IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

10 minutes ago, FYL said:

Can someone verify is this ripping method only limited to work with Ethernet connection?  is there an updated working Autoscript for Oppo 103  somebody can share?

been using wi-fi, at first, with my 103D. working fine but speed (lack of it, actually) was abysmal so I wired it

I'm still using the Autoscript folder and files linked at the very beginning, when this thread was started

try reformatting the USB stick (FAT32) and/or, possibly, try a different one: some just do not work

and make sure auto-play is disabled

not a great help, I'm afraid :(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

been using wi-fi, at first, with my 103D. working fine but speed (lack of it, actually) was abysmal so I wired it

I'm still using the Autoscript folder and files linked at the very beginning, when this thread was started

try reformatting the USB stick (FAT32) and/or, possibly, try a different one: some just do not work

and make sure auto-play is disabled

not a great help, I'm afraid :(

Thank you for your feedback.  I will keep trying... 

10 minutes ago, FYL said:

I will keep trying... 

also: insert the USB stick when your Oppo is off, *then* turn it on

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I have used both my Oppo 103D and my Oppo 105 to rip all of my SACD's to DSD via the iso2dsd method.  The only problems I had at first were not entering the port number (because I didn't know it - 2002) and then I had an old, defective USB stick which wouldn't work.  Once I got the port entered correctly and a good Sandisk USB stick, it was easy as pie.  My Oppos are not connected via Ethernet; both work just fine ripping over my WiFi network; just make sure you have the correct IP address for your Oppo entered into the iso2dsd interface.  Good luck!

24 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

also: insert the USB stick when your Oppo is off, *then* turn it on

I did not have to do this with my Oppo.  I turned it on and waited for it to finish booting up and the display to remain constant and then inserted the USB stick and the tray immediately opened.  I ripped my entire collection this way via WiFi; each disk took about 20 minutes to rip, but remember, these are very large files, so not like ripping a CD.

16 minutes ago, Redbeemer said:

I have used both my Oppo 103D and my Oppo 105 to rip all of my SACD's to DSD via the iso2dsd method.  The only problems I had at first were not entering the port number (because I didn't know it - 2002) and then I had an old, defective USB stick which wouldn't work.  Once I got the port entered correctly and a good Sandisk USB stick, it was easy as pie.  My Oppos are not connected via Ethernet; both work just fine ripping over my WiFi network; just make sure you have the correct IP address for your Oppo entered into the iso2dsd interface.  Good luck!

Thank you very much for the tips. The download link appears to have 2 folders, see snippet below, do I need both folders?  and do I need to edit anything with AutoScript files? I'll be using the iso2dsd program (i understand i need the correct IP with the iso2dsd program). 

image.thumb.png.ae659bf025e554b678c0969dd2f5b022.png

5 minutes ago, Redbeemer said:

I turned it on and waited for it to finish booting up and the display to remain constant and then inserted the USB stick and the tray immediately opened

oh, wow, never tried before. done right now and... it works indeed this way too! :)

headphones system:

19 minutes ago, FYL said:

do I need both folders?

here's what I have on my USB stick:

1615232397_Screenshot2020-06-08at18_50_34.jpg.16e4b6c6c27936de07c8d86ad4e5df99.jpg

then, as I'm using Terminal on macOS, I also have "sacd_extract" in the folder on my Mac I'm ripping DSDs to

but you don't need it if/when using ISO2DSD instead

19 minutes ago, FYL said:

do I need to edit anything with AutoScript files?

no

just be sure folder and files are named as in the above screenshot

headphones system:

11 minutes ago, FYL said:

The download link appears to have 2 folders, see snippet below, do I need both folders? 

No, you only need the folder called AutoScript.

12 minutes ago, FYL said:

and do I need to edit anything with AutoScript files?

No edits are necessary, in fact it's highly discouraged to poke around inside the files as they are easily broken with just one errant keystroke.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

3 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

here's what I have on my USB stick:

1615232397_Screenshot2020-06-08at18_50_34.jpg.16e4b6c6c27936de07c8d86ad4e5df99.jpg

then, as I'm using Terminal on macOS, I also have "sacd_extract" in the folder on my Mac I'm ripping DSDs to

no

The key part is to keep the outer enclosing folder called AutoScript to house the other 3 files as you have illustrated. For some reason many people get rid of that outer enclosing folder and just put it's contents on the thumb drive and that won't work.

