A quick listen while drinking my morning coffee was enough to confirm that the star quad sounds better than the Alpha-18 on my low budget setup. The control device connected to the main router instead of to the wireless adapter cleared a fog and the star quad clear it even more plus added a wider and more detailed presentation. Nice! Thanks to @JohnSwenson for suggesting the star quad! ?

IMG_5922.thumb.JPG.70fb01e87b9a3cc6dabefe7277a12a99.JPG

The silver box on the picture is my DIY 9v battery grounder with tourmaline stones.

🎛️  Audio System  

6 hours ago, Cornan said:

A quick listen while drinking my morning coffee was enough to confirm that the star quad sounds better than the Alpha-18 on my low budget setup. The control device connected to the main router instead of to the wireless adapter cleared a fog and the star quad clear it even more plus added a wider and more detailed presentation. Nice! Thanks to @JohnSwenson for suggesting the star quad! ?

IMG_5922.thumb.JPG.70fb01e87b9a3cc6dabefe7277a12a99.JPG

The silver box on the picture is my DIY 9v battery grounder with tourmaline stones.

Great stuff I will get a star quad cable for my DIY projects then :)

The star quad have given me problems as well. I'll need to start thinking about how to change all my battery DC cables to star quads? They are all short ones coming straight from the battery or USB A to USB B micro.  Both will need either good soldering skills or adapters to work, and I do not fancy any of those options.:/

🎛️  Audio System  

19 minutes ago, Cornan said:

The star quad have given me problems as well. I'll need to start thinking about how to change all my battery DC cables to star quads? They are all short ones coming straight from the battery or USB A to USB B micro.  Both will need either good soldering skills or adapters to work, and I do not fancy any of those options.:/

Soldering USB cables, this is still a far fetch for me. Imagine soldering micro usb :)

2 minutes ago, mozes said:

Soldering USB cables, this is still a far fetch for me. Imagine soldering micro usb :)

The USB A is no problem. I have screw terminal version. It is the USB micro that really scares me! ;)

BTW. If you want to order the Canare 4S6 you better hurry up. Looks like they are running out of stock. I just manage to order 10 feets! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

After reading a little bit about the Audioquest RJ45 noise stoppers I found out that they are actually not shorting plugs but grounding plugs.

This gave me the idea to maybe order these ones instead http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ubiquiti-TC-GND-ToughCable-Connectors-w-ground-cable-RJ45-CAT6-CAT5E-STP-20pcs-/172523674098?hash=item282b3659f2:g:qxsAAOxyIYhSZBLH and attach the o-rings to the grounding screw in the back of the AQVOX switch which will be connected to my Entreq Minimus grounding box.

s-l300.thumb.jpg.b1120615081fc31d5531569ea6f8af52.jpg

This is much more like my kind of tweak! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

After reading a little bit about the Audioquest RJ45 noise stoppers I found out that they are actually not shorting plugs but grounding plugs.

This gave me the idea to maybe order these ones instead http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ubiquiti-TC-GND-ToughCable-Connectors-w-ground-cable-RJ45-CAT6-CAT5E-STP-20pcs-/172523674098?hash=item282b3659f2:g:qxsAAOxyIYhSZBLH and attach the o-rings to the grounding screw in the back of the AQVOX switch which will be connected to my Entreq Minimus grounding box.

Classic @Cornan tweak! Should be fun to see what this does.

42 minutes ago, austinpop said:

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Simply Brilliant!

I am in :)

41 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Yes it is! I have'nt ordered them just yet...but I will. I am actually expecting a lot from this tweak! ?

I did a small change with my DIY battery grounding box today. I changed the 3,5mm TRS to a small crocodile clip on the end of the grounding wire and attached it to the safety ground on one of the two star grounded outlets in my Naim Music Line powetstrip. Yay! I found the weak spot in my low budget setup. A massive overall improvement! ?

IMG_5923.thumb.JPG.a67d3009c74974219d8b0a2ff80c97db.JPG

IMG_5924.thumb.JPG.1a3e118e8858bdbc2e3d02c602d81d3c.JPG

🎛️  Audio System  

6 minutes ago, mozes said:

Simply Brilliant!

I am in :)

Hold your horses until I have tried it! I will order them asap. I just want to find the one with best freight charges first. I simply dislike when the freight charge is higher than the product! ?

I do expect that something good will come out of this, but all bets are off! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

10 minutes ago, mozes said:

Do you mean the outer metal barrels on cat7/8?

Yes, it need to be Cat7/Cat8 with metal barrels to work. There is also Cat6a with metal barrels though. I would assume that the grounding RJ45 works better though. 

🎛️  Audio System  

17 minutes ago, mozes said:

Thats great I have a long cat7 cable that I don't need. It seems this cable will go to the operating room :)

Great! Go for it and do not forget to report back on any results, good or bad! ?

I actually have a Supra Cat7+ and a Audioquest Cat6a that I can sacrifice for science as well! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, austinpop said:

Now your GF can buy you jewelry too.

Here you go, honey - a set of 6 pure silver RJ45 ground cables - happy birthday/anniversary/whatever!

:D

Yeah, that would be the day! ?

Good idea, but it is enough for my GF to suspect that it is hifi related to hate everything about it! ?

🎛️  Audio System