IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Is it happening on the last track of the album/playlist? Or any?

What is the amount of pre-allocated memory for the audio buffers? (Is the track loading entirely, or in several chunks)?

@damien,

I'm traveling at the moment and I will double check when I get back home later tonight but from what I can remember it generally happens with tracks other the first or the last.

I have 8GB of ram allocated so I think all the tracks are loaded into the buffer entirely.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

This bug of not continuing to the next track is the most annoying of all ...

Should be fixed as soon as possible

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

@damien just found an album with mistyped Composer name, fixed it and performed a library re-scan but... A+' "Multiple Artsists" didn't auto-update consequently and had to manually fix that one too :(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@damien,

I'm traveling at the moment and I will double check when I get back home later tonight but from what I can remember it generally happens with tracks other the first or the last.

I have 8GB of ram allocated so I think all the tracks are loaded into the buffer entirely.

@damien,

A quick update on playback getting stack on the last few seconds...

I have replaced my Zodiac Gold DAC with a brand new Lindemann Musicbook 20 DSD recently, and I'm happy to report that so far, I've not experienced the above problem!

Perhaps the problem is DAC dependant rather than MAC/memory side.

Hope this helps.

Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Does Audirvana support MIDI Multi-Output Device (MOD) use on a Mac?

I have a MOD set up that consists of an Audioquest Dragonfly, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, and Dante Virtual Sound Card.

iTunes, Roon, and Pure Music output to all 3 devices of the MOD, but Audirvana won't recognize the MOD. I have to manual choose which individual device I want Audirvana to use, and then it plays fine. The problem is that the Dragonfly and Yggdrasil feed separate systems, and I can't get them to play simultaneously with Audirvana but I can with the 3 other players.

This limits Audirvana's value to me in spite of it sounding slightly better and having some desirable features that the others lack.

Thanks for the help.

DSNORD

Also, A+ App has an Artists view list. Audirvana 2.6 does not have this as far as I can tell. Am I stupidly missing a setting somewhere to activate this on my computer? All I can see are Album and Track lists.

Sometimes I just want to quickly plow through a list of all my Artists until I find one I want to listen to. I don't want to wade through a bazillion Album cover flow pics to accomplish something that is extremely simple to do in Pure Music/iTunes or Sonos!

DSNORD

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Also, A+ App has an Artists view list. Audirvana 2.6 does not have this as far as I can tell. Am I stupidly missing a setting somewhere to activate this on my computer? All I can see are Album and Track lists.

Sometimes I just want to quickly plow through a list of all my Artists until I find one I want to listen to. I don't want to wade through a bazillion Album cover flow pics to accomplish something that is extremely simple to do in Pure Music/iTunes or Sonos!

DSNORD

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

then you can do "cmd j" to classified them like you want... albums or tracks view

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

then you can do "cmd j" to classified them like you want... albums or tracks view

Thanks for the help. The Structured Filter screen was showing up as a large blank area with nothing in it except for a tiny set of up/down arrows in the upper right corner. I never saw them, so it didn't occur to me to click on them to see what they were for. It works beautifully now!!!

Major problem down. Now if I can just figure out how to get A+ to output to a Multi-Output Device as described on my above note, I'll be good to go!!!

DSNORD

I get this error message when trying to output to a Multi-Output Device. I'm not sure what is hogging things. The individual components work okay individually. [ATTACH]32911[/ATTACH]

not familiar with multi output, but have you tried unchecked Exclusive Access Mode ? or integer Mode or both?

Snapz001.jpg

maybe you have to disable "Disable detection of...

Snapz002.jpg

greetings all,

Any of you Audirvana+ users able to play OGG files? Did it used to work, but is now broken? Did it maybe rely on the now defunct XiphQT? It would appear that OGG playback is supported, based on what you'll see if you look in

Audirvana Plus > About Audirvana Plus > Acknowledgements >

OGG (1.3.2)

http://xiph.org/downloads/

Monty <[email protected]>and the rest of the Xiph.Org Foundation

Copyright © 2002, Xiph.org Foundation

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or withoutmodification, are permitted provided that the following conditionsare met:- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyrightnotice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyrightnotice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in thedocumentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.- Neither the name of the Xiph.org Foundation nor the names of itscontributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived fromthis software without specific prior written permission.

But I cannot add any OGG files to library or queue…

I've got OGG playback in VLC, Swinsian, Cog, etc, but wanna try using Audirvana. I'm on MacOS Sierra.

thanks

You can look in your applications folder... utilities folder and check output in midi settings application and also the sound control panel in system preferences in Apple menu... matbe there is somethings to change there

Not using A+ for a few days, started the app, library albums appeared OK and played. The preferences|library window showed no library source files existed, was a total blank. Thought to restart A+, but was greeted with a message " Library sync in progress, do you wish to terminate". Well yes, since the sync activity wasn't shown in the top RH corner of the app, nor in the preferences panel. On restart, the situation was the same. Gave up in frustration and listened to music on HQPlayer on Windows, equally as uninviting, but at least predictable. I don't need this problem solved, but wish to point out it exists.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Still get the same error message with ALL settings of SysOp, Exclusive Mode, Direct Mode, and Integer Mode turned off. I get an "Unable to grab exclusive access OSError=_hog" error in Header

Hog mode and Exclusive Access mode are the same thing. The quoted error msg suggests Audirvana was still trying to maintain exclusive access to the specified output device in spite of your having un-ticked that option.

Sometimes the Audirvana and/or Audio MIDI settings get scrambled after you change the settings, which can be cured only by restarting the Mac. I suggest that you un-tick all the checkboxes in Audirvana, quit Audirvana, power down all the DACs, restart the Mac, power up the DACs after the Mac stabilizes after the restart, then launch Audirvana.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Mavericks 10.9.5. MIDI/sound settings have been played with ad nauseum. My MOD works fine through ROON, iTunes, Pure Music.

A+ plays fine when I assign it Audioquest, Schiit, or Dante alone. Grouping them into a MOD though chokes it for some reason and generates the above error messages. Audirvana just can't output to a MOD it seems.

DSNORD

Bob,

The power down, untick everything, restart, power up trick made no difference. Same error messages. Maybe A+3 will be able to output to a MOD. If not, I just have to live with it like this. Bummer because the Yggy and Dragonfly are on separate systems, and I can output to both running at the same time with the competitions' products but not A+.

DSNORD

No doubt Murphy's Law will bite me on the arse for posting this... I know others are still suffering...

Other than an occasional crash every ten hours or so, I've been very happy.

I am upsampling everything to DSD 128 without the terrible stall 2-seconds from the end of track.

I have kept my memory allocation for A+ buffering under 1gb. Not sure if that's helping.

So I think 2.6.5 is pretty stable on my system.

Someone mentioned the stalling bug might be DAC dependent. That may well be true. I use Burson's CV2+ with the ES9018 chip.

Merci Damien for some great sounding music [emoji445]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Hi i have recently bought Audirvana and have two questions.

when i installed the software i clicked the icon automatic software update, this doesnt work i still have the same version 2.6.1 as i installed from beginning.

i cant find any update function in the software anybody who knows how to solve it?

when i have the music library showing the album covers and i press one album i cant see the tracks avalible, i have seen on pictures on Audirvana web page that this info should bebshown in a list in the lower part of the screen but its not shown in my setup.

anybody knows how to change this?