IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

28 minutes ago, klassikmann said:

No "one-stop-shopping" - you need the combination of various open source products - but it works.

Marvelous!

Hello @klassikmann, glad you like the new DSD basic editing solution.

A few things to consider:

• If you prefer gap-less playback (of the .mka files), you can link the pieces before splitting:

image.png.15183dae9026ca175de7bdc3025484c5.png

• If you want to re-merge the cut pieces, drop the first part alone into the GUI and all the other parts afterwards - pick the penultimate option. This way all the parts will be sewed back into one piece.

image.png.513391db9f689d225d9d941b78934545.png

image.png.ee65b1d715c74e4e61b4285e53b8e029.png

• Seeking does not work with the individual .mka files (.wv, .dsf & single file .mka are fine)
  • Tags are lost after the cut / split

11 minutes ago, BluRay444 said:

DSDs for the masses!

🤘

On 6/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dick Darlington said:

The telnet connection must be made via the default telnet port, i.e. port 23, not 2002, which is the port sacd_extract listens on. 

@Dick Darlington @MikeyFresh @Nexus3

My player will not accept a Telnet connection on the default port (23). 

The Telnet command can actually be used to verify if an IP target is listening on a specified port even if the service listening on that port is not actually the telnet service.  I use this frequently to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues with my work, though in a Windows environment and not Linux, and can validate that it works.  

Since SACD Extract wants to connect to a service listening on port 2002 on the player, that's what I'm trying to test for.

Based on the error message from the "telnet 10.0.1.20 2002" command, I am assuming that one of two possibilities must be true:  

1.  The service that is supposed to start from the USB AutoScript that is supposed to listen for connections on port 2002 is not starting properly.

2.  Port 2002 is somehow being blocked between my computer and the player.  My Windows Firewall is disabled.  And since the computer and the player are both on the same subnet I am assuming my home Ethernet switch is passing traffic directly between the two without any port filtering at the switch.  I assume the Pioneer player's Linux OS is not doing any port filtering or firewall blocking, but maybe that's not a fair assumption. 

I've tried connecting from a Mac as well to rule out a problem with my and getting the same errors.  I can't connect from either computer to the player over port 2002 even though the player's IP address pings successfully from both machines.

The player does start up and run the AutoScript from the USB successfully.  The tray opens for the SACD.  Based on my troubleshooting so far, this strongly points to #1 above as the issue. 

I don't know how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue from here since I don't know how to see what's going on from the player's perspective.  

I am using the latest files from @MikeyFresh on my USB stick.  Maybe some specific issue with the daemon loading correctly on my Pioneer BDP-80FD?

Any other suggestions most appreciated!

19 minutes ago, Nexus3 said:

Now let the doctors see the contents of the AutoScript file you are feeding your Pioneer player with.

Exactly, let's have a look at the folder structure and contents of the USB flash drive, and also a screenshot of the settings in SACDExtractGUI.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

@Nexus3 @MikeyFresh

On 7/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, MikeyFresh said:

Exactly, let's have a look at the folder structure and contents of the USB flash drive, and also a screenshot of the settings in SACDExtractGUI.

So, just want to clarify that I'm not tinkering with telnet in Linux on the player at all.  Just using it on my Windows PC to test to see if the player is listening on port 2002 and that I can make a connection on that port from my PC.  The link below describes the handy way to use the Windows telnet client as a port tester if you're not familiar with this trick.

https://www.acronis.com/en-us/articles/telnet/

Below are screenshots of:

• The root of my USB stick

1764147173_USBRoot.thumb.PNG.263fb20dd77a57247d8902b337bf8cdc.PNG

• The contents of the AutoScript folder on the USB stick

28686721_USBAutoScript.thumb.PNG.f05d47f49944b019adfcf3cc735660cb.PNG

• My ISO2DSD GUI settings (as well as a command prompt showing a successful ping of the player but also a failed connection on port 2002).

522006676_iso2dsdfailedtoconnect.thumb.PNG.466af7b5661299e52040dbdbca0d649c.PNG

• Contents of AutoScript and AutoScript.TSS files

132705097_AutoScriptFiles.thumb.PNG.d74f38679c12d2a5e113a383e980c1aa.PNG

Thank you again so much for your time and assistance!

29 minutes ago, joehirez said:

@Nexus3 @MikeyFresh

So, just want to clarify that I'm not tinkering with telnet in Linux on the player at all.  Just using it on my Windows PC to test to see if the player is listening on port 2002 and that I can make a connection on that port from my PC.  The link below describes the handy way to use the Windows telnet client as a port tester if you're not familiar with this trick.

Below are screenshots of:

• The root of my USB stick

1764147173_USBRoot.thumb.PNG.263fb20dd77a57247d8902b337bf8cdc.PNG

• The contents of the AutoScript folder on the USB stick

28686721_USBAutoScript.thumb.PNG.f05d47f49944b019adfcf3cc735660cb.PNG

• My ISO2DSD GUI settings (as well as a command prompt showing a successful ping of the player but also a failed connection on port 2002).

