IGNORED

Post Your System Topology - It Might Help Others To Improve Their Systems

r_w

Cool, what brand and model are the isolation transformers you are using?

Thanks!!I use normal isolation transformers 230v-230v 1:1.500w,40w,30w,10w.(total 12pcs.)

All gears are modded.Sound become .....Huuhh

And no need expensive power cord!!!!!!

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

All transformers made from MSB Technology and Plitron!!!??

Noooo!!!!!

All noname Chinese trafo,the biggest one toroidal in alu chassis.The others EI core.

Good electron tube gears use many dc choke inside.

But I don't have tube gears.So ac chokes help me a lot.

What? No isolators, reclockers, LPSes, power conditioners, chokes, and fancy cables? How can you even stand to listen? :)

Actually I'm just insanely jealous that you have a DAVE!

DAC has PLL and should have a great clock. For isolation, both DAVE and mR claim a galvanic isolation. So there is no problem. LPS-1 is the best power supply to mR and I don't need others. DAVE is quite immune to USB and the designer claim SMPS is OK for DAVE. So there is no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Updated the diagram to show where the ferrite clip on filters/chokes are.

SYSTEM2.jpg

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

• 2 weeks later...

That's brilliant... probably the most educational diagram yet.

On my laptop the LAN lines look a bit odd (can't workout full detail of LAN topology), but the explanation of your mains topology is excellent.

Finally complete.

[ATTACH]29866[/ATTACH]

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

That's brilliant... probably the most educational diagram yet.

On my laptop the LAN lines look a bit odd (can't workout full detail of LAN topology), but the explanation of your mains topology is excellent.

Oh the lan has just the yellow lines going nowhere. The setup is router, one managed and one unmanaged switch. Two airport extremes take care of wireless.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 1 month later...

hi all :)

was asked, in the AC Filtering etc. thread, to post my messy system's scheme here too so, even though I'm not sure why :P ... here it comes:

System.jpg

getmecoat.gif

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

ok, re my system... John Swenson sees, in my setup, a leakage through pre/dac/JS2/power strip which might be *attenuated* (... only attenuated? :-| ) by connecting the JS-2 to the same balanced transformer my pre and amplifier are connected to

all I need, to accomplish the above, is a m/f IEC power cord :)

though... I'm not sure my 1000VA transformer has juice enough for all those

(and also... next year I'll, hopefully, get a new pre and two mono power amps. still all tubes)

what about, instead:

a) powering the DAC from the HD-Plex or...

b) get another (Airlink?) balanced transformer for (both) the JS-2 (and)/or HD-Plex?

advice very welcome :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

ok, re my system... John Swenson sees, in my setup, a leakage through pre/dac/JS2/power strip which might be *attenuated* (... only attenuated? :-| ) by connecting the JS-2 to the same balanced transformer my pre and amplifier are connected to

(and also... next year I'll, hopefully, get a new pre and two mono power amps. still all tubes)

what about, instead:

b) get another (Airlink?) balanced transformer for (both) the JS-2 (and)/or HD-Plex?

Nice stuff you´ve got pl_svn! :)

Is it difficult to know what possibillities you´ve got. Can you for example move the second star wired strip (connected to DAC 2) and connect it to a second socket in the Wall (Schuko)? If possible try to separate AC & DC connected devices in different power strips.

Ofcourse an additional Airlink BPS or similar would be better...but will cost you some.

🎛️  Audio System  

Nice stuff you´ve got pl_svn! :)

Is it difficult to know what possibillities you´ve got. Can you for example move the second star wired strip (connected to DAC 2) and connect it to a second socket in the Wall (Schuko)? If possible try to separate AC & DC connected devices in different power strips.

Ofcourse an additional Airlink BPS or similar would be better...but will cost you some.

hi Cornan, and... thanks :)

unfortunately, close enough to everything and without creating overlaps between power and speaker cables runs, there only are those two wall sockets I'm already using: one Schuko and one 3 pins EU (originally there were three EU but I replaced two with the Schuko)

after John's post, yesterday, I had a look at those Airlink BPS and... might get one to replace the second power strip (each only holds 4 Schuko plugs) and connect both UpTone's JS-2 and Vinnie Rossi's LPS to it

also... not sure if I better get a plain IT or a balanced one (the Alpha Core BPS was a deal I found while looking for just a plain IT)

I would, this way, end up with a single power strip holding everything: two BPSs (or one BPS and one IT), one LPS and the ("secondary") DAC

might this work? :nervous:

headphones system:

what about, instead:

Hi pl_svn,

It's simple enough to plug the JS-2 into the BP30. Why not just try it? I have every one of my components plugged into the BP30. This includes my class A amp. Your are likely to hear an immediate improvement in sound quality with the broken ground loop.

