IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

4 hours ago, EugenF said:

Indeed Kal!

ISO's ripped with old versions with sacd_extract are ok. Nothing changed fundamentally here.  

In case of dsf/dff files maybe only for those guys who are very sensible to pops/crackles noises.   

Well, there are many variables including the software, hardware and setup along with personal sensitivities.  I had not been aware of the ticks between tracks on the Levine/Mahler but, prompted by this thread, I relistened and noticed them.  Now, they bothered but I cured them by that slight change in JRMC setup.

I also wonder about listening styles as a factor.  Some listen close-up, physically and acoustically, while others, like me, attend to the space/ambiance and, especially with good multichannel recordings, tend to minimize such ticks by regarding them along with random real noises.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

1 hour ago, pmarinac said:
Not so bad really if you kept the iso's somewhere in one place, more or less, and have plenty of disk space. I stored my iso's in the output directories so I had to sweep.exe copy the files back off of my NAS to reprocess them, but definitely worth it.  Batch files are your friend in this case.  Quick re-extract in a windows batch file with the commands:

Understood but, even so,it will take an earthshaking enhancement to justify it for the thousands of ISOs I have.  Not gonna do it.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

2 hours ago, EugenF said:

Starting from now version control is done.

Yippee!  Excellent for those of us who don't know what we've got!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

1 hour ago, EugenF said:

Latest builds:

Version 0.3.9.3-23-gb562b812f5984d6d181dd21961d422c28484c0aa pre-release.

https://github.com/EuFlo/sacd-ripper/releases/tag/0.3.9.3

I've just downloaded this latest version, but SACDExtractGUI only appears to display its own version number. I can't see any reference to what version of sacd_extract.exe is being run. Do I need new glasses or have I misunderstood what you mean by version control?

21 minutes ago, haggis999 said:

I've just downloaded this latest version, but SACDExtractGUI only appears to display its own version number. I can't see any reference to what version of sacd_extract.exe is being run. Do I need new glasses or have I misunderstood what you mean by version control?

Version is shown with test button on SACDExtractGUI

or 

sacd_extract -v

And returned:

sacd_extract version 0.3.9.3, built commit hash: 0.3.9.3-23-gb562b812f5984d6d181dd21961d422c28484c0aa

Every version of  build is now taken from git commit hash to know what release is.

The future builds will have automatically (from git) numbers like this: 0.3.9.3-24-hash..., 0.3.9.3-25-hash.....

3 minutes ago, EugenF said:

Version is shown with test button on SACDExtractGUI

I was just about to post back that the Test button didn't give me any version info, but then I noticed a second Test button on the top right corner and that did the trick.

Two buttons with the same name isn't ideal. Is anyone offering a later compilation of SACDExtractGUI than the version v0.1-5-g97d05f95 I am using?

While I truly appreciate Eugen's efforts, I just want to share that at least for my setup, I still get the best results (in terms of pops/ticks) with the original SACDExtractGUI linked here.

On Eugen's request, I tested his latest 0.3.9.3-23 on the troublesome Mahler 2 - Kaplan Vienna discs. My methodology was to replace the original sacd_extract.exe in the SACDExtractGUI package with Eugen's version. Just to be clear - I am listening for the pop at the track boundary during normal playback - i.e. gapless transition from track to n+1.

1. @mindsetversion in SACDExtreactGUI - with "padding-less DSF." Pop is still there, but extremely soft. 
  2. 0.3.9.3-23 pop is very slightly louder than the @mindsetversion in SACDExtreactGUI - but without "padding-less DSF."
  3. 0.3.9.3-23 pop is louder than the @mindsetversion in SACDExtreactGUI - with "padding-less DSF."

Not that I plan to anyway, but I'm not ready to do mass re-rips yet...

On 2/19/2020 at 1:22 AM, austinpop said:
  1. 0.3.9.3-23 pop is very slightly louder than the @mindsetversion in SACDExtreactGUI - but without "padding-less DSF."

Very funny  🙃 . In this case both apps are creating tracks with identical audio content, except mine adds a few more bytes for performer id3 tag. The first track generated by mindset app is bigger because pause is included in it.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:13 PM, KenKJS said:

Has anyone tried this with the Denon DBT-3313UD?

My understanding is that it uses the Mediatek MT8580 SoC for video processing.

On 10/6/2016 at 9:01 AM, jpu018 said:

Bump

Can anybody confirm/comment ?

Yes it does work, all this time later.

The Sony ARMv7 AutoScript is fully compatible with this Denon model as mentioned one week ago. It stands to reason the very similar but slightly less well appointed DBT-1713UD model will also work, however that still needs to be tested. I hope to test the DBT-1713UD on Monday evening. 

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

I have a Cambridge Azur 752BD and everything works except ; 

Version:  1.20
        Area Description Phonetic: Armenian Spirit
        Track Count: 18
        Speaker config: 5 Channel
        Track list [1]:
                Title[0]: Menk kaj tohmi
                Title[1]: Ana krunk
                Title[2]: Kani vordjan im
                Title[3]: Chant et Danse
                Title[4]: O'h intsh anush
                Title[5]: Matshkal
                Title[6]: Solo kamantcha: Dun en glkhen
                Title[7]: Garun a
                Title[8]: Chants de mariage
                Title[9]: Al aylukhs
                Title[10]: Plainte: en sarer II
                Title[11]: Azat astvatsn - Ter kedzo
                Title[12]: Sirt im sasani
                Title[13]: Hayastan yerkir
                Title[14]: Hey djan
                Title[15]: Hov arek
                Title[16]: Lamento: sev mut amper
                Title[17]: Alagyeaz - Khnki tsar
Processing [Armenian Spirit.iso] (1/1)..
We are done..

What and where is the latest version of SACD extract? 

Thanks

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I need help.

I have used this way to rip 50+  sacd's over the past couple years. 

I have recently moved the Oppo 103 to a new location in my house. Same internet/modem. 

Turned on Oppo. Plugged in the same thumbdrive I have been using. The drawer didn't open. Power cycled Oppo and tried again. Drawer still didn't open.

I Opened the 'iso2dsd_gui.exe' on my laptop and double checked the ip address and it was the same. Hit 'execute' and after a little while I got the 'failed to connect' error message. Checked the thumbdrive and all 3 AutoScript files were on there, but as I read the instructions it states that the files should be in a folder named Autoscript in the root drive.

So I created a new folder on the thumbdrive, moved the 3 files to 'new folder', and then renamed folder 'AutoScript'. Power cycled the 103, inserted thumbdrive and still no joy. Still get 'failed to connect'.

Turned off and disconnected VPN just in case and still won't work.  Unplugged the Oppo wireless adapter and hardwired the network connection, still nothing.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

No. it was one of the things I checked. The Oppo's address is the same. I'll triple check to make sure, but I don't think that's it.

The only thing I can think to do that I haven't tried, is to get a new thumbdrive. Possible that after a few years it has become corrupted somehow.