IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

Wait until you try the cheese, bread and wine of the region, and their traditional dishes. :)

The landscape of that scarcely inhabited region is also quite beautiful.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

BTW tabla and oud are at the very top of my favorite 'ethnic' instruments.

This is a must then - straight from analog to Quad DSD (I only have one track myself though):

Badal Roy & Robert Gupta - Suryodaya [Yarlung Records, Bob Attiyeh on nativedsd.com]

Listening to this in Quad DSD made me appreciate all the nuance a great tabla player can have.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Wait until you try the cheese, bread and wine of the region, and their traditional dishes. :)

The landscape of that scarcely inhabited region is also quite beautiful.

R

I've been following some of the shows on both Portugal and Spain.

Both those countries are on my short list.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

A gem I came across long time ago:

and it led me to find another incredible artist, and she isn't even Puerto Rican:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDDz67dBNpg

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

@semente I watched it with as much pleasure as I listened to it. Love Japanese ink painting. I studied art history and seriously considered at one moment Japanese art as my master degree subject.

I once discovered Minoru Muraoka's 'Bamboo'. Not a big fan of this album but you don't hear something like that everyday :)

The Yoshido Brothers on the Shamisen

I came across these guys while looking for the theme music of "Begin Japanalogy".

Their repertoire spans traditional to modern house.

[video=youtube;FstLUoQK-K0]

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I know it's purely a question of personal taste. You know - some like growling..:) But I like instrumental flamenco (is there instrumental fado too.?) - and in fact still search for interesting virtuoso performers. Someone's got any suggestions?

Try to listen to the whole song if you can, otherwise just use the 2m43s link for some nice 12- and 6-string guitar playing (vocals are great too, though):

The musicians from the orchestra looked a bit unaffected at first but then they got into it.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

And another (I heven't listened to this CD for a long time - gotta go back to it). I believe it's Iberian-Arabic fusion.

Somehow the vocal (I said before I'm not a big fan of this vocal style) never made this album unlistenable to me.

Radio Tarifa.