IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

No doubt Murphy's Law will bite me on the arse for posting this... I know others are still suffering...

So I think 2.6.5 is pretty stable on my system.

Someone mentioned the stalling bug might be DAC dependent. That may well be true. I use Burson's CV2+ with the ES9018 chip.

Merci Damien for some great sounding music [emoji445]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

This track stalling bug on last few seconds has completely gone for me. It's never occurred again with my new DAC!

Maybe useful for @Damian to know.

Best.

Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Glad to hear that for you Mev!

Sadly, I was a little too quick to jump to that conclusion... after having a couple days of stall-free play, it's been happening quite a bit this past couple days.

I notice it was happening when playing loading a track with a different sampling rate than the one previously. Last time it happened was in the last track of redbook album - just before a 24/96 album.

Moving the memory setting for loading track seemed to have an impact, but the right setting seems determined by the size of track being loaded... but could be totally wrong on that...

So the stalling bug is still an issue for my system.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Hi

I was in the process of moving my A+ library to another location (feature under "Preferences"), when the program suddenly shut and wouldn't reopen. Versions prior to 2.6 will open normally, but all 2.6.x and betas won't -- every time I try, I get the same window saying that A+ quit unexpectedly. I also tried deleting all files under my A+ library folder, hoping that this would fix the problem, but didn't help -- keep getting the "A+ quit unexpectedly" message.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Mario

Hi

I was in the process of moving my A+ library to another location (feature under "Preferences"), when the program suddenly shut and wouldn't reopen. Versions prior to 2.6 will open normally, but all 2.6.x and betas won't -- every time I try, I get the same window saying that A+ quit unexpectedly. I also tried deleting all files under my A+ library folder, hoping that this would fix the problem, but didn't help -- keep getting the "A+ quit unexpectedly" message.Any ideas? thanks! Mario

You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music)

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...

LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files... even playing music while it is not finished...

you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time... depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not...

Maybe your prefs were corrupted...

you can try just trashing your App prefs to see if it work first: com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music)

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...

LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files... even playing music while it is not finished...

you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time... depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not...

Maybe your prefs were corrupted...

you can try just trashing your App prefs to see if it work first: com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

thanks for replying!

I couldn't find com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist under my Preferences folder. Could it be somewhere else?

thanks again,

Mario

You may also try something like the free 'App Cleaner'. Not sure if that will trash all things A+, but is a pretty easy thing to try.

But of course, people like RunHoneSlow certainly know their stuff .. so if you want to be sure to do it thoroughly, his guide would be worth following.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Is anyone having a problem getting Meridian Explorer 2 to play A+?(ver 2.6.5)

The music is playing ie the song bar at the top is moving form but I get no music through my headphones or if I use the inline jack out to my avr(and no I don't have both the headphones and the inline jack both connected at same time)

Damien responded immediately and couldn't find a reason for this- I sent him screenshots of the 'debug' info and other shots.

The E2 works flawlessly with just TIDAL desktop app and Qobuz also from it's desktop app and ROON works.

Any suggestions would be helpful-A+/E2 worked the very first time I connected the E2 to my macmini then never again

I have been using jriver and think I will try audirvana and see if it's batter SQ.

How do I enable folder view in audirvana?

The album view seems has some problem, if I have an album with 10 tracks(flac tagged), tagged album title the same however it has 10 different performers, in album view it shows 10 albums, each album got 1 track...

Is it a bug or where do I setup it right?

Thanks.

You may also try something like the free 'App Cleaner'. Not sure if that will trash all things A+, but is a pretty easy thing to try.

But of course, people like RunHoneSlow certainly know their stuff .. so if you want to be sure to do it thoroughly, his guide would be worth following.

ok, I found the missing file and installation seems to be going smoothly now!

Thanks guys!

I finally just finished rebuilding my primary playlist of my music - I was not able to import this and a couple of others from exports from the previous versions while I had no issues with some of my smaller ones. No matter. I think it actually worked out for the best. However, I at least wanted to point something out which I noticed with my work setup and just confirmed with my home setup.

Within the Albums view of my playlists I used to be able, upon every fresh opening of A+, receive a seemingly random sort of my albums by having no criteria selected under the Album View Options. With there not being an Album Sort option within Shuffle Play (a wishlist item) this was the next best thing. Under the most recent versions this is no longer the case. It is the same exact sort which seems to resemble the folder structure - all of my Blue Coast Record, Opus3, Beatles, etc. albums are in view one after the next.

My primary playlist is over 20 days worth of music. The latest versions of the software have cut the time of dragging over 1400 albums over into the Play Queue to mere seconds as opposed to several minutes with the older versions.

I know we are getting closer to a newer version of the software. If not in the 2.6.x versions I truly hope that an album shuffle (not just the individual songs) option is/will be coming soon.

