IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Would have to go over it to give you something useful and I'll do that as soon as possible. A quick obvious one, it's huge! Take my own or anyone's 10-15 steps flow to get the job done as a comparison. That's why I suggested a much more compact 'Quick Start' alongside.

Hi Phil,

I wonder whether it would be nice to have a different AO interface, like a traditional GUI application. Maybe add a menu (Setup, Service Tool, Set Filters, Help). We could select all the set up options on one page and walk away while AO installs and reboots. This would be simpler to use with a config file too. Just import the file and it would pre-set the options for review.

This could present your fine work elegantly in the manner it deserves. I realise such an app would entail some work and I have no wish to delay the final release of 3.0. Perhaps 3.1?

Just a thought. The application designer in me couldn't resist 🙂

@ Phil, 

Happy to hear your feeling better, seeing your back 🙂

On 3/14/2019 at 9:26 AM, AudioPhil said:

Interesting bit about the JPLAYfemto activation. Can you reproduce this behavior, or did this happen only once?

Interesting bit about the JPLAYfemto activation. Can you reproduce this behaviour, or did this happen only once?

"Confirmed seems this only happened once and has been ok on subsequent rebuilds - No action required". 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:29 AM, AudioPhil said:

well normaly AO makes the drivers working at all, and not vice versa :) Or in other words, in most cases its impossible to make the DAC drivers working at all if you have not installed AO already and done a few specific steps.

There are a few features which might not work well with your DAC driver, such as:

- Disabling Plug and Play Service

- Disabling Windows Management Instrumentation

- Also you might try the very last question by AO about T&A DAC8, etc

Phil,

In all the years with AO and each upgrade I have never had this situation. I have always installed JPLAY and my DAC driver on a clean OS and tested audio is operational in a dual JPLAY PC setup. Then I install AO for optimisation. Though with AO 3.0 the DAC driver is knocked out when running AO optimisation for the first time and I have to reinstall the DAC driver. Easily fixed with a reinstall but different behaviour compared to all versions of AO before 3.0

I adopted the process outlined in the online manual https://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

“Best Practice After installing Windows, a Media Player, Drivers for your DAC or DDC as well as the AudiophileOptimizer be sure that everything works before you actually use the AudiophileOptimizer”

OK if AO 3.0 is changed and does not follow the previous manual processes explicitly and a new manual will guide the right process to use 😊

Cheers

John

On 3/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, AudioPhil said:

the next manual will be completely rewritten and splittet into several parts. This will make the main manual 60%-70% smaller.

if you have something specific please let me know! 👍🏼

I suggest an express setup section, dedicated only to WinServer 2019 GUI installation and optimization (including the Windows GUI replacement of course). This should give you a much wider customer base. Since it is reported the SQ of optimized GUI is gaining on core, it would really help those of us that do not have the time investment to learn all the capabilities required for core use.

Does 3.0 have a shutdown shortcut ?

Does 3.0 have shortcut to Ethernet adapter options?

On 3/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, billg said:

Hi Phil,

I wonder whether it would be nice to have a different AO interface, like a traditional GUI application. Maybe add a menu (Setup, Service Tool, Set Filters, Help). We could select all the set up options on one page and walk away while AO installs and reboots. This would be simpler to use with a config file too. Just import the file and it would pre-set the options for review.

This could present your fine work elegantly in the manner it deserves. I realise such an app would entail some work and I have no wish to delay the final release of 3.0. Perhaps 3.1?

Just a thought. The application designer in me couldn't resist 🙂

I have this whish as well since a long time :)

it would basically mean to start from scratch, so we won‘t see this :(

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 3/17/2019 at 5:56 AM, motberg said:

I suggest an express setup section, dedicated only to WinServer 2019 GUI installation and optimization (including the Windows GUI replacement of course). This should give you a much wider customer base. Since it is reported the SQ of optimized GUI is gaining on core, it would really help those of us that do not have the time investment to learn all the capabilities required for core use.

Does 3.0 have a shutdown shortcut ?

Does 3.0 have shortcut to Ethernet adapter options?

You can shutdown using the AudiophileShell

____________________________________________________________________________________

In addition to the wish for a Canon DSLR C1/C2 like button, I wish there's another button in SETUP (st) or AUDIOPHILE SHELL that reports the selected choices of tuning parameters.  One example is choice of Sound Signature and Digital Filter.

That way the AO3 user would be able to more easily and accurately monitor what choices he has made versus the resulting SQ he has got, then make the more precise adjustments that he desires.

As a sophisticated tuning tool for Windows environment, I think such capability provided by AO3 would make the software even more efficient, more professional, elegant and sleeker.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

I'd love if Control-PC's Audiophile Optimizer could set the parameters of the Audio-PC, without monitor, through the network. I can access it remotely, but it would be fantastic if, through Control-PC, we could configure both, Control-PC and Audio-PC...

Besides that, I confess that there's not much I can wish for Audiophile Optimizer that it already doesn't do...

I have started using a two PC setup.  

JPlay recommends using a separate subset for the Control to Audio PC Ethernet

My Control PC has three LAN connections my Audio PC has one.

If I use the one LAN connection on the Audio PC on a separate subnet from the Internet for example  192.168.1.10  and I use  192.168.0.10 on the control PC for internet along with 192.168.0.1for  Gateway then I don't believe I can assign a second gateway of 192.168.1.1 for an internet connect to the AudioPC.

Will this prevent AO from oepratin on the Audio PC given ther is no Internet connection?

In the interim I'd use a USB to Ethernet adapter to provide internet access to AudioPC if an integrated network adapter isn't available.  That way there's no need to wait for indefinite period of time until final release.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

6 hours ago, thuandb said:

In the interim I'd use a USB to Ethernet adapter to provide internet access to AudioPC if an integrated network adapter isn't available.  That way there's no need to wait for indefinite period of time until final release.

thanks  I will try this

18 hours ago, thuandb said:

In addition to the wish for a Canon DSLR C1/C2 like button, I wish there's another button in SETUP (st) or AUDIOPHILE SHELL that reports the selected choices of tuning parameters.  One example is choice of Sound Signature and Digital Filter.

That way the AO3 user would be able to more easily and accurately monitor what choices he has made versus the resulting SQ he has got, then make the more precise adjustments that he desires.

As a sophisticated tuning tool for Windows environment, I think such capability provided by AO3 would make the software even more efficient, more professional, elegant and sleeker.

Do you know the „settings log“ feature of AO :)

Friends, I think you are complicating things a little bit. If by "shutdown" you are referring to turn the computer off, just type sconfig.cmd in the command prompt. Here you can see that options 13 and 14 allow you to shut down or restart your computer. This is in the case of Windows Server (I think the vast majority here uses). I don't know if Audiophile Shell needs something like this.

Regarding to network parameters, it's also possible to do it by command prompt or by PowerShell. Just use the right commands. But I think this is a very useful option that would greatly simplify our life, if it exists in Service Tools or elsewhere.

5 hours ago, motberg said:

Can you access Ethernet adapter properties to set a static IP address via the AudiophileShell ?

Yea, just launch command promt and the start sconfig

Yes theese where the good times...

tell the customer to grab a coffee and make a 30 minutes break because of an IP change or similar... :D