IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

22 hours ago, Waynefi said:

COOL !!! I, as a virtual computer wan-a-bee got this to work !   So, thanks to those who thought of this and those who started and participated in this thread. Most recently, tdacquisto for the video and Tipo450s for the link with instruction sheet. I had some issues with getting it to work at first, and I believe the problem was related not ever using dropbox. I could not cleanly download and extract the files for Autoscript, so I went back and forth a few times with the deleting and downloading and got it right. Tried playing the SACD I ripped quickly late last night, JRiver found it right away, and it worked and sounded fine.

So I will see where I go with this. Now that I have sold off my VPI TT and related stuff(still more to go), I am sticking with this digital system . I do not know how much I will rip, as one of the reasons I bought the Complete Modwright Tube mods for my 105D, was to play discs, I will continue. I am also using the 105D USB DAC for now, which also sounds fine with the mods.

Still wondering how much extra wear and tear ripping discs on the OPPO does to the machine ??

Thanks again,

Wayne

PS: I still find this amazing how it works !!!

Good deal, Wayne!!  I don't think there is much wear and tear on when you rip a disc.  All disc players are made to play discs over and over for years....  

Longtime audiophile. Longtime IT professional. Two worlds finally collide!

I just ripped my first SACD with my Pioneer (170).

Thanks a lot to Ted and Mr. Wicked

I have some questions:

Where can I get a Copy of sacd_extract version v0.38 for Mac?

I found only a version for Win7.

Is there a differenz between the different versions of sacd_extract in ripping to Iso files?

I got some of my SACDs ripped with a PS3 and a quit old version of sacd_extract.

Thomas

Apologies if these are dumb questions (working my way through 109 pages defeated me after about 10 pages).

I have an Oppo 103, which is hard wired into my network at 192.168.1.21, and which I can successfully ping from a command line prompt on my Windows 10 computer. I've turned off autoplay and autoresume, as suggested.

I downloaded files from dropbox account, as described, and followed instructions as best I could (see below). I installed latest Java, as iso2dsd wouldn't run without it.

I've tried three different ways of ripping with a number of different commercially purchased (ie 'real') SACDs - unsuccessfully every time. 

1. Created clean USB with an 'AutoScript' folder containing three files:

AutoScript (23/04/2015, 1Kb);

AutoScript.TSS (23/04/2015, 1Kb); and 

sacd_extract (18/02/2015, 345Kb).

2. Created Folder 0SACD on D:\ drive, which has 1Tb free space. Placed two files in it:

sacd.cmd (shows as today, 1Kb); and

sacd_extract.exe (shows as today, 951Kb).

3. Edited sacd.cmd in Notepad to read "sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.21:2002 -P -I"

4. Turn on Oppo, insert USB stick, wait until drawer opens, insert SACD, close drawer, wait until it shows SACD on screen. [BTW, have tried leaving both USB stick in and taking it out before pushing close.]

5. Go back to Computer

VERSION 1

A. Right click sacd.cmd, 'Run as adminstrator'

B. UAC asks if I really want to do it, I say yes, a window momentarily opens and closes again. 

C. Nada

VERSION 2

A. Right click sacd_extract.exe, 'Run as administrator'

B. UAC yes.

C. Window temporarily opens and closes.

D. Nada

VERSION 3

A. Extract iso2Dsd_PC_v7.zip into Folder D:\0SACD\ iso2Dsd_PC_v7, containing

_MACOSX folder (ignored); 

iso2dsd_gui.exe (23/01/2014, 145Kb); 

iso2dsd_gui.jar (24/01/2014, 84Kb);

sacd_extract.exe (29/07/2017,1,073Kb); and

version.txt (3/08/2015, 1Kb).

B. Right click iso2dsd_gui.exe, run as administrator.

C. Select server input; set IP address/port to 192.168.1.21:2002; set channel mode to stereo, output mode to Sony DSF.

D. Click 'Execute'

E. The first three or four times I got 'Unable to connect, libsacdread...' errors.

F. The last time a window briefly opened and closed, and now nothing is happening(as far as I can tell - I'm not sure what signs I should expect that something is happening...).

I'll keep playing for a while, but would appreciate any help. Happy to hit my forehead and say 'Doh!'

GT in OZ

Digital = Personally built fanless and battery-powered Windows Server 2012 running JPlay + JRiver, Tidal and Roon (in that order) through JCat USB card to MSB Reference DAC with Quad USB and Analogue inputs + UMT for discs:

Analogue = Rebuilt Linn Sondek + Radikal with Woodsong base, Sole VIII sub-Chassis plus armboard, Tiger Paw Khan + Tranquility; Origin Live Conqueror IIIc: Acoustical Systems Archon cartridge; AudioNet PAM G2 + EPS G2:

d'Agostino M400 stereo pair amplifiers plus Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

11 minutes ago, GT in OZ said:

Apologies if these are dumb questions (working my way through 109 pages defeated me after about 10 pages).

I have an Oppo 103, which is hard wired into my network at 192.168.1.21, and which I can successfully ping from a command line prompt on my Windows 10 computer. I've turned off autoplay and autoresume, as suggested.

I downloaded files from dropbox account, as described, and followed instructions as best I could (see below). I installed latest Java, as iso2dsd wouldn't run without it.

I've tried three different ways of ripping with a number of different commercially purchased (ie 'real') SACDs - unsuccessfully every time. 

2. Created Folder 0SACD on D:\ drive, which has 1Tb free space. Placed two files in it:

4. Turn on Oppo, insert USB stick, wait until drawer opens, insert SACD, close drawer, wait until it shows SACD on screen. [BTW, have tried leaving both USB stick in and taking it out before pushing close.]

5. Go back to Computer

VERSION 1

B. UAC asks if I really want to do it, I say yes, a window momentarily opens and closes again. 

C. Nada

VERSION 2

B. UAC yes.

D. Nada

VERSION 3

A. Extract iso2Dsd_PC_v7.zip into Folder D:\0SACD\ iso2Dsd_PC_v7, containing

_MACOSX folder (ignored); 

iso2dsd_gui.exe (23/01/2014, 145Kb); 

iso2dsd_gui.jar (24/01/2014, 84Kb);

sacd_extract.exe (29/07/2017,1,073Kb); and

version.txt (3/08/2015, 1Kb).

B. Right click iso2dsd_gui.exe, run as administrator.

C. Select server input; set IP address/port to 192.168.1.21:2002; set channel mode to stereo, output mode to Sony DSF.

D. Click 'Execute'

E. The first three or four times I got 'Unable to connect, libsacdread...' errors.

F. The last time a window briefly opened and closed, and now nothing is happening(as far as I can tell - I'm not sure what signs I should expect that something is happening...).

I'll keep playing for a while, but would appreciate any help. Happy to hit my forehead and say 'Doh!'

Use a small usb stick like 4gb.

format the drive so it has a partition and to Fat32.

iso2dsd Exe needs to b in the same folder as the 1tb space.

keep reading amp this thread, perhaps search on Cambridge instead, it’s the same chipset as oppo with less hits than oppo and results are quicker

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Have a look at this post, it explains how to use telnet to test if the "server" is running (and listening on the network) on the SACD player.  (If you are running a newer version of Windows you may not have Telnet installed, but I believe it is still free and available for download/install from Microsoft):

If you can telnet to the player using this test, then the problem is at your PC end, if you cannot telnet to the player, then the problem is with the USB stick or the files (or the content thereof), on the USB stick.

HTH!

Cheers,

Matt.

6 hours ago, GT in OZ said:

5. Go back to Computer

VERSION 1

C. Nada

VERSION 2

B. UAC yes.

D. Nada

The setup on the player side sounds fine, given that the drawer is opening.

