IGNORED

Post Your System Topology - It Might Help Others To Improve Their Systems

r_w

A picture paints a thousand words... Here's mine (details in signature):

SYSTEM.jpg

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Here is mine -- which I drew up mostly to depict the HQPlayer and NAA route for upsampling.

System Configuration for HQP.jpg

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I'm used to making business operations diagrams for software development, it's always quick to modify an existing diagram.

I think this looks nice but it must have taken a while to make the diagram.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Visio gets really quick once you get into it.

In Excel? Visio?

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Here's the layout of my main music system:

2016-09 Network layout with a Wireless Bridge.001.jpeg

2016-09 Network layout with a Wireless Bridge.pdf

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

For once, it would be great if a thread wasn't polluted with irrelevant replies. This thread is a great idea, and some of these silly posts aren't helping. I wish a moderator would come and clean it all up.

Perhaps a "curator" with a penchant for verbose prose? Sorry - too soon? :)

That concludes the noise section of my response. Now, the signal, my system:

Picture1.png

TBH, I'm genuinely surprised that some people feel compelled to crap virtually every thread on here and they are allowed to repeatedly do it. But particularly this thread, given its aim.

The purpose of this thread was to help people that find building modern systems a minefield with visualisations of potential solutions for them.

There are supposedly some intelligent people on here that, despite such intelligence, ought to brush up on the basic concept of needles and haystacks.

It would be a much more helpful thread for those looking for system ideas/tips if those posts that completely detract from the core aim of this thread were removed.

For once, it would be great if a thread wasn't polluted with irrelevant replies. This thread is a great idea, and some of these silly posts aren't helping. I wish a moderator would come and clean it all up.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

TBH, I'm genuinely surprised that some people feel compelled to crap virtually every thread on here and they are allowed to repeatedly do it. But particularly this thread, given its aim.

The purpose of this thread was to help people that find building modern systems a minefield with visualisations of potential solutions for them.

There are supposedly some intelligent people on here that, despite such intelligence, ought to brush up on the basic concept of needles and haystacks.

It would be a much more helpful thread for those looking for system ideas/tips if those posts that completely detract from the core aim of this thread were removed.

Hi Guys - All you need to do is ask. I was notified through the "Report Post" feature and saw what was going on. It's simple to make changes once I know the situation. I was in this thread a little bit ago, but didn't see where it had gone.

P.S. I think some of the commenters had good humor in mind while they were posting. I didn't mind it, but I'm not the only one browsing the site :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Guys - All you need to do is ask. I was notified through the "Report Post" feature and saw what was going on. It's simple to make changes once I know the situation. I was in this thread a little bit ago, but didn't see where it had gone.

P.S. I think some of the commenters had good humor in mind while they were posting. I didn't mind it, but I'm not the only one browsing the site :~)

Thanks Chris! A pure joy to look at a "clean" thread! :)

Hi Hurka,

Very good diagram.

Those chokes you refer to, are they the ferrite clip on type?

In my system (I didn't show them) they are on all of the digital only gear, but on general advice I've found on the web, I don't put them on the analogue gear, not even the DAC.

... however, everything else in my home, where possible, has ferrite chokes to reduce noise leakage back into the mains.

Tip, where possible never plug SMPS directly into the wall, use a mains block because then you can add chokes to the cable.

dac have separated clock power,battery,regulators and choke.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Hi Hurka,

Very good diagram.

Thanks!!I use normal isolation transformers 230v-230v 1:1.500w,40w,30w,10w.(total 12pcs.)

All gears are modded.Sound become .....Huuhh

And no need expensive power cord!!!!!!

Hi Hurka,

Very good diagram.

In my system (I didn't show them) they are on all of the digital only gear, but on general advice I've found on the web, I don't put them on the analogue gear, not even the DAC.

... however, everything else in my home, where possible, has ferrite chokes to reduce noise leakage back into the mains.

Tip, where possible never plug SMPS directly into the wall, use a mains block because then you can add chokes to the cable.

+1 I only have one power cord connected to mains the other (DC) is battery powered and not connected to mains while playing music. That single AC cable have a ferrite clip. I would be a little careful using them all over the place though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Computer Audiophile mobile app