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Hi Larry

yes: it is very easy indeed (all I need is the right power cord: my BP-30 has IEC sockets)

though, as I said, my only concern is about the BP-30 safely and comfortably handling all that :nervous:

headphones system:

Hi pl_svn,

It's simple enough to plug the JS-2 into the BP30. Why not just try it? I have every one of my components plugged into the BP30. This includes my class A amp. Your are likely to hear an immediate improvement in sound quality with the broken ground loop.

Larry

+1 if possible it is a good idea Imitche! It will surely brake the loop and likely sound better than my suggestion.

also... not sure if I better get a plain IT or a balanced one (the Alpha Core BPS was a deal I found while looking for just a plain IT)

I would, this way, end up with a single power strip holding everything: two BPSs (or one BPS and one IT), one LPS and the ("secondary") DAC

might this work? :nervous:

Well, this is not an easy question to answer. So many different opinions out there.

Listening to JS and Alex C it should be a isolation transformer with floating secondary only....connected to a unfiltered power strip.

There is many other opinions regarding this matter as well that includes balanced BPS, IT w/grounded secondary etc) that could makes your head spin. Anyway, personally I have descided to go for unshielded AC cables and a IT with a floating secondary. Pretty soon I will now if it is a good option for me...but even after I have tried it will still be difficult to know if it will be the very best option. I strongly beleive in a "simple" approach...and my setup is simply the least complicated that I could come up with! ;)

🎛️  Audio System  

I will receive my Peaktech 2240 isolation transformer with floating secondary today. Here is a new spagetti image how I am planning to put it together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30936&stc=1

Hi Cornan.

In keeping with this thread's title, I've a suggestion for a possible correction to the wireless side of your proposed system's topology. Under normal operation, the Auralic Aries Mini and the control point app that you have running on the Nexus 7 Android device (presumably the BubbleDS Next app in your sig) would use the WiFi network to communicate with each other.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30939&stc=1

They would only use a direct wireless connection to each other when you first use the Auralic's own Lightning DS controller app to configure the Aries Mini to recognise & thereafter connect to your WiFi network (though of course that would have to be on an iOS device, as there's no current version of Lightning DS for Android).

It's especially important to show a correct network topology if you are using wireless extenders, as it highlights which devices to check, should the communication fail for whatever reason.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hi Cornan.

In keeping with this thread's title, I've a suggestion for a possible correction to the wireless side of your proposed system's topology. Under normal operation, the Auralic Aries Mini and the control point app that you have running on the Nexus 7 Android device (presumably the BubbleDS Next app in your sig) would use the WiFi network to communicate with each other.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30939&stc=1

They would only use a direct wireless connection to each other when you first use the Aries Lightning DS app (though of course that would have to be on an iOS device, as there's no current version of it for Android) to configure the Aries Mini to recognise & thereafter connect to your WiFi network.

It's especially important to show a correct wireless topology if you are using wireless extenders, as it highlights which devices to check, should the communication fail for whatever reason.

John

Thanks for your input John! :)

Here is a revised spagetti image with a better view over the wireless connections. I am using BubbleDS Next as my control point app for my Aries Mini and in order for it to work you´ll have to setup the wireless connection with the iOS LightningDS app. I setup my Aries Mini with the routers 5G connection and click to forget 5G on all other wireless devices in the household. My Nexus 7 Gen 2 tablet is the only wireless device which are using the 5G-EXT connection to the wireless extender. In fact no other device connected to the wireless extender at all...and I intend to keep it that way. Using this approach is the best sounding wireless option IMO.

/Micael

Cornan spagetti image.jpg

Cornan spagetti image.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30948[/ATTACH]

I think thread actually is about *power* connections ;)

(... unless I got it all wrong once more :P )

EDIT: ooops, sorry: confused this thread with the "AC Filtering etc" one. blame it on the same peeps posting in both :P

:coat:

headphones system:

I think thread actually is about *power* connections ;)

(... unless I got it all wrong once more[emoji14])

EDIT: ooops, sorry: confused this thread with the "AC Filtering etc" one. blame it on the same peeps posting in both[emoji14]

:coat:

*Haha* OK pl_svn, blame it aaaall on me! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

🎛️  Audio System