IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

8 hours ago, loop7 said:

More and more albums in my TIDAL collection and playlists which were MQA for years are now appearing as CD. 

It's mostly Universal which covers DG and Decca.

We are only weeks away from TIDAL's high resolution introduction, correct?

Are they watermarked though? Last I checked, many albums were messed up this way regardless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Fx Studio said:

Nope, I have been talking about it since I discovered it back more than 2 years ago and started asking about it. Its all documented on Golden Sound and Amir's YT channel in the comments section.

In more technical terms - Alcons PA ribbons produce what known as an all-natural cylindrical (Isophasic) wavefront) the sound is everywhere as can be heard in the LR24 test I posted above. That's the big difference that allows the MQA time smearing correction to be easily heard. 

I certainly believe that you're hearing a difference, but you're wrong about it being from "time smearing correction". We know now for a fact that MQA does, if anything the opposite.

19 hours ago, Fx Studio said:

I said that the MQA's are the best quality when output using the MQA Plugin direct of the DAW - which electronic music uses exclusively. Not that there was something special about electronic music persae. 

PA system project over greater distances and that's what shows up the difference in time domain info - there are graphs on MQA's website explaining it.

You posted an example of music available in MQA that is electronic when discussing time-domain information. That shows that you don't understand what it is. 

Near everything on MQA's site is bullshit, or contradicts their own claims. 

Heck, a pair of Airpods Pro does a better job of time domain correction than anything MQA wasn't ever capable of. Put a pair in and switch them to transparent mode. You can hear where everything around you is as if you only had a bit of cotton wool in your ears.