On the PC side, open up a command prompt (click the start button in the bottom left, type "cmd.exe" without the quotes and run that) and run sacd.cmd within the command prompt, rather than running it directly.  There's probably no need to run it as administrator for this.  This will allow it to display any error messages rather than the window closing immediately.  It could be something as trivial as Windows Firewall (or other 3rd party firewall software) blocking communication with the Oppo on the required port.

My advice is to not spend any time trying to get the Java UI working until you get sacd_extract working from a command line.  I'm pretty sure iso2dsd actually uses sacd_extract to communicate with the Oppo, so the Java part of it just introduces additional variables into the equation.

4 hours ago, mutant_matt said:

If you can telnet to the player using this test, then the problem is at your PC end, if you cannot telnet to the player, then the problem is with the USB stick or the files (or the content thereof), on the USB stick.

Actually, it could still be a problem on the PC end, such as aggressively configured firewall software that's blocking the connection.

12 minutes ago, greynolds said:

Actually, it could still be a problem on the PC end, such as aggressively configured firewall software that's blocking the connection.

Yep, fair point (I forget that people run local Firewalls on their Windows PCs as part of security suites and that a Firewall they are running might stupidly block outbound connections to the local LAN - that would be IMO extremely dumb, but deffo worth proving/checking!)

You *should* really get a popup from the Firewall if that were case though! (like I seem to recall ZoneAlarm used to do).

Good spot :)

Haggis999, I didn't overlook your link - in fact I have a print out in front of me. In effect version 3 above is your suggested method (and I tried that first). 

GT in OZ

Digital = Personally built fanless and battery-powered Windows Server 2012 running JPlay + JRiver, Tidal and Roon (in that order) through JCat USB card to MSB Reference DAC with Quad USB and Analogue inputs + UMT for discs:

Analogue = Rebuilt Linn Sondek + Radikal with Woodsong base, Sole VIII sub-Chassis plus armboard, Tiger Paw Khan + Tranquility; Origin Live Conqueror IIIc: Acoustical Systems Archon cartridge; AudioNet PAM G2 + EPS G2:

6 hours ago, GT in OZ said:

Haggis999, I didn't overlook your link - in fact I have a print out in front of me. In effect version 3 above is your suggested method (and I tried that first). 

My multi player is a Pioneer BDP-170 (the european equivalent to the US BDP-80FD). I only succeed if I use a bootable USB stick.

I'm not sure whether this is a strong requirement (for the DBP-170 at least), it's my experience only.

When I turned the Oppo on today it changed ip address, so I've changed that where necessary. I will make it static next attempt.

Problems seem to be at the computer end as far as I can tell - the Oppo drawer opens when I put my new 4Gb USB stick in (previously using 32Gb, but following above recommendation I dug out an old 4Gb stick and set that up).

I can ping the new address. 

I went through the whole telnet rigmarole despite debate above, with the following outcomes: 

Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.1.16
Connecting To 192.168.1.16...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.1.16 110
Connecting To 192.168.1.16...Could not open connection to the host, on port 110: Connect failed
Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.1.16 2002
Connecting To 192.168.1.16...

[Has been sitting on this for 20 minutes - no action ??? Eventually I closed it down.]

I've put sacd.cmd + sacd_extract.exe in both C:\ and D:\5ACD\ and tried to run from both - in all cases I get message that Windows has a problem with sacd.exe - specifically sacd.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available.

I opened my Firewall, and specifically allowed access to sacd.exe in both locations.

Same problem.

I'll reboot and try the is02dsd process next. 

GT in OZ

ISO2DSD doesn't work in my situation either.

Opened the Firewall, and specifically allowed iso2dsd_gui.exe and the version of sacd_extract.exe in that folder through the firewall. (BTW - why is this sacd_extract.exe different to the one you put on the USB stick, and the one you use with sacd.cmd?)

Ran iso2dsd_gui.exe, with correct ip address. Get

Failed to connect 
libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.16:2002 for reading 

Feel like I'm just thrashing around in the dark now.

Anybody got a flashlight?

