IGNORED

Post Your System Topology - It Might Help Others To Improve Their Systems

r_w

On 9/26/2016 at 1:47 AM, Cornan said:

Great thread r-w! Here is a picture of my humble setup! :)

My-setup copy.jpg

I too have an Aries Mini, and I think it sounds terrible. Do you find it acceptable? I took it out of my system and put my old Logitech Squeezebox Touch back into my system. It sounds excellent, at least as good as the original source material. To say I am disappointed with the Aries Mini is an understatement because I like the idea of controlling my music from my iPad

George

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

I too have an Aries Mini, and I think it sounds terrible. Do you find it acceptable? I took it out of my system and put my old Logitech Squeezebox Touch back into my system. It sounds excellent, at least as good as the original source material. To say I am disappointed with the Aries Mini is an understatement because I like the idea of controlling my music from my iPad

I am extremely happy with the Aries Mini and still use it. I will soon pair it with a Mutek Brooklyn DAC rather than get a Auralic Altair.

If you want something that sounds amazing right out of the box you should look elsewhere, but if you put some effort into it it will reward you big time! 

My setup is very different from this typology. Just have a look at my signature to find out how to improve a Aries Mini setup with Tidal as source. Did you know that Aries Mini is MQA and Roon ready now with LightningDS 5.0 beta 2? ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

That hasn't been my experience at all, and there are many happy Aries Mini users here on CA. I moved to the Aries Mini from an SBT and actually found it improved the SQ.

I don't want to hijack this thread. Why don't you post this over on the Aries Mini thread, and provide more detail on your usage, your full digital chain, so people have a chance to help you out. Something is wrong if it is sounding terrible compared to an SBT!