IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello, I am looking to save my few SACDs as digital files. I acquired a SONY BDP-S4100. I was able to download the files for this player. On a USB key and the first step goes pretty well ......
The USB stick connected,
The tray opens
Put a SACD
The reader indicates well that it cannot read by the HDMI.

And nothing more, I must miss a step.
I am launching SACDExtractGUI.
Ping and test are OK : [SUCCESS] Port 2002 of 192.168.0.33 is accessible.
Where is the path for sacd_extract.exe? "Browse" & "test":
[RUNNING] [G: \ à Albert \ Hifi-HC \ Rip SACD SONY \ sacd_extract-WINDOWS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2019-03-21 \ sacd_extract.exe, -v]

Correct ??

Run:
[RUNNING] [G: \ à Albert \ Hifi-HC \ Rip SACD SONY \ sacd_extract-WINDOWS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2019-03-21 \ sacd_extract.exe, -i, 192.168.0.33:2002, -s, -2 , -o, 😄 \ Users \ Albert \ Music]
Done but nothing at all.

Could you help me,
Excuse my unfluent English
Albert From France.

Second try with another PC on W10 64.

Tray opens,

SACD on and close it

Launching SACDExtractGUI last version.

browse for le path of the sacd_extract location on this PC.

ping ant test OK

Run and........................wait, wait wait.

The player is not running.

How many time does it take?

Double check folder structure on the USB stick. Autoscript folder containing files is in the root directory.

Try the sleep server method. Works best.

Insert USB stick, tray opens, insert SACD disc, press power button on remote. Tray closes and unit powers off.

Ripping should commence.

After failures, need to unplug/replug unit or hold power button for 10 sec to reset.

Not an expert like others here, but see you have posted twice.

1 hour ago, gbaya said:

browse for le path of the sacd_extract location on this PC.

To be clear, you have successfully browsed the path to sacd_extract.exe, yes?

If so, then the problem you are having is likely one of not putting the machine to sleep. You must first have enabled the Quick Start mode in the S4100's on-screen displayed menu Settings, the only way the machine can sleep is with Quick Start mode enabled.

Then, when you insert the USB flash drive and the tray opens, place a disc in the tray but do not close it, instead press OFF, the tray will then close, and you wait for the LED display to cease flashing OFF, and then Run the rip.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Thanks @JSchmidt 

I eventually figured out DSF was the way to go. I have also used XLD to convert to FLAC which looks to work OK. Not sure whether one converter is better than another.  I’ll take a look at Tascam. 

My DAC only supports DSD through what Accuphase calls HSLink and not it’s USB interface.  This looks to limit it to DSD from disc and an Accuphase SACD capable player. 

Cheers. 

It's oddly reassuring to hear that I am not the only one with a DAC that has some quirks processing DSD files.

My Naim NDS streamer/DAC plays single-rate DSD files except that it does not correctly interpret the track timing if the file is larger than 1 GB. Not a circumstance that comes up often, but does occur with some of the more dramatic late 19th century symphonies (e.g. Mahler). The problem would appear to be with the treatment of metadata that is contained in the DSF format, since the track will play the corresponding DFF file (which has no metadata) properly.

So my only solution to get the hi-res data of those recordings onto my server was to convert it to PCM.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, MikeyFresh said:

Breaking news out of Germany this morning indicates the Denon DBT-3313UDCI Universal Player can rip SACD ...

The next best candidates are its cousins Marantz UD5007 & UD7007.

Here is a method for a more systematic search pattern:

A fully automated ARMinfo script aiming to collect the following information.

1. Linux kernel version and ARM generation (kernelinfo.txt)

The aim is version 2.6.35 either with armv6l or armv7l

2. The exact MTK chip model and its featureset (chipsetinfo.txt)

-------------------
IC Version: MT8580CCAG
MSB: 000000c4
LSB: 00000022
table1: ffddb7c4
table2: 00003ffe
prot: 00000202
IPTV: 00000000
Byte28: 00000000
-------------------
MSB: 1100 - 0100
LSB: 0010 - 0010
  DivXHT    - 11
  DivXUltra - 01
  DivXHD    - 00
-------------------
------------------------------
                 ROM:	 |x
                  TZ:	 |x
                AACS:	v| 
			      ---------
              DivXHT:	 |x
           DivXUltra:	 |x
              DivXHD:	 |x
                SACD:	v| 
         DolbyTrueHD:	v| 
               DTSHD:	v| 
             3DVideo:	v| 
           DolbyDDCO:	v| 
            DivXPlus:	 |x
			      ---------
      DolbyHeadphone:	v| 
     DolbyPLIiIixIiz:	v| 
             DolbyEX:	 |x
    DolbyDigitalPlus:	v| 
       DolbyVSpeaker:	v| 
    DTSSurdSensation:	 |x
        Multichannel:	v| 
            DVDAudio:	v| 
           Playready:	v| 
                  RM:	 |x
               WMDRM:	v| 
           CinemaNow:	v| 
             Netflix:	v| 
         Macrovision:	v| 
         YahooWidget:	v| 
             Browser:	v| 
               AVCHD:	v| 
      AdobeFlashLite:	v| 
            Rhapsody:	v| 
                NTFS:	v| 
			      ---------
              2ndARM:	 |x
            DolbyAAC:	v| 
           AACPLUSv1:	v| 
           AACPLUSv2:	v| 
         HomeTheater:	v| 
                HDCD:	v| 
			      ---------
                 WMA:	v| 
                 WMV:	v| 
        H264_Encoder:	v| 
             HDMI_RX:	v| 
             DUAL_TX:	v| 
     2D3D_Conversion:	v| 
         InternalDIR:	v| 
     TransportStream:	v| 
			      ---------
            L2 cache:	v| 
------------------------------

Feel free to post your txt-files!