Thanks again for everything, Damien. You always make it worth the effort.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hi all

I aim trying to use A+ 2.6.6 with a MacBook Air and an iFi micro DAC. When I try to play a file, the screen says "Error: unable to load first track".

Help please!

Philip

Please ignore this. I was trying to play albums from an SD card I had removed from my computer!! DUH!!!

After I finish listening to one or two tracks selected using my A+ remote, when I swipe the screen to wake up my phone to select additional tracks, A+ says there's no wifi connection and takes a few seconds to reconnect to wifi. It happens every time I lay my phone down for a couple tracks and pick it up again to select more tracks. Minor inconvenience, but very annoying.

Anyone else having a similar issue or know of a solution?

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

I just got an iPhone 6S, and noticed this connection problem only this morning. Never happened with my 5S.

I put it in airplane mode, then Remote found the A+.

I don't believe this is an issue with only A+ Remote, as VNC could not find any Bonjour connections at the same time Remote could not find A+.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

same problem just click it again and it plays but

i still have no sound using my ME2 the music plays but no sound and this is with ver 2.6.6/ME2 works flawlessly with desktop apps of TIDAL and Qobuz and ROON and through my Schiit FULLA and did through my Gungnir with A2+ until it stopped being recognized

I have just upgraded to 2.6.6 from 2.5.3 on my Hackintosh and I now find that the page up/down no longer works on Library view.

Using up/down arrows works in Expand All view but by the time it gets anywhere I have forgotten what I was looking for (another senior moment). Collapse All stops up/down arrows from working.

However when I load Qobuz page up/down is working perfectly.

I finally just finished rebuilding my primary playlist of my music - I was not able to import this and a couple of others from exports from the previous versions while I had no issues with some of my smaller ones. No matter. I think it actually worked out for the best. However, I at least wanted to point something out which I noticed with my work setup and just confirmed with my home setup.

Within the Albums view of my playlists I used to be able, upon every fresh opening of A+, receive a seemingly random sort of my albums by having no criteria selected under the Album View Options. With there not being an Album Sort option within Shuffle Play (a wishlist item) this was the next best thing. Under the most recent versions this is no longer the case. It is the same exact sort which seems to resemble the folder structure - all of my Blue Coast Record, Opus3, Beatles, etc. albums are in view one after the next.

My primary playlist is over 20 days worth of music. The latest versions of the software have cut the time of dragging over 1400 albums over into the Play Queue to mere seconds as opposed to several minutes with the older versions.

I know we are getting closer to a newer version of the software. If not in the 2.6.x versions I truly hope that an album shuffle (not just the individual songs) option is/will be coming soon.

Thanks again for everything, Damien. You always make it worth the effort.

Moreover, I now see that the Show View Options selection is a universal setting now. You used to be able to set it for each playlist. Now the setting made from on view is made against all. Minor quibble but wanted to at least make you aware.

A+ 3.6.6 is syncing 3,750 albuns / 71,500 tracks for 48 hours, is that normal?

no, i don't think so

except if you started from scratch and told A+ to calculate replain gain and those info... could be very long

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

no, i don't think so

except if you started from scratch and told A+ to calculate replain gain and those info... could be very long

If you have previously computed Replay Gain, the data would have been added to the files metadata.

Therefore, in the new scan, there would be no need to analyse those files again.I think such a duration for a scan from scratch is quite above typical.

the type of support of the files may influence that scan duration though.

Are you files stored "locally", or on a Nas. If so, do you access it through Ethernet or wirelessly?

Really love this software, it's my go to music player, congradulations to Audirvana for making such a great sounding program. I have very few if any errors, everything loaded up as far as my files go and playback has been flawless, i even bought the remote for this program.

I didn't start from scratch neither use replay gain! Now are 38 hous of continous sync!

Force quit and resync. I have a library of over 300,000 songs and A+ syncs currently in about 2 hrs.

My original resync from 2.5 took about 10 hrs - I calc'd replay gain in batches, otherwise the program crashed.

Mac Mni > Audirvana+ > Lifatec toslink > Chord Hugo2 > Auditorium 23 > Linn LK-280 > Auditorium 23 > Luna Gris jumpers > Linn Kaber

Luna Gris headphone cable > Dan Clark Audio Æon RT Closed

Hi all, first post and a noob at computer music. Was trying to figure out why my A+ 2.6.6 is not playing my music after installing a NAS to my network. It was working fine earlier playing flac files off my Mac mini on Sierra with no problems. But after indexing the 260,000 tracks on my NAS, it now displays "loading first track" whenever I select a track and has no further response. Same thing happens even with Tidal tracks. Also, old tracks on my Mac that it was playing fine pre-NAS no longer plays as well. Does anyone know what's wrong? Would appreciate any help.