IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

What's the relevance of your post ?

Please do not export American politics on this neutral forum.

Sorry, Waldburg ... I was not exporting American politics, but rather American television. Letterman has never had that beard before. It was a joke. But you're right, only American TV viewers used to watching him on late night TV would get the joke. I'll be more sensitive to our international CA members in future.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Sorry, Waldburg ... I was not exporting American politics, but rather American television. Letterman has never had that beard before. It was a joke. But you're right, only American TV viewers used to watching him on late night TV would get the joke. I'll be more sensitive to our international CA members in future.

Dear ricka,

sorry all the same for not picking up on american lore.

Here, in England, we are on the records for being more reliant on anything Guinness and to the same effect, we would have pointed to one of your late fellow American : Hans Langseth! A Hipster from before the word existed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Langseth

Sorry to all for this deviation from topic.

For people reading this thread only, v3 is out now :-)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/audirvana-plus-3-official-thread-31804/

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 4 weeks later...

Just upgraded from 2.5.4 to 2.6.8 on my 2010 Mac mini running El Capitan and now it won't play, it just says "Loading first track...", but nothing happens.  I've tried switching off Direct Mode, Exclusive Access, SysOpt, etc, but nothing I do can get any music to play.  I've even tried changing A+ audio output from my USB DAC to the computer's internal speakers but even that doesn't work.  What can I do to fix this?

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

18 hours ago, ToTo Man said:

Just upgraded from 2.5.4 to 2.6.8 on my 2010 Mac mini running El Capitan and now it won't play, it just says "Loading first track...", but nothing happens.  I've tried switching off Direct Mode, Exclusive Access, SysOpt, etc, but nothing I do can get any music to play.  I've even tried changing A+ audio output from my USB DAC to the computer's internal speakers but even that doesn't work.  What can I do to fix this?

Problem now solved, - I had to remove and re-sync my entire library.

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Toolonginexile said:

Forgive the idiot question...but im using version 1.5.12.6, can i play tidal with it or do i have to get a paid upgrade to the current version?

i don't use those services, but if you can't see that tab in the preferences panel, (and i think you can't) you'll have to pay :)

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I'm having rare (say once per day or every other day or so) pauses during playback that last only about 1 second.  These aren't drop-outs, but actually pauses. This is using the latest Audirvana 2.X and OS X 10.11.6.  It doesn't appear to be a memory or CPU limitation issue, and there is no obvious interfering process appearing in the Console log. Because it is such a rare event, I haven't figured out how to reproduce it or capture the process output or anything useful.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Happens with USB, Coax, optical, +/- up-sampling, +/- Direct mode, etc.

19 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I'm having rare (say once per day or every other day or so) pauses during playback that last only about 1 second.  These aren't drop-outs, but actually pauses. This is using the latest Audirvana 2.X and OS X 10.11.6.  It doesn't appear to be a memory or CPU limitation issue, and there is no obvious interfering process appearing in the Console log. Because it is such a rare event, I haven't figured out how to reproduce it or capture the process output or anything useful.  

Ummm yeah, I have.  I am on the latest v 3.x version of Audirvana.  In fact it happened tonight as a hard pause, had to restart Audirvana.  Like your observations this is very rare so I am not sure how to replicate it or what is going on.

No "pauses" as such, but I still get occasional dropouts when playing DSD files. Running A+ 2.6.8 and OS X 10.12.4.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Just happened again, and I found this rather cryptic message in /var/log/system.log

May  2 09:06:20 tv-stereo-mini Audirvana Plus[57976]: Strong issue, need to restart playback
May  2 09:06:20 tv-stereo-mini Audirvana Plus[57976]: Restarted: 0

On 4/30/2017 at 9:32 PM, wgscott said:

I experienced that for 1 or 2 years in OS X 10.9 and 10.11.  I never reported it as a bug because it only happened a few times a day and I thought it might be due to the proprietary Firewire driver of my former Metric Halo DAC, hence not worth Damian's time to troubleshoot.

I never saw the "strong issue" or any other activity in the console log that I could correlate with the dropouts.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I vaguely remember you telling me about that.

I wonder if it is DAC-specific, or interface-specific?

Now that I know how to grep the error message out of the log file, I think I will do an experiment where use audirvana to play to the internal DAC chip and let it go for 12 hours and see ...

Do you know how to get Audirvana to log verbosely?

Strong issue, need to restart playback

seems a bit too cryptic.

3 hours ago, wgscott said:

Do you know how to get Audirvana to log verbosely?

Strong issue, need to restart playback

seems a bit too cryptic.

It's actually an ancient Buddhist proverb.

Sorry, but I don’t know how to get it to log verbosely.  If it were version 3, Damian probably would send you a special troubleshooting version with extra logging, but he's probably not interested in expending time on version 2.

p.s.  On this forum, how does one break a quote into segments interleaved with separate responses?

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

10 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

@wgscott, where would I go to retrieve the log file on my computer?  Thanks!

/var/log/system.log

You can also see it using the Console.app that lives in /Applications/Utilities

The OS starts a new system.log file every day, and archives the previous 20 or so in the same directory.

8 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

It's actually an ancient Buddhist proverb.

That explains why it outputs stderr Haiku.

Sorry, but I don’t know how to get it to log verbosely.  If it were version 3, Damian probably would send you a special troubleshooting version with extra logging, but he's probably not interested in expending time on version 2.

I don't want to upgrade yet since I don't have any MQA and if ver. 3 has the same problem ...

p.s.  On this forum, how does one break a quote into segments interleaved with separate responses?

Highlight the text and click on the " button at the top of the editor's menu.

I played the entirety of Beethoven's Piano Sonatas to optical out (and with the DAC turned off) overnight, and no pause/restart error in the log files.

Maybe it is the USB interface.

I'll continue the experiment with my USB/Coax converter.

The problem is that since it is a rare event, it is hard to conclude anything yet.  But at least this approach allows me to keep everything else constant, in a reasonably controlled experiment.

8 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

You can also just highlight a piece of text like this, and a contextual pop-up comes up that says "quote this" .  Saves you having to chop out stuff.

I too have this 1sec muting/pause problem with A+ 2.6, seems to happen on the second track of an album i.e. about 5mins in. I'm not sure if it's 5mins into each album or just the first album of a listening session. Only noticed this since upsampling to dsd128

As several posters are having similar probs with different computers, dacs etc I tend to think it is A+ Related

A fix would be appreciated as I don't want or need the developments A3 has to offer

11 minutes ago, stewartg said:

I too have this 1sec muting/pause problem with A+ 2.6, seems to happen on the second track of an album i.e. about 5mins in. I'm not sure if it's 5mins into each album or just the first album of a listening session. Only noticed this since upsampling to dsd128

As several posters are having similar probs with different computers, dacs etc I tend to think it is A+ Related

A fix would be appreciated as I don't want or need the developments A3 has to offer

I also have the impression that it happens in the second track, but I haven't paid close enough attention.  I will do so now.  (I don't typically do DSD upsampling, fwiw, but I do upsample PCM).

I trialled A3 and it had the same issue, so I don't think it is version-specific.

You can check your log file easily on the command-line with this command:

grep Audirvana /var/log/system.log