GT in OZ

Hi Gregavi - any way of defining 'correct' files? I don't mean this cynically - e.g. could you somehow point me to the exact files you use? thanks.

GT in OZ

I know you are not being cynical because I went through the same frustration you did. The correct files depends on what player you are using. I found a guy here on this thread that was using the same blu ray player that I am (Pioneer BDP-80FD) and he gave me the page # from this thread that pointed me to the correct files. What player do you have?

I've got an Oppo 103 - though it's been modified for region free play here in Australia, and perhaps this is a factor.

GT in OZ

Any region-free modification has no effect on the exploit being used here, which concerns the most basic structure of the player, as many previous posts have confirmed.

As mentioned in a post long ago (back when they had numbers, it was 71) there are at least three different Autoscript folders and one should be used for the Oppo and the others for the Pioneer.  The Oppo does not use the Telnet one.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, there are customizations out there. So here goes: There are at least three different Autoscripts:
* the one I originally linked (and seems to be working fine for some CA Oppo users, for example) is the one for automatic sacd_extract execution. It's contents looks like this:
#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

* below is a similar Autoscript with extra buffering for the BDP-160 (see my dropbox link below or Maldur's post and follow instructions)

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract_160 /)
CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_160 -S &)

* there is another for the manual telnet sacd_extraction and requires command line execution, but allows one to watch via telnet, and add buffering manually. It's content looks like this:
#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
SLEEPMS(3000)
CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b clear_msg)
CLI(CLI_app.vfdmg.b scroll_msg start)
SLEEPMS(5000)

Hi Phthlocyanine. Thanks for that. I've just confirmed that I have the first one, 'that seems to be working fine for some CA Oppo users' - see below. So it would seem that I have managed to download the correct AutoScript. 

So, is it possible I've mixed up the sacd_extract.exe files? I notice that I have at least three different ones. In my current setup there is

1. a 345 KB file created on 18/02/2018 on the USB stick; 

2. another at 951 KB created on 29/12/2018 which sits in the sacd_extract folder in the root drive of my computer, and is (presumably) referred to by the sacd.cmd in the same folder; and

3. another of 1,073 KB, created on 29/07/2018, which sits in the same folder as the iso2dsd_gui.exe program file.

Is this how is should be?

AUTOSCRIPT

#MTKAT 0.xx script

GT in OZ

1 hour ago, guthrie_m said:

Has anyone been working on being able to rip sacd from a oppo 205? I have been having trouble finding a oppo 103 or 105?

An Oppo 20x cannot rip SACD.

There's no negotiation, if possibles, or maybes, a very simple no, it doesn't rip SACD. The supply of 10x is drying up, try for the Pioneer models or the Cambridge CXU.

2 hours ago, GT in OZ said:

Hi Phthlocyanine. Thanks for that. I've just confirmed that I have the first one, 'that seems to be working fine for some CA Oppo users' - see below. So it would seem that I have managed to download the correct AutoScript. 

So, is it possible I've mixed up the sacd_extract.exe files? I notice that I have at least three different ones. In my current setup there is

1. a 345 KB file created on 18/02/2018 on the USB stick; 

2. another at 951 KB created on 29/12/2018 which sits in the sacd_extract folder in the root drive of my computer, and is (presumably) referred to by the sacd.cmd in the same folder; and

3. another of 1,073 KB, created on 29/07/2018, which sits in the same folder as the iso2dsd_gui.exe program file.

Is this how is should be?

AUTOSCRIPT

#MTKAT 0.xx script

The autoscript folder should look like this, the dates maybe different, depends when stored.

image.thumb.png.ea241331d879b728cca749cbb024a483.png

What's in the Autoscripts

Autoscript
Autoscript.TSS
sacd_extract

Autoscript contents:

==========================================================

#MTKAT 0.xx script

Autoscript.TSS

#MTKAT 0.xx script

There's an instruction for the CXU enclosed, it is the same for any Oppo 10x unit as well as the rar for the three files.

160724 SACD Rip instructions using CXU.txt

AutoScript.rar