Good night 🌛

New to the forum and was excited to find this thread.  I have over 200 SACDs and would love to rip them for safe keeping and personal streaming.  Just got a Pioneer BDP-80FD and followed all the instructions and alas can't get it to go.

• USB stick formatted with FAT32. 
  • AutoScript subfolder and three files placed on stick from https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yl8cffq273ebah/SACD-extract-BDP160.zip?dl=0.
  • Pioneer is configured with a static IP (192.168.0.3) and all auto play and resume features are disabled.
  • Pioneer seems to boot up off the USB stick fine and ejects the tray.  I insert SACD and it is recognized and waiting.

But, near as I can tell, whatever daemon is supposed to fire up off the stick and listen on port 2002 for a connection from sacd_extract on the PC must not be working. 

I can ping the Pioneer fine, but nothing is listening on port 2002....

>>>

C:\sacd>ping 192.168.0.3

Pinging 192.168.0.3 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.0.3: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.3:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\sacd>telnet 192.168.0.3 2002

Connecting To 192.168.0.3...Could not open connection to the host, on port 2002: Connect failed

C:\sacd>.\sacd_extract -i 192.168.0.3:2002 -P -I

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.3:2002 for reading

C:\sacd>

>>>

Getting a dreaded libsacdread can't open for reading error.

I also disabled Windows firewall and used a crossover cable between the Pioneer and my laptop to rule out any port blocking from my router/switch.

I saw that @Scar972 ran into the same problem back on May 9, 2017.  Then on May 10 said that it was working "after finding the correct AutoScript". 

Can anyone point me at this file?  I downloaded the AutoScript from the link above.  It's the only one I could find from a search.  After hours of tinkering, all I can suspecting is that this download has a buggy AutoScript for the BDP-80FD.

200 SACDs and just spent $300 on a BDP-80FD and so far just sad trombone is the only music in my ears.  :(

Any help most appreciated!!

13 hours ago, joehirez said:

Can anyone point me at this file?  I downloaded the AutoScript from the link above.  It's the only one I could find from a search.  After hours of tinkering, all I can suspecting is that this download has a buggy AutoScript for the BDP-80FD.

Yes, dump the AutoScript you have now and use this one instead, it is known to work using the server method with the Pioneer and Sony armv6-based players.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Hello,

I’m new to this forum. First I want to thank all the people who contribute to this project, it will make things a lot easier for me. But I have a few questions. First I was wondering if the region lock of the Blu-ray player matter? Or does some region have special firmware that doesn’t work with this? And second I was wondering if anyone found out about more recent Blu-ray models? I live in China so finding these older models can be problematic. Importing them would be a pain du to custom regulations and heavy import duty. So it would be a lot easier if it’s a newer model that I can just buy in store.

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, GELIN said:

Hello,

I’m new to this forum. First I want to thank all the people who contribute to this project, it will make things a lot easier for me. But I have a few questions. First I was wondering if the region lock of the Blu-ray player matter? Or does some region have special firmware that doesn’t work with this? And second I was wondering if anyone found out about more recent Blu-ray models? I live in China so finding these older models can be problematic. Importing them would be a pain du to custom regulations and heavy import duty. So it would be a lot easier if it’s a newer model that I can just buy in store.

Thank you.

Ni hao and welcome to the forum!

The SACD ripping blu-ray disc player model list is maintained by @MikeyFresh.

As for potential devices which might be compatible to our process, you can either make use of the ARMinfo scripts or check the following device listing:

PIONEER devices with Linux Kernel v2.6.35

Disc players only:

BDP-3120
* Asian model from 2013, without SACD-playback

BDP-3220K
* Asian / Russian karaoke model from 2013, without SACD-playback

BDP-3130
* Asian model from 2014, without SACD-playback

BDP-LX58 / BDP-85FD
* Upper class model 2014

BDP-LX88 / BDP-88FD
* Flagship model 2014

Surround systems (disc player with integrated amplifier + loudspeakers):

MCS-333
MCS-535
MCS-737

MCS-434
MCS-636 +
MCS-838

MCS-FS131 -
MCS-FS232 -

* Model range sold 2013 in EU, RUS & ASEAN / + Asian models only / - EU models only

SONY devices with Linux Kernel v2.6.35

Disc players:

BDP-S185 / BDP-S186 / BDP-BX18
BDP-S190
BDP-S1100 / BDP-BX110
BDP-S3100 / BDP-BX310
BDP-A6000
BDP-S1200 / BDP-BX120
BDP-S3200 / BDP-BX320
BDP-S4200
BDP-S5200 / BDP-BX520

Surround sets:

2012:
BDV-N995W
BDV-N990W
BDV-N890W
BDV-N790W
BDV-N590
BDV-NF720
BDV-NF620
BDV-T79
BDV-T39
BDV-E690
BDV-E490
BDV-E390
BDV-E385
BDV-E290
BDV-E190
BDV-EF420
BDV-EF220

2013:
BDV-N9100W / BDV-N9100WL
BDV-N9900SH
BDV-N9150W / BDV-N9150WL
BDV-N8100W
BDV-N1WL
BDV-N7100W / BDV-N7100WL
BDV-E6100
BDV-E4100
BDV-E3100
BDV-E2100
BDV-EF1100
BDV-EF1

2014:
BDV-N9200W / BDV-N9200WL
BDV-N7200W / BDV-N7200WL
BDV-N5200W
BDV-NF7220

As for region codes, rest assured you are on the safe side.

Disc formats which discriminate against regions:

DVD-Video [1-8]
Blu-ray Disc [A,B,C]

Region-free formats:

SACD
DVD-Audio
HD DVD
Ultra HD Blu-ray

14 minutes ago, Nexus3 said:

Ni hao and welcome to the forum!

The SACD ripping blu-ray disc player model list is maintained by @MikeyFresh.

As for potential devices which might be compatible to our process, you can either make use of the ARMinfo scripts or check the following device listing:

PIONEER devices with Linux Kernel v2.6.35

SONY devices with Linux Kernel v2.6.35

As for region codes, rest assured you are on the safe side.

Disc formats which discriminate against regions:

DVD-Video [1-8]
Blu-ray Disc [A,B,C]

Region-free formats:

SACD
DVD-Audio
HD DVD
Ultra HD Blu-ray

Thank you very much for you reply, I will do some research on these models. I think I will get better luck with Sony players as they are pretty common here.

Maybe someone can help. I can make network ISO rips using my PS3. But for some reason, I cannot get my OPPO 103 to create ISO's. I have been using Sonore's programs for a long time. But I have switched over to the using SACDExtractGUI. I can ping fine but using the "test" button, it fails to connect, it tells me it cannot connect to port 2002. I use the software for both PS3 and the OPPO 103.

33 minutes ago, obscuredXclouds said:

Maybe someone can help. I can make network ISO rips using my PS3. But for some reason, I cannot get my OPPO 103 to create ISO's. I have been using Sonore's programs for a long time. But I have switched over to the using SACDExtractGUI. I can ping fine but using the "test" button, it fails to connect, it tells me it cannot connect to port 2002. I use the software for both PS3 and the OPPO 103.

Does the disc tray auto-open when you put the thumb drive into the 103?

Windows, macOS, or Linux?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

5 minutes ago, obscuredXclouds said:

Yes it does. I have used all three OS's and the compatible programs with them. The OPPO has always been unstable since purchasing it.

I have an Oppo 103 and it has not missed a beat ripping SACD.  On my Mac I am using iso2dvd.

image.thumb.png.4d9ab77bffd4b898e884e2bd55ad8e89.png

The Oppo has the following on the USB drive.

image.thumb.png.0228ff1cfcd118a7eca78e96d4905c95.png

14 minutes ago, obscuredXclouds said:

Yes it does. I have used all three OS's and the compatible programs with them. The OPPO has always been unstable since purchasing it.

Can you post a screenshot of the GUI settings, and with this current testing, which OS is in use?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Thanks MikeyFresh and PLB02. Sorry for getting back slowly, I had things to do over the weekend. PLB02, yes that is my USB structure and files. A couple of things I've heard in the past. Are there instances of USB sticks having issues? I have reformatted several of mine many times to start fresh. Maybe buy a new one? Does it matter what port to use? I am rebuilding a Studio Ubuntu box, since I tried the ZFS file system which did not really work well in use. I will start over with both my Windows box and Linux box and post any results.

1 hour ago, obscuredXclouds said:

Thanks MikeyFresh and PLB02. Sorry for getting back slowly, I had things to do over the weekend. PLB02, yes that is my USB structure and files. A couple of things I've heard in the past. Are there instances of USB sticks having issues? I have reformatted several of mine many times to start fresh. Maybe buy a new one? Does it matter what port to use? I am rebuilding a Studio Ubuntu box, since I tried the ZFS file system which did not really work well in use. I will start over with both my Windows box and Linux box and post any results.

So no go on the GUI settings then?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Hello All, 

I'm new here and found this thread years too late. I still own the Oppo 103 and had tried to use the Iso2dsd route to rip sacds but to no success. 

Downloaded the Autoscript but the tray won't open when inserted the USB.  Can someone verify is this ripping method only limited to work with Ethernet connection?  is there an updated working Autoscript for Oppo 103  somebody can share?

Appreciate your help !