IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

P.S. I’ve always thought the Ever Given was sabotaged. Those boats all have auto pilot to keep them where they’re supposed to be. 

I doubt they use auto pilot in a canal that tight.

I haven't really investigated it, but if the engine failed, as I have heard, it makes sense that it would drift/be pushed by the wind. In a canal that narrow, that can never end well.

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If we have Qobuz, Amazon HD, Deezer lossless, Spotify lossless, and Apple HiFi, I can’t see a reason why anyone would use Tidal. Nothing beats paying more and getting less. 

Roon has been promoting artists in their Instagram stories as well as their feed, and it strongly favors TIDAL.

No electron left behind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, JoshM said:

I hope one of our tech sluths can figure out of the Qobuz and HDT files are MQA-free. 

This is a release I was really looking forward to…

AS I see it, if they mastered (ruined) the entire project with MQA they could then convert it into any format they wanted but the damage would already be done. It could be a FLAC file with no MQA except in the mastering.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, mrjktcvs said:

I'm not sure who else distributes MQA-processed files besides Tidal, but technical discussions are a non-starter for me when they have holes in their catalog. What other ubiquitous music service doesn't have Samantha Fish's Wild Heart album, published in 2015? I'm with deezer, thanks.

You mean this on Qobuz?

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 9.06.48 PM.png

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, mrjktcvs said:

I'm a newbie here, and don't know how to respond to a post without quoting. I didn't want to include your image again, so I deleted it, but the post was in response to your finding the Fish album on Quobuz.

for future reference you can quote the response and write your reply underneath it, like I am doing here, or you can use the "@" symbol, and the username and it will show like this @mrjktcvs

No electron left behind.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:57 PM, Don Blas De Lezo said:

So you got the Qobuz option where you get an analog signal out of the Qobuz converters and into a line in on your pre/amp ?  What kind of cable do Qobuz use out of their Mytek converters and into your home ? If its silver or silver-coated , that can also contribute to brightness or edgy-ness .  I have so many more questions but I must now continue to roll around on my living room floor whilst stabbing myself in the eye with a plastic fork much to the bemusement of my wife .   

YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?  MAN, I HAVE EVEN MORE...

No electron left behind.

On 1/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, Revelation said:

I got Qobuz going on my NAD preamp and Focal Aria speakers. I found some songs sound better than Tidal,  Tidal sounding better Qobuz and some sound too similar to say which one is better.

1. The Beatles remixed Let it Be album. Get Back sound great on both. 

2. Rolling Stones Tatto you: Start me Up. Tidal sounded better. There was a slight edge on the snare drum on Qobuz. 

3. Donald Fagen Nightfly IGY. Tidal is warmer and louder. The CD is closer to Qobuz which sounds better than Tidal.

4. Rolling Stones.  A rock and a hard place. Qobuz is a very clean and slightly edgy. Tidal sounds better...though very similar, it just does not have that edge. 

5. The Eagles Hotel California from Hell Freezes over. I hear that same crystal slightly hard edge on Qobuz that I heard on A rock and a hard place. Tidal is slightly more easy on your ears.

I know converters and it sounds like Qobuz are using Mytek converters which have a very open detailed sound but slightly edgy on the top end.

That's not the revelation you think it is...

No electron left behind.

• 4 months later...