IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hello 

If all goes well i‘ll publish Beta 38 tonight. Just a few little fixes in setup.exe and AudiophileShell. More details tonight.

If you are using Windows in GUI mode, please delete the AO and ServiceTool shortcut on the desktop before installing the update.

After the AO update has been installed please report your OS version and if the shortcuts for AO and ServiceTool have been properly recreated. Thank you.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello 

If all goes well i‘ll publish Beta 38 tonight. Just a few little fixes in setup.exe and AudiophileShell. More details tonight.

If you are using Windows in GUI mode, please delete the AO and ServiceTool shortcut on the desktop before installing the update.

After the AO update has been installed please report your OS version and if the shortcuts for AO and ServiceTool have been properly recreated. Thank you.

Best,

AudioPhil

Updated to 38 .Server 2019 in Core.

All working for me

I was just informed about the passing away of my friend Dan. He died in the morning of April 5th in his music room surrounded by his wife and children. AO 3.00 is dedicated to Dan and will be released in his memory.

@dtb300, you where a truly great friend and I'll miss you very much. Thanks for everything, thank you.

Rest in peace Dan

____________________________________________________________________________________

xxxPhilxxx

I am so sorry to learn of your friend Dan's passing. If you will permit me, I shall remember your friend Dan through music and my enjoyment of that music will be enhanced by AO3.00, which you have chosen to dedicate to his memory. It is a wonderful and wholly appropriate gesture.

Sending heartfelt sympathy to you and Claudia

Thanks for all the reports. Yes, sconfig does not work with all network drivers. It has been like that ever since, out of the box. Only Microsoft could fix this. But they never will, its been like that since years.

As long as it starts we‘re fine and all good! 👍🏼

I installed B38 over B37 (on WS2019 GUI single PC) while in shell replaced mode (Roon server shell) with serivices still disabled. I had no AO-shortcuts before on desktop and didn't get shortcuts after update to B38. I only checked by opening Task Manager (while in shell replaced mode)...opened explorer and checked desktop folder...I did not load full GUI. If this is of any help...?

BUT I made a big finding by chance after installing B38 by comparing a Roon-Server sound to JplayFemto/HifiCast sound on my system (WS2019 GUI, single PC, shell replacement, local music files over USB to Matrix Audio X-SPDIF2 over AES/EBU to Devialet 200 (mod.)).

Before there was a big difference in favour of JplayFemto. Now I recognised a big difference in favour of Roon. I've to say that I've set all settings to extreme in Jplay settings (UltraStream, KS: X-SPDIF2, 1000Hz, Hibernate ON) and I was only able to go to 1000Hz with the help of the MA X-SPDIF 2. I never had such a transparent, natural, speedy fast, big stage, sounding system before JplayFemto. I tried Roon roughly a year ago and compared it to Foobar/Jplay 6.2 at the time but Roon had no chance in terms of SQ. It was too dull/cloudy, not transparent and very lush and uncontrolled in bass.

Now this time in Roon (on B38 WASAPI) I used the output 'X-SPDIF2 WASAPI' to my Matrix Audio converter (clock) and by choosing this output it changed the whole game. Lots of transparency, airy stage, speed and precision came to the picture. I liked it very much and I was wondering if I fool myself, because due to my experience the bigger and more extensive the control app was (...and Roon is BIG) the less involving the music came out (w/ attributes see above).

In Roon I now started to turn off every setting that tends to interrupt/count or do anything in the background you don't need when only listening to music...and yes... 'every thing (bit) counts...' You simply hear it when the controll software doesn't have to 'work' in the background...I'm still confused here because I assume Roon to be much more industrious in the background than Jplayfemto but still Roon sounds more detailed, calm, dynamic and the like when using the WASAPI output.

So my question is. Did AO 3.0 in conjunction with WS2019 change the picture when it comes to comparing SQ of ASIO (Jplay) to WASAPI (Roon) output? Any suggestion Phil? Why is it?

One thing I also recognised is the importance of 'Process Lasso' in this game. My PC is only Dual Core but nonetheless I moved all audio processes to core 1 and everything else to core 0 in Process Lasso (and ticked all other prios for audio processes). But it wasn't until I moved the process 'processreaper' to core 1 that Roon made a big leap in SQ. 'processreaper' belongs to Roon what I didn't know before and I still wonder that isolating a single process like this to one core makes such a big difference in SQ (for good SQ 'processreaper' has to be on the same core as Roon server so).

Talking AO 3.0 the last Beta (B38) is the best in SQ. Very natural...very nice Phil...congrats. The precision (and every aspect that comes along with it) of music is unmatched. It's a pleasure to dive into the music with AO3.0.

Hope to see you on the HighEnd fair in Munich. Which booth do you have?

my sympathy,

gui

I will be at High-End Friday to Sunday and mainly be at the booth of SOtM Audio as well as Hifistatement.net. 

Looking forward to see as many of you as possible! 🙂

Sorry to hear the bad news about DAN.

AOb38: SUCCESSFUL: From Scratch:
DAC/DDC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
Driver/Version: T+A USB Audio USB Driver / 1.0.62.0
Need to press F8: NO
Player: HQPlayer 3.25.3
KS working: YES
WASAPI working: YES
Needed HD Audio Driver: NO

PS:
Control "PC": Mac OS 10.14.4 / Roon 1.6 (build 401)

On 4/12/2019 at 3:05 AM, lesslosses said:

I made a big finding by chance after installing B38 by comparing a Roon-Server sound to JplayFemto/HifiCast sound on my system (WS2019 GUI, single PC, shell replacement, local music files over USB to Matrix Audio X-SPDIF2 over AES/EBU to Devialet 200 (mod.)).

On 4/12/2019 at 3:05 AM, lesslosses said:

Thanks for this information, I also use the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF2,  in my case feeding I2S to a PSAUDIO DirectStream DAC.

I am having a similar experience with Roon SQ.  As I continue to optimize ( dual PC Setup with LPS, Matrix X-SPDIF2, AO, etc) my overall setup the GAP between Roon and JPlayFemto /Bubble UpNP continues to narrow.  I have not implemented Process  Lasso, Fidelizer or RAMDISK yet,  they are on the list and I am sure will close the GAP even more

6 hours ago, Gato said:

Sorry to hear the bad news about DAN.

AOb38: SUCCESSFUL: From Scratch:
DAC/DDC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
Driver/Version: T+A USB Audio USB Driver / 1.0.62.0
Need to press F8: NO
Player: HQPlayer 3.25.3
KS working: YES
WASAPI working: YES
Needed HD Audio Driver: NO

PS:
Control "PC": Mac OS 10.14.4 / Roon 1.6 (build 401)

Could you please share your HQPlayer/2019 core setup?

Single/Dual PC ? WASAPI output? Drag and Drop for file loading ?

Many Thanks!