I'd argue the part about using Terminal and sacd_extract will only confuse here, he is trying this with the ISO2DSD GUI, so use of Terminal is unnecessary in that scenario.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

4 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

the part about using Terminal and sacd_extract will only confuse here

post edited ;)

headphones system:

41 minutes ago, FYL said:

Thank you very much for the tips. The download link appears to have 2 folders, see snippet below, do I need both folders?  and do I need to edit anything with AutoScript files? I'll be using the iso2dsd program (i understand i need the correct IP with the iso2dsd program). 

image.thumb.png.ae659bf025e554b678c0969dd2f5b022.png

Yes, you need both folders, but the Autoscript is what goes on the USB thumb drive and the sacd_extract goes on your computer as it contains the executable file to begin the rip and communicate with the Oppo player and is also where your DSD files will be when the rip is complete.

now it is getting confusing indeed! 🤣

@MikeyFresh and @Redbeemer please find an agreement ;)

as I said I'm using terminal and have no idea 😶

headphones system:

3 minutes ago, FYL said:

Dear All, 

Thank you so much for all your inputs. It works now !! Love you all.   

It turned out that the 1st USB stick i used was the problem. Thanks again !!

Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out.  This a great benefit to audiophiles and something I had been wanting to do ever since SACD's were  introduced.  It will be interesting to see if things change since I have heard that Sony's copyright for SACD expires next year.  It would be great if SACD players could output DSD files over their Toslink or coaxial digital outputs as it would allow users to connect to the DAC of their choice without the downsampling that occurs with sending PCM over HDMI on most players now. 

28 minutes ago, Redbeemer said:

Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out.  This a great benefit to audiophiles and something I had been wanting to do ever since SACD's were  introduced.  It will be interesting to see if things change since I have heard that Sony's copyright for SACD expires next year.  It would be great if SACD players could output DSD files over their Toslink or coaxial digital outputs as it would allow users to connect to the DAC of their choice without the downsampling that occurs with sending PCM over HDMI on most players now. 

Agree. 

2 hours ago, Redbeemer said:

Yes, you need both folders, but the Autoscript is what goes on the USB thumb drive and the sacd_extract goes on your computer as it contains the executable file to begin the rip and communicate with the Oppo player and is also where your DSD files will be when the rip is complete.

I too am glad he got it working, but in the interest of complete clarity, he did not need both folders. The other folder is necessary only when using the CLI to execute the rips. This instance was a question about using the ISO2DSD GUI to execute the rips, in that scenario, the other folder is completely unneeded, only the AutoScript folder is necessary on the thumb drive when using the GUI.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, pl_svn said:

now it is getting confusing indeed! 🤣

@MikeyFresh and @Redbeemer please find an agreement ;)

as I said I'm using terminal and have no idea 😶

It's just as I said, the question here was about using the GUI, you only need the AutoScript folder on the thumb drive when using the GUI.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

13 hours ago, obscuredXclouds said:

1) Do I need to re-rip any ISO's I have made using this program? 2) To get the most out of SACDExtractGUI for pops/click and such should I enable the no-pad option (-z) and pauses (-b)?

Once you have the ISO extracted and safely stored, you've extracted all there ever is going to be from that SACD - so no, no need to re-rip. As for the extracted DSF files, try those -z and -b options; some DACs require it, some don't. If you hear artefacts, you can always re-extract from the ISO file.

Hi there!

I'm very happy with getting my SACD collection on HDD. I usually save the data as dsf-files for use with JRiver. The Sonore software worked flawlessly with my Oppo BDP-103 ... until now.

I just tried to save the data from the Tschaikowski SACD (1812 Overture et al., Gergiev, 2009) by the Mariinsky label and it failed miserably. I tried all options. Not even savíng it as ISO was possible. Is there any workaround?

I figured I did not have to rerip my ISOs, good to get confirmation. I am not having issues with DSF. Reading the documentation for all this and other postings. I believe by using nopad option, it makes a non-compliant file. Is there any downside to using nopad and pauses? I have a chance to rerip my collection and I want to future proof but I don't want any downsides either.