IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

I'll post it here too, I think Integer Mode in 2.6 and Sierra sounds better than Direct Mode did in 10.11

Integer Mode is different from Direct mode... Integer Mode as always work wathever system, it depends on your DAC i think, Direct Mode is another thing that stop working in Sierra if you don't want to play with your OS to make it work again. Maybe Damien as another trick coming in A+ v3 :-) for regular users. On 10.12.3, my Integer and Direct Mode are still perfectly working.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

So does Direct mode work in Mavericks (10.9.5)? I am using Direct mode all the time, so hope so...

On another subject, how long before we see V3 and MQA compatablity released on the website? I use Tidal and even though my DAC is an old school R-2R chip it can take 96k resolution feeds.

On Tidal, it is a mixed back IMO. Some material sounds very good, the odd track better than my local ripped AIFF version of the same track, but other material sounds flat and crude, almost an upsampled mp3. Maybe it will iron itself out. I am hoping Tidal did take care in getting good original masters in the first place, not some quick fix solution.

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

Audirvana 2.6.5 crashes when using audio units:

1. open audio units effects

2. select particular apple au effect

3. choose to “configure” it (managing AU effect or not managing it)

4. close this particular au effect (red button on up/left corner of the audirvana preferences window)

5. go to audirvana preferences to chose audio units again

6. last au effect that I use it before opens AND audio units (audirvana preferences) window start to move (I can’t stop it) to the left

side of screen and when it disappears audirvana freeze/crash. It frezzes every time when I reproduce this steps.

I would buy the DMG Audio EQQuick plugin. It runs fine inside A+ and sounds much better than AU. Crucially you scan also control the output in the filter panel so avoid clipping.

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

Perhaps I am bad at searching, but I can not find a place where this has been discussed. When I upgraded to the latest Audirvana+ 2.6.6 from 2.5, which was working perfectly in this regard, All my albums were thrown into non alphabetical disarray. How do I fix this?

Screenshot for pictorial proof.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 4.45.16 PM.jpg

No electron left behind.

I'm just guessing here, but it looks like things are actually sorted by first name starting with the Alabama Shakes album. Now, what's going on ahead of that is a question, but I'm wondering whether they're all new rips or downloads and whether by re-indexing, that you're left with the same sort criteria (sorted by first name) as everything from the Alabama Shakes onward?

I'm just guessing here, but it looks like things are actually sorted by first name starting with the Alabama Shakes album. Now, what's going on ahead of that is a question, but I'm wondering whether they're all new rips or downloads and whether by re-indexing, that you're left with the same sort criteria (sorted by first name) as everything from the Alabama Shakes onward?

Nothing new but A+ 2.6

If I were to scroll down you would see other albums out of place as well, I just had to pick a spot to showcase it is all.

No electron left behind.

When I upgraded to the latest Audirvana+ 2.6.6 from 2.5, which was working perfectly in this regard, All my albums were thrown into non alphabetical disarray. How do I fix this?

I'm in the very same boat since A+ 2.6 :(

reported many times, fixes where (supposedly) released but nothing changed and I still have a lot of albums out of order

I'm now living with it and waiting for v3.0

will give it a try starting fresh and if the issue persists... bye-bye: I already had to start fresh too many times just to fix an A+ database issue :mad:

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I'm in the very same boat since A+ 2.6 :(

reported many times, fixes where (supposedly) released but nothing changed and I still have a lot of albums out of order

I'm now living with it and waiting for v3.0

will give it a try starting fresh and if the issue persists... bye-bye: I already had to start fresh too many times just to fix an A+ database issue :mad:

That doesn't give me much hope.

No electron left behind.

try starting fresh with v2.6.6: the fix (which came with 2.6.3 or 2.6.4, if I recall correctly) should do it

I'm waiting for v3.x just to avoid the risk of needing to start fresh once more :P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Well that is rather unfortunate.

Has anyone tried rolling back to 2.6.5?

I have yet to try the latest.. and probably won't after reading this. Thanks for the heads up.

Stalling bug update...

I've been burning in a fuse over-night. I forgot to turn upsampling off. So was rather surprised to hear that it was still playing this morning.

I wonder if the Regen is helping? I was unable to use it last week having left its power brick back in Estonia (as you do..).

Murphy will sure bite me on the arse as soon as I post this... just like last time... [emoji53]

Seems some are still battling this most annoying intermittent issue.

Hope A+ 3.0 will cure all ills [emoji3]

Mac mini -> Regen -> Burson CV2+ -> HIfiman HD-560

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Well that is rather unfortunate.

Stalling bug update...

I've been burning in a fuse over-night. I forgot to turn upsampling off. So was rather surprised to hear that it was still playing this morning.

I wonder if the Regen is helping? I was unable to use it last week having left its power brick back in Estonia (as you do..).

Murphy will sure bite me on the arse as soon as I post this... just like last time... [emoji53]

Seems some are still battling this most annoying intermittent issue.

Hope A+ 3.0 will cure all ills [emoji3]

Mac mini -> Regen -> Burson CV2+ -> HIfiman HD-560

I've not experienced this bug/problem again with the new DAC in my system, it could very well be a DAC related timing/buffer issue (older DACs). Maybe Regen got rid of your problem!

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Glad it's no longer an issue with you Mevdinc.

Sadly, Murphy got me. Three tracks into a 384khZ album, A+ stalled 5 seconds from the end.

At least it's happening far less frequently (for me - and perhaps fixed for others?). So imagine Damien's tweaks have helped.

Mac mini -> Regen -> Burson CV2+ -> HD560

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

ok: swallowed the pill and started *totally fresh* in 2.6.6 and... sorting now works as expected :)

but this was my very last time: if *I have to* do it once more to fix a database glitch/corruption/whatever, A+ goes straight to the trash! :mad:

headphones system:

ok: swallowed the pill and started *totally fresh* in 2.6.6 and... sorting now works as expected :)

but this was my very last time: if *I have to* do it once more to fix a database glitch/corruption/whatever, A+ goes straight to the trash! :mad:

I'm sure you have backup your working Database now :-)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

But at least you will still post here, I hope? :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm sure you have backup your working Database now :-)

I always have a backup, but every single time was a new A+ version that made the database go awry and restoring a backup just made it happen again :rolleyes:

headphones system:

What did you do to start fresh?

don't remember now actual stuff I trashed but... look in you "Library" folder and move to the trash whatever file or folder has "audirvana" in the file name in:

- Applications Support

- Caches

- Containers

- Preferences

If you did set A+ to optimize system you will also find a file in /Library/LaunchDaemons (not user's Library: the system one)

or just give "App Delete" a try ;)

(might miss something minor though)

then restart you Mac and launch A+

headphones system:

What did you do to start fresh?

may i interfere :-)

You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons folder... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana folder...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...

LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files... even playing music while it is not finished...

you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time... depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not... go to sleep... then see :-)

may i interfere :-)

You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons folder... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana folder...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...

LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files... even playing music while it is not finished...

you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time... depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not... go to sleep... then see :-)

I did this, step by step, it is even more out of order than it was before! All other players and the folder itself is still correct.

No electron left behind.

I did this, step by step, it is even more out of order than it was before! All other players and the folder itself is still correct.

So, it wasn't very long to load all your music...

Sorry for you if it doesn't work... As you are using A+ or wanted it, you'll have to repair your wrong files for A+...

or wait a couple of days for A+ v3 in case it solve it by itself if Damien change something or put back your old database (AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite) where it was.

For me, whatever i do in A+ or messed something, i just put back my last database backup and restart, and voilà all is like it was the day before. I use JRiver also whith the same database and the files are all the same, except the DR numbers are slightly inferior in A+ than in JRiver...

I can say also that when 2.6 arrived, it messed my database also for a 100 albums around also that were perfectly in order in 2.5.3 :-) Never simple. Arf!

I saw a comment also in Amarra 4 thread from a user saying.

Yes! the sound is good, but that isn't enough if the rest is a mess...

many others sound good... but.