netzwerk-Dose-Staubschutz-Schutz-Abdeckung-Kappe-Caps-Cover-/301641728862?hash=item463b3f835e:g:78cAAOSwQItT9GrE

Maybe it´s possible to order some "diamond-fakes" somewhere else.

PS: I own the Aqvox Switch myself and like it very much (computer -> Switch -> MicroRendu). And I also got two Detoxer (not really sure if they change the sound - I wanted to believe it when I inserted them - and I thought in the first moment that they added a little more depth in the soundstage).

I have RCA and XLR noise stopper caps in my system. I cannot honestly say they made a difference in the SQ at all, but I like the idea and the price was modest, because Audioquest RCA caps come in packs of 10.

I have never tried RJ45 or USB caps. It would be interesting to see if these help. The price point is rather steep, though. compared to the RCA caps.

1 hour ago, mozes said:

I would put my money on AQVOX, I have faith in this brand after trying their switch

Me too! However, when I first looked at the I thought they were 19,90/6 pcs. Now when I know more I'll need to think about it for a while! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

59 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I have RCA and XLR noise stopper caps in my system. I cannot honestly say they made a difference in the SQ at all, but I like the idea and the price was modest, because Audioquest RCA caps come in packs of 10.

I have never tried RJ45 or USB caps. It would be interesting to see if these help. The price point is rather steep, though. compared to the RCA caps.

I use Russ Andrews RCA noise stoppers on my streamer & DAC. Helped a tiny bit on the Aries Mini (vague difference) and nada on the Pioneer U-05. But, I do not give up easily. Those AQVOX have good quality crystals. I know because I am a buyer in that perticular business. What can go wrong? ?

I am using the AQ Jitterbug as a noise stoppers as well. The best use for it I can tell you! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, Cornan said:

I use Russ Andrews RCA noise stoppers on my streamer & DAC. Helped a tiny bit on the Aries Mini (vague difference) and nada on the Pioneer U-05. But, I do not give up easily. Those AQVOX have good quality crystals. I know because I am a buyer in that perticular business. What can go wrong? ?

I am using the AQ Jitterbug as a noise stoppers as well. The best use for it I can tell you! ?

The AQ JB is very good, I still use it on one of the vacant USB ports on Nimitra, it does make a difference. but not in the active USB ports, it softens the sparkle of the highs

1 hour ago, yellowblue said:

Looks pretty much like those you can easily get on Ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/10x-RJ45-LAN-DSL-Netzwerk-Dose-Staubschutz-Schutz-Abdeckung-Kappe-Caps-Cover-/301641728862?hash=item463b3f835e:g:78cAAOSwQItT9GrE

Maybe it´s possible to order some "diamond-fakes" somewhere else.

PS: I own the Aqvox Switch myself and like it very much (computer -> Switch -> MicroRendu). And I also got two Detoxer (not really sure if they change the sound - I wanted to believe it when I inserted them - and I thought in the first moment that they added a little more depth in the soundstage).

Hmmm, eBay dust plugs does'nt count! ?

Thanks for the insight with Aqvox switch and Detoxer. I am truly looking forward to receive mine from @mozes. I feel like a kid waiting to enter the candy store right now! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Just now, Cornan said:

Hmmm, eBay dust plugs does'nt count! ?

Thanks for the insight with Aqvox switch and Detoxer. I am truly looking forward to receive mine from @mozes. I feel like a kid waiting to enter the candy store right now! ?

I don't know why Swedish customs take so long, I am lucky customs are very efficient in Canada, my items rarely stay more than 2-3 hours with customs before release.