522006676_iso2dsdfailedtoconnect.thumb.PNG.466af7b5661299e52040dbdbca0d649c.PNG

• Contents of AutoScript and AutoScript.TSS files

132705097_AutoScriptFiles.thumb.PNG.d74f38679c12d2a5e113a383e980c1aa.PNG

Thank you again so much for your time and assistance!

That all looks normal, suggesting the flash drive has a hidden primary partition, or is not using MBR as the partition scheme. I would recommend trying a different flash drive for the AutoScript.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Hello Everyone - I have spent hours perusing this thread in hopes of using a newly-acquired (used) Sony BDP-S6500 to rip my SACDs.  I am using a Win10 machine.  My BDP-S6500 is running v M26.R.0222 firmware.  I have done most steps, i.e.:

I have an 8 GB USB2 thumb drive formatted to FAT32

I have loaded AutoScript with the 3 files in the root directory of the USB stick

I have downloaded ISO2DSD to my PC to do the rips

Am I missing something?  I am just technical enough to want to try this, without really knowing what I am doing :).  Here is my issue (I think) - I have no idea how to apply patch "a" to the sacd_extract_160 file, so that I can use the BDP-S6500 to do the rips.  Is there a way of doing this using the command line interface in Windows?  What do I need to do?  I am sorry to be adding such a noob question at this point - I just can't seem to get to the next step.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Bob

This is what I see in ISO2DSD:

image.png.c1ac78eff9b565eefa82a6bf3797b2b5.png

On 7/7/2020 at 11:11 PM, joehirez said:

Good tip!

This looks potentially fantastic, thank you. However, I have a couple of simple (if perhaps embarrassing, for me) questions:

1) exactly what file(s) (and how many) get stored on the USB drive by this Autoscript ripping operation? I need to end up with FLAC files;

and

2) is it material (does it make any difference) whether one uses a Windows or MacOS computer to work with the material that’s stored on the local USB stick by this Autoscript ripping operation?

I’d be ripping off an Oppo BDP-105D ....

Thanks .... 

Missing rear channel when ripping multichannel SACD with Oppo 203

I just ripped a batch of both stereo and multichannel sacd's and right rear channel is missing.

It has been many months since I did this. Previous multichannel rips play back perfectly using same iso2dsd technique. I have tried creating files directly off spinning disc and from raw ISO with same result.

I have also downloaded the just released Mac OSX Version 7 of iso2dsd with same results. I have a 2012 quad core Mac Mini and have also run Disc Utility which checks out fine. Running playback of DSF files on ROON.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

On 7/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, Nexus3 said:

Glad you were successful, @bmeinhard!

Here is a new ARMinfo release, able to retrieve information from all MediaTek players which obey to AutoScript.

Special thanks go to @mindset (for supplying the crucial hint) & @MikeyFresh (for testing the Oppo fix).

264579216_SACDAutoRip_overview_v4a.thumb.png.320138f6484169abb7fbd49a99918c4f.png

Apart from the devices listed above, the following players are of particular interest, because of increased likelihood of being compatible with our current SACD-ripping solutions.

• Marantz UD7007
  • Pioneer BDP-LX58 / BDP-85FD
  • Pioneer BDP-LX88 / BDP-88FD
  • Sony BDP-S5200 / BDP-BX520
  • Sony BDP-A6000
  • Sony UHP-H1 (aka Sony's first DVD-Audio player)

As always feedback 📣(with txt files) is welcome, even for incompatible models (=kernel mismatch)!

What about a Sony BDP-S6500 where the firmware has been "upgraded" to be multi-region/zone free?

mQa is dead!

55 minutes ago, lucretius said:

What about a Sony BDP-S6500 where the firmware has been "upgraded" to be multi-region/zone free?

Should still work, though any firmware hack has the potential to break compatibility, but there are no incompatibility reports with other models that have the region/zone unlock.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

On 7/12/2020 at 1:06 PM, Nexus3 said:

Hello @Sidemounter,

Well thinking about transconding DSD to FLAC before even ripping the SACD, is like wanting apple pie before getting the apples off the tree. 😜

I would respectfully disagree... If your end goal is apple pie, and you're starting with an apple tree, there are a lot of things in-between you might want to consider before starting:

1. Are there apples on the tree and are they ripe

2. What ingredients do I need and if I don't have them, can I get them (flour, shortening, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, etc... (if I can't get them because, well this will never happen, but hypothetically, there's a deadly pandemic that has spread throughout every corner of the entire planet except for Antarctica, and store shelves often don't have everything they normally do in stock- but that's never going to happen)

3. If I get all the ingredients, do I have the tools that I need to construct the pie (mixer, sharp knife, rolling pin, pie plate, oven, timer, a source of energy (gas, electric, wood fire), plates, forks, spoons, etc), and if not, can I get them? 

4. Vanilla ice cream (YMMV)

5. Funds, if necessary to acquire any missing necessary ingredients or tools

6. An appropriate recipe or knowledge of how to make an apple pie

I would argue on plaintiff @Sidemounter's behalf, that it's prudent to not only think about the apple and the pie, an that knowing all things between the apple and the pie would be of importance to know before climbing the tree, lest the lack of an oven or flour coupled with the inability to procure them would make the entire exercise futile. Further, I stand by this analysis until such time that apple pies are found to grow on trees.

Respectfully, I rest my case

😋