IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

It is incredible. Since 2014 MQA has been hiding behind smoke and mirrors. They have time after time put out "suggestions" that have been analyzed and been found wanting. Their whole scheme has been shown to be deceptive and to be pure BS. And yet, there are people who follow.

I have to wonder how many of the posts of people supporting MQA are actual users.

The whole scheme is just so full of Bob Stuart.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

In this world there are leaders and there are followers.

There are people that listen to unadulterated Hi-Rez PCM and there are people who listen to MQA.

There are people who rise up and there are people who accept the "Tot".

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

Looking at the future of music, do you want to only have access to MQA?

Do you want MQA to be the ones that decide what you will or will not have?

Do you want the people from RMAF 2018 to be the ones that control the distribution of music?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

On 4/27/2021 at 10:03 PM, Gus141 said:

Bravo Chris. I don’t log in much anymore and post anything, but I still read AS daily. Thank you for not being afraid, even as a founder of the site, to express your well-informed opinion. Whether it’s MQA, Bluesound, Amazon Music HD, or about the summit-fi manufacturers, you say it like it is, or at least how you see it. Thanks for keeping it real.  And your comment on Roon and MQA and possible relations with BS is something I’ve always wondered and quietly wished would be addressed here.

To be honest, I’ve always wondered why @keenObserver didn’t include “Boycott Roon” in his “Boycott Warner, Boycott TIDAL” signature. I boycott Roon, and maybe if more people did, that would have a bigger impact on MQA/TIDAL’s success. 

Is there MQA without Tidal?

Is there Tidal without Roon?

Perhaps it is time to scrutinize Roon.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Roon insists on having the streaming service appear totally integrated into it's UI. Understandable, since the UI is sort of the main selling point. This means the streaming service has to give up it's branding/look and UI, and has to allow Roon full access to it's database.

So far only Tidal and Qobuz are willing. 

Amazon doesn't care. Roon said they didn't even respond to enquiries.

Spotify will never do it - their UI is their money maker, and Roon isn't big enough to matter to them.

Same for the others.

Maybe in the future Roon will compromise with a special window within it's UI for one or more of the streaming services - but don't hold your breath. They seem to be doing quite well appealing to their audience with just Tidal and Qobuz.

Roon's competitors need to put out a better product with a better UI. They need to connect to a better service than Tidal.  And they certainly need to put out a better product than MQA, which is an easy task.

Outstanding software connected to a prime service putting out High-Rez music would be the audiophile's dream. It would certainly outclass Roon supporting Tidal and MQA.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook