IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

btw... does anyone know what A+ considers a "separator character" (for Artist, Album Artist and Composer)?

changed all my file's from " - " to the standard "; " but I'm still getting in Artists View "Composer 1; Composer 2; Composer 3; etc." as a single composer :-/

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

In the last week I have noticed the "stalling" bug has started to occur on my system on 2.6.6, this seems to have become more frequent since I found the time to replace the .kext file and use direct mode again.

Have not managed to analyse any pattern as yet, but it does seem to mainly occur when up sampling DSD64 and PCM 384, plus from SSD and Tidal. Tracks load into RAM fine and CPU at the time the stall happens is less < 3% for whole load

My DAC is less than 6 months old (Audiolab M-DAC +).

Hope version 3 fixes this :)

Thanks for sharing JRD.

interesting that the tracks are loading fully. As mentioned, there seems to be a correlation with the memory given to A+ and the size of the file.

Like everyone, curious what 3.0 will bring...

Mac mini -> Regen -> Burson CV2+ -> HD560

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Tidal tracks in album and playlists in random order

For no apparent reason, tracks in Tidal albums and playlists are sorted randomly. Shuffle play is not activated.

Does anyone have this problem too?

No. Are you sure it is simply random and not ordered by a different field than the one you expected? What do you have set for View options?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

This is for Tidal... View Options are greyed out in Tidal

Yes, I also experienced this with TIDAL albums and don't know what causes it or how to correct it as it ignores the track ordering.

The track ordering is in in TIDAL desktop app.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

This is for Tidal... View Options are greyed out in Tidal

Ah, sorry. I am not at home to look, and didn't recall this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

FWIW would of thought that this would be some issue with the metadata being pulled from Tidal than with the A+ application....

It is a bug introduced yesterday in TIDAL API. I got confirmation from TIDAL it is going to "be fixed in a short while".

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

In the last week I have noticed the "stalling" bug has started to occur on my system on 2.6.6, this seems to have become more frequent since I found the time to replace the .kext file and use direct mode again.

Have not managed to analyse any pattern as yet, but it does seem to mainly occur when up sampling DSD64 and PCM 384, plus from SSD and Tidal. Tracks load into RAM fine and CPU at the time the stall happens is less < 3% for whole load

My DAC is less than 6 months old (Audiolab M-DAC +).

Hope version 3 fixes this :)

Such a fix in this kext is independent from the Audirvana Plus code.

Although Apple is not willing to remove their lock mechanism, the IOAudioFamily.kext source code is available from Apple ( https://opensource.apple.com/source/IOAudioFamily/IOAudioFamily-205.12/ ).

It is then easy to remove the entitlement check, and recompile it.

This enables to have the latest version with the bug fixes brought for Sierra, and with Direct Mode.

I need to check the details of the license to see if I can distribute the build. As usual with Apple, this is long text with small characters...

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

@damien,

Are you saying that the stalling bug maybe caused by the lack of Direct Mode? I'm unable to use Direct Mode as I'm using Sierra but the stalling bug has gone on my system since the new DAC (see my signature).

Hope this helps.

Best.

Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

@damien

Is it possible to forget the "The" before an artist name with the sorting?

For example The Beatles will then appear under the B.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

@damien

Is it possible to forget the "The" before an artist name with the sorting?

For example The Beatles will then appear under the B.

Rename the sort name for The Beatles to Beatles, using the artists editor (view menu command).

@damien,

Are you saying that the stalling bug maybe caused by the lack of Direct Mode? I'm unable to use Direct Mode as I'm using Sierra but the stalling bug has gone on my system since the new DAC (see my signature).

Hope this helps.

Best.

Mev

There is also some compatibility issues between some DACs and Sierra...

There is also some compatibility issues between some DACs and Sierra...

let's try again... :P

@damien would you *please* make it so in 3.x "Composer 1; Composer 2; Composer 3; etc" (or Artist, or Album Artist) end up in "Artist list" as *separate* composers/artists instead of as "Composer 1; Composer 2; Composer 3; etc" as a single entry?

or, please, just tell me what Audirvana will consider a separator character ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

let's try again... :P

@damien would you *please* make it so in 3.x "Composer 1; Composer 2; Composer 3; etc" (or Artist, or Album Artist) end up in "Artist list" as *separate* composers/artists instead of as "Composer 1; Composer 2; Composer 3; etc" as a single entry?

or, please, just tell me what Audirvana will consider a separator character ;)

There is only one composer.

Only for artists is there a list.

Why would you want to use such a separator? If you want to edit the metadata manually with another editor no aware of multiple artists? I'd then suggest to use one that handles artists lists like Yate.

The way multiple artists are stored depends on the metadata standard. E.g. for FLAC, it is the "ARTIST" tag that is present several times, one for each artist

It is a bug introduced yesterday in TIDAL API. I got confirmation from TIDAL it is going to "be fixed in a short while".

TIDAL has now fixed the issue. Album tracks are now displayed again in correct order :)

There is only one composer.

not for non classical music: most of the times there are many (and even different for each and every single track of the very same album)!

and... I am using Yate ;)

headphones system:

@damien

Then I have to change 200 items.

I think there are computers for to do that:-)

I changed 50 and now I'm saving.............

There you must have a lot of patience....very